Nick Animation Podcast Episode #18: Lauren Faust

The Nick Animation podcast generally has some pretty cool guests, and this time it's none other than Lauren Faust.
nickanimation25.tumblr.com/post/150162173758/nick-animation-podcast-episode-18-lauren-faust
>My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic creator Lauren Faust hated the My Little Pony TV show as a kid. Why can’t girl cartoons be badass too? After honing her storytelling skills on Iron Giant, Powerpuff Girls, and Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends, Lauren got her chance to make My Little Pony the way she always wanted. You’re welcome all you girls and Bronies!

youtube.com/watch?v=1Fs6R8XtUGU

Man, I hope I don't get banned for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HsDy7QJ5uh8
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91369206/archive.no-ip.org/co/thread/20448228.html#p20450220
derpicdn.net/img/2012/7/21/51830/large.png
i.imgur.com/cqb94Rc.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=u-hLtk2GUGY
youtube.com/watch?v=vPfSw2W_jEE
youtube.com/watch?v=czs3p8hK0e8
youtube.com/watch?v=CHgO7IyMfNg
youtube.com/watch?v=29oy4OZgMKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cool will check it out. All I have is Sup Forums and Sup Forums podcasts

>talks about 3 month old daughter in the beginning

conspiracy theorists got rekt'd

Oh.

Then why didn't she talk about it before during those 3 months?

M Y D A U G H T E R
Y

D
A
U
G
H
T
E
R

i can´t find anything about this

I find it ironic that this comes out after a thread that questioned whether people "still hated her".
>mfw she mentions Sup Forums

Gee maybe you should listen to the podcast op linked

>my daughter's only three months old

I felt so sorry for her! I thought she loss'd her baby. Very happy she's a mother.

They're two different babies.

Because you assholes make dead baby jokes.

anything besides this podcast

I wouldn't even mind the jokes if they weren't so old, by now.

>podcast

Wait how tall is she again? That guy must be a turbomanlet.

What can I say, they've been neat.

They talk about Sup Forums at 18:55

Ask Craig.

>the way she always wanted.
MLP isn't Galaxy Girls.

Give Faust her dream animated series, now.

Oh shit, congrats for her.

she didn't want a show for galaxy girls though, just the toyline

>The only non-comics thing Donna was ever in

HOORAY FOR HER AND CRAIG

youtube.com/watch?v=HsDy7QJ5uh8

>Halfway in he inturrupts her mid-sentence to say "Tell me about the child you lost."
>silence
>Faust stutters some "I"s and "Um"s
>cuts her off again with "That was probably your last shot at being a mother. Tell me about the miscarried child you'll never raise. How was that?"
Things felt pretty playful and jovial up until then. What the fuck is up with this guy?

I really hope you didn't actually watch the podcast so I can imagine your face when she mentions her daughter THREE SECONDS IN.

Glad that Nick guy was BTFO. The miscarriage must have sucked but she's an actual mother now, goood for her.

I think the darkest part was the MLP themed sex dungeon. Not surprising, but weird that it came up.

does anybody have links to the threads where the brony thing started?

>My daughter
How we know is Craig's child?

Because it's not yours.

There used to be a website that saved and let you access the first couple of threads, but I never saved it.

Yeah i wonder if they adopted or she hide during the pregnancy

Forcing her to pose with the custom made Galaxy Girls blow-up dolls was a bit strange.

Oh fug, she had a kid that didn't die

Oh thank god, that's a real relief. I remember reading an article from about a year ago iirc, where they had mentioned that they wanted kids but hadn't been successful yet. I'm happy for them.

>She mentioned Steven Universe
WE GON FULL CIRCLE

>She only barely mentions it as something she was talking about
DA CIRCLE AINT FULL ENOUGH

Sure thing Lauren

Pretty good interview btw

Now that she mentioned it, any 'girly shit' that appeals to guys too?

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91369206/archive.no-ip.org/co/thread/20448228.html#p20450220

derpicdn.net/img/2012/7/21/51830/large.png

i.imgur.com/cqb94Rc.jpg

All I could find. Why were there so many posters using trips?

>she mentioned Sup Forums

Cause Sup Forums had a lot of tripfags. Much more chill and social.
This, of course, was before SJWs and the modern complains of tumblr.

What did she mean by this?

These are actually pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=u-hLtk2GUGY

youtube.com/watch?v=vPfSw2W_jEE

youtube.com/watch?v=czs3p8hK0e8

youtube.com/watch?v=CHgO7IyMfNg

youtube.com/watch?v=29oy4OZgMKQ

What did she say?

Mentioned the origin of bronies

Was she upset?

Nah, she's always felt kind of "proud" for it.
Mentions how it's even better that everyone was setting themselves up to hate it only for everyone to say "Shit, guys, this is actually good".

Not at all, she mentioned that even though were negative, we're atleast a bit more honest than most places

>he doesn't remember when she graced /mlp/ with her presence

Back when PPG started airing every guy in my class pretended we didn't like it, but we all still talked about it all the time. That is of course a given, I've heard similar stories from many people here.

