youtube.com/watch?v=vbF4qz_-PCM&t=0m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The French champagne

Alcoholism

Outspoken genius.

rosebud

thats simply called wine here in france

Being a patrician in a world of Philistines

He became a fat alcoholic yet he put out movies that were league's above everybody else's, dude is a legend

Fuck's sake, you turn up to work shit-faced ONCE, they call you an alcoholic. He'd probably been to a party to celebrate his awesomeness or something.

the french

watch it Frenchies!

youtube.com/watch?v=vbF4qz_-PCM&t=0m30s

Yeah the guy who drank a pint of scotch with every meal totally wasn't a alcoholic

I'm not sure what your point is, that kid is clearly a douche.

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mwahaaa

he's right tho

He ate so much that he probably needed to drink that much in order that the food wouldn't soak it up. Also, it's not like we can be sure that he downed it, he was possibly just having all his whiskies of the night in one glass, seems practical to me if you're covering the table with dishes, which he clearly did. Food was surely his issue, not drink.

Computer, run program Paul Masson California Champagne Ad. Increase level of French excellence by 250 % and you know what just make it Romulan Ale instead. Set activity levels for all female actresses to 0%. Disengage directorial instructions. Authorization Awesome Wells Mahah the Romulans 1978.

Coming to work hung over, rather than shitfaced as Orson did, just means that you had some drinks the night before. The capacity to get drunk is not itself an indication of an alcoholic.

Give me one reason why Orson Welles' functional alcoholism wasn't simply a daring and adventurous way of life informed by his intelligent and practiced love of theatrics and drama? We should all be so free to get sloshed in a champagne commercial in our twilight years.

Haha!

>Orson Welles' functional alcoholism

I know you're making a joke with this, but it was ONE incident! I'd say if he was really an alcoholic, he would have turned up almost indistinguishable from a sober dude. Turning up that drunk probably just means a misjudged party.

Also, we don't know what time the call for the shoot was. If he went straight to it from a party or a heavy dinner the previous night, maybe not having slept, that would explain it too.

>Just do anything?

Seriously what the fuck did he mean by this? Or was it "She/he doesn't do anything?" Still doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think he says "he doesn't do anything?" He's waiting for the actor to do his first action, beginning the scene, not realizing that his line is meant to come first.

I'm on your team man, Orson did nothing wrong.

Oh I know, I'm just talking about the other people.

The more weight one carries, the higher their tolerance for alcohol.

NNNNNAAAAAHHHHHH THE FRENCH.. CHAMPAGNE

This.

Crazy how one incident branded him. No one really cares now a days.

even if he was an alcoholic, who gives a shit. it's all jokes anyway.

He didnt give a fuck

Just like Brando, if they were alive today they would be blacklisted for being based

>The more alcohol one drinks, the higher their tolerance for alcohol

ftfy

He was exceedingly fat. Real drinkers seldom get as far out of their tolerance as he evidently did before going to that shoot.

THE MORE HE DRANK

THE MORE HE GREW AND THE MORE HE GREW THE MORE HE DRANK

mwaaaHAAAAAAAAH THR FRENCH

This. Did they ever hang out? I guess Welles died before Brando ballooned up.

Don't forget to disengage the safety protocols Orson. He doesn't do anything without commands.

Can someone slap Orson on the did nothing wrong chart? Please.

Laughingeaglesman.jpg

But who was in the wrong here?
Orson or the French champagne?

the French
champagne

Paul Masson of course

It didn't roll off of the tongue.

the fermentation was all fucked up

Crumb crisp coating.

Welles thought Brando was dumb so I doubt it