/who/ - Doctor Who General

>Well, I seem to be stuck in the sodding time vortex again!

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/1U47w
strawpoll.me/13640211
youtube.com/watch?v=mqQs-kC7wFk
youtube.com/watch?v=MprPBxSBDn8
kingoftheflatscreen.com/hottest-woman-72617-lily-travers-still-star-crossed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for waifu companion

Doctor Who is dead.

Anyone want to watch something in the stream later?

shada is great ep

>tfw used to hope that this small detail of the drawing with the house on fire would be relevant somehow
>tfw used to hope that the conspicuous staircase leading up to the attic of Amy's house would be relevant somehow
>tfw used to hope that we'd come back to Amy's house at some point to finally find out why the TARDIS explosion happened on her wedding day, and how it was done, resulting in some shocking and mind blowing answers and a deep thematic throughline involving the loss of childhood innocence (and maybe the return of Omega or some shit)
>tfw it was not to be
I'm glad multi season arcs aren't a thing any more desu

Only true fans itt

Hey everyone, I'm making a custom TARDIS console for the mod Fallout Who Vegas, can I trouble you for your opinion quickly?

All i want to know is your personal opinion on which looks nicer, to you.

Light Blue or Dark Blue.

Cheers!

imgur.com/a/1U47w
strawpoll.me/13640211

>it's a Season 18 episode

Light blue.

Where's the console?

>Central control panels
>no wibbly uppy downy thing

Scaroth reporting in.

It's different, a change from the norm, the idea is you stand in the middle and the consoles are around you, there's plenty of the normal stuff in the mod but i wanted to try something new and fresh and weird

There's some things that shouldn't be changed. Even Capaldi's helicopter TARDIS has a central column and a thing that goes up and down inside it.

Odd but okay.

Maybe try orange though, or something that can match the Pip-Boy colours.

You do you.

>tfw the significance of faux TARDIS in The Lodger was never revealed
>tfw the shadowy figure in The Eleventh Hour was never explained
>tfw all the omega signs planted throughout S5 and S6 meant nothing

What are some other planted ideas in S5/6 that lead to nothing?

My next plan is another central one, this was just an idea i needed to get down and people are saying they're excited for when i release it, i'm just trying to see which version people prefer
Blue was the primary colour in my original design, i'm gonna stick with it, although I can change the lighting when i import it in game

>tfw this actually makes more sense than the normal console design
Damn...

>tfw the significance of faux TARDIS in The Lodger was never revealed

It was a Silence TARDIS, like the one seen in The Impossible Astronaut

>tfw the shadowy figure in The Eleventh Hour was never explained

That was Eleven, shown in The Big Bang

>tfw all the omega signs planted throughout S5 and S6 meant nothing

oh wait it's bait

There's a gif of it i'm trying to get small enough to post, i'll put it in when it's done

>first one
Didn't even need to be explained and was never hinted to be important, but it was anyway when they reused the set in S6.
>second one
Literally explained in The Big Bang

I was sad about the omega symbols though.

I do like the design you have going here. When you add the central column post the update here if you don't mind :)

>It was a Silence TARDIS, like the one seen in The Impossible Astronaut

It was never explained though was it? 11 literally says "Very aickman road, suppose I'm about to find out why" then he never does...

Also the normal TARDIS was designed for 6 people to fly, i've tried to make it so 5 people could still stand there and pilot, space wise

Well if you buy Ten's explanation that piloting a TARDIS meant a minimum of six crewmembers then it makes sense.

:)

Not sure if it was just how I imagined it, but the War Tardis in Engines of War had separate stations for each Timelord to control

If it has 1 pilot, yes it makes much more sense, as the pilot can quickly get to each control panel.

If you go by Journey's End's logic where it's supposed to have 6 pilots, the hexagonal design works better.

>Also the normal TARDIS was designed for 6 people to fly
This is RTD's retcon and is only at an ambiguous level of canon. There was never talk of 6-owner TARDIS use prior to this.

Your version is better because 1 person can stand in the middle and doesn't have to literally run around to operate the thing.

Huh, never thought of that

Man, toy commercials are fun
youtube.com/watch?v=mqQs-kC7wFk

It's much less stimulating for the general audience to just see the Doctor pivot in one place to control the TARDIS as opposed to seeing him have to dash round the console.