I guess Sup Forums has the best "girly shit that appeals to guys", considering the stuff they're into... but Totally Spies and Kim Possible are also not that bad from what I hear.

>She still loves us.

She really is best mom.

>disappear from public eye for a year
>come back with "your" daughter

Why cant these people suck up their pride and admit they adopted

Because people might look for a paper trail and discover that their daughter is a space alien.

Nigga she graced Sup Forums with her presence first and confirmed it via DA.

"Dance puppets, dance!"

I'm surprised how much they just let get said on these podcasts. Especially with the cursing.

I doubt actual kids watch them

Also, thread is making me strangely nostalgic for pastel horses. Time to watch season 1 again

This was a lot better than I was expecting it to be
>By the time your thirteen, one of you is still a little more ten, one of you is a little more fifteen?
Man, I know that feel

Watch season 6, it's really good

The green one is closest to her heart.

This season sucks ass.

I'm really happy she and Craig are finally parents. That's more important than WoY season 3.

Braise da queen :D :D

I really loved Sailor Moon and still have a soft spot for her today.

...I mean, for "it." The show. Obviously.

>Her baby is alive

I needed to smile today. Thanks, OP.

There was time when I though I would never say (around 2010-2013), but Im really proud of Nick at this point. They started off in this decade really badly with constant reruns of the Spongebob and way too many Dan "The Man With a Sinister Plan" Schneider sitcoms, most of which have gone down in quality by A LOT, the dude hit his peak with Drake and Josh. Now they are bringing new shows and celebrating their roots as place for children's animation. I really love this series, its great to hear what goes on behind the scenes from these animators, although I do wonder if they would ever get the guts to interview you-know-who.

She knows that show's fandom has managed to somehow (and this is amazing folks) become more cancerous that the fandom she helped to create.

>"I used to sneak into my brothers bedroom"

OH BOY

I actually hadn't, but being insensitive aside I'm happy for Craig and Lauren.

Look a manlet..heeheheheh

To be fair, Lauren is like 6'1", and she's probably wearing heels .

She has a pretty voice.

Funny here on Sup Forums most of us are like "I'm so glad they had a baby" or just neat things about the interview.

Over on Equestria Daily most of the 'trots' are just pissed that they have to be reminded that she created the show. "No shut up. She didn't do anything!"

Many I forgot how much I hate those miserable, hypocritical horse-fuckers.

It's weird when the Nicktoons podcast interviews creators for cartoons Nick canceled a season in.

>visit website to see what you're talking about
>all that garbage on the front page
Man, I just really got out of MLP hard. Or maybe I was just never in.

Nah most of Sup Forums that never went to /mlp/ were never really bronies, those fuckers are absolutely autistic about the show and think Lauren contributed nothing to the show even though she created it

I don't keep up with that community any more. How is /mlp/ in regards to Faust? Is she still their "mother" or do they share the same opinions that you say EQDer's have?

Season 1 was the only good season anyway, and I consider the first 2 episodes of season 1 the series finale.

first 2 epsides of season 2*

That's because everyone from mid-S2 onwards is a fucking bandwagon jumper and should've fucked off.

Also, I'm surprised B-fag hasn't shown up yet.

Many /mlp/ autists have flat out admitted they've never watched any of Faust's other works, yes including PPG, and think she takes too much credit for the show

Well to be fair Faust didn't really do much in the good seasons, just that really good feminism episode.

So they'r horsefuckers, shit taste and ungrateful assholes, meanwhile we'r happy that she and Craig are finally parents, but we are the mean ones

Remember how but hurt /mlp/ when Lauren visited co instead.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any of that. Just people bitching about how Luaren's episodes were the best or the worst, or how she's actually a hack, for lack of a better phrase.

Oh, misread your post, that's what you said they were doing.
I thought you said they were somehow complaining about the baby. I suppose it might say something that that might be something they'd do?

Nice mural.

Can you name them all Sup Forums? you should

Wouldn't that have been before /mlp/? Maybe there was another time or I'm not remembering properly. There was also that whole time when Lauren visited /mlp/, not coincidentally that was probably the last time I was on that shithole of a board.

It was for the best, i just went to see what they thinked of the interview and they don't care about Faust work, some even claim that the show got better after she left and from what i hear the shoe jumped the shark at the end of season 3

Which was the beginning of the end. It's running on fumes now.

>yfw you'll never be confused as to why you're liking this show more and more while watching the pilot
>yfw you'll never get excited to hear Pinkie sing
>yfw you'll never spend time on synchtube, coming up with outlandish theories about how Equestria works
>yfw you'll never talk about how nice it would be to have some unobtrusive merch so that people could recognize each other
>yfw brony will never be a non-derogatory term anymore
>yfw you never get excited for the new season
>yfw Eurobeat brony will never make another good song

So one thing that caught my attention is when she said that Girls need to see it to do it, referring to the necessity of role models for girls.

Is this something that's different between boys and girls? I never really felt I needed or even had role models especially in my TV shows.

>yfw brony will never be a non-derogatory term anymore
Wasen't this created by people in Sup Forums who thinked that no one with self respect would call himself somethig so ridiculous