Alright you've all got different opinions on the TARDIS im making and that's good, i like the discussion.

Here's my favourite part about it, and just as a word there's a glass floor so it won't actually do anything to you while you stand there.

What do you think?

>block transfer computation

It looks much better in motion, I'm starting to think it doesn't need a central console at all.

When it's done - properly textured and lit, this is going to look really good.

Make it pink

youtube.com/watch?v=MprPBxSBDn8

Thanks heaps, it means a lot

The rotating floor dials are fucking neat.

The best part of the JN-T era is the theme music.

Which?

The theme music in general, except for Seven's.

Logopolis is the worst last story of a Doctor. At least End of Time wasn't boring. At least Time of the Doctor wasn't slow. At least Planet of the Spiders had giant talking spiders. Logopolis is just such a bore.

4u

But... but... muh Tom Baker.

The only thing I really enjoy about Logopolis is the "TARDIS within a TARDIS" scene.

when Adric put his finger in his ass and sniffs later
that is funny

I predict 1 and 12 will hug in the christmas special

Which doesn't really make sense as they're two separate TARDISes, not the same one.

Now make the round things pink too

and since i'm doing this here.

Nah, they'll hug Susan.

And Pip-Boy Green

I guess I just really like TARDIS stuff. Castrovalva is GOAT until the moment they leave the TARDIS.

How would you end Doctor Who?

is there any pictures of the new Polly?

Do we know who she's played by?

it never ends
it just changes
maybe changes to something we dont even rcognize

Probably the same way as Survival ended, to make way for any possible revivals in the future.

Make it so that the Doctor, feeling suicidal and depressed over all the people that's lost, changes physics so that time travel becomes impossible, then kills himself.

I like it, seems very fitting for the eighth doctor

>Oh Doctor, what's wrong? You seem a little weak. Let me help you...

Lily Travers, for those wondering

sauce?

>except for Seven's

I had a really silly idea one time for a finale of Doctor Who where the Doctor materializes somewhere, and crosses paths with one of his previous regenerations, and realizes that he's been traveling for so long that he has visited every major place across time and space and he has one last nostalgia-filled adventure and finally decides to retire and becomes the curator

except Ireland

With a chainsaw.

>Doctor goes to Ireland
>turns out to be the 80's
>step out of Tardis
>gets grabbed and tortured because he's technically a member of the British Goverment

You heard of the TARDIS addon for GMOD?

dies and regenerates into Irish actress Amy Shiells

Pretty sure they would just shoot mid regeneration, or once they get what info they need/want

one bomb in london is worth 3 in belfast,

delet

Based Candie

we /who/nger games tonight boys?

I nominated Kaagh the Slayer, it's his turn

Doctor Who but everyone's a chav

`Doctor Who but everyones a filthy pikey

who's the best doctor and why is it eight

heh. i might do one again later on but can the thread come up with some interesting events?
ie (Player1) reveals to (Player2) he is a former prime minister.

what if the doctor was a pickle

What if the Thirteenth Doctor was still played by an actress but it's your favourite actress

>Toclafane were envisioned as a surrogate for Daleks had Davies not gotten the rights
>Time War would have been between Time Lords and Toclafane
>meaning it would have been a war between Time Lords and humans
I actually kind of wish this had happened instead of a Dalek-Time Lord war.

(Player1) and (Player2) gave each other comfort in a moment of weakness

(Player1) watches Time and The Rani, they cant take it and kill themself.

(Player1) gets killed by a Moffat hitsquad

(Player1) kills (Player2) after hearing them shittalk their favorite.

Google her, it's one of the first to come up.

She tweeted the trailer saying she's excited about it, and a few news sites have reported about her.

(Player1) gets converted into a Cyberman, but (Player2) rescues them by turning them into a puddle.

(Player1) inadvertently get trapped in the sodding Time Vortex

(Player1) tells (Player2) "Now that, was really very nicely done."

Here's some pictures of her; kingoftheflatscreen.com/hottest-woman-72617-lily-travers-still-star-crossed/

Yet another colour attempt

Looks a bit like a very good model.

(Player 1) take over for (Player 2) as showrunner. Doctor Who is ruined forever, and (Player 2) kills themself.

*(Player1) kills (Player2) after hearing them shittalk their favorite doctor

Fuck im blind