Romanian stereotypes about Hungarians

How do most Romanians view Hungarians? Do they view them as poor? Do they view them as rich oppressors? Why do they think Hungarians are Mongols? Don't they realize the Hungarians fought the Mongols when they invaded Europe in 1241 and 1285? What does "Bozgor" mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iMX1NZiXYBk
imninalu.net/myths-Vlach.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons
youtube.com/watch?v=zmvRMVMrzA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they're bros + palinka
same shitholey economic situation
i've yet to hear anyone associate them with mongols outside the internet

only autists that have been brainwashed by the propaganda (both romanians and hungarians) sperg about what land belongs to who

"bozgor" replaces "hungarian" (derogatory)

Hunnic steppe niggers that stole our land then started crying about it when we took it back.

How can they steal your land when Romania didn't exist until 1881?

We were there when they first arrived.

I unironically like Romania

they larp as Daco-Romans or some shit

Not your land, radu. Vl*chs only came to Transylvania in the middle ages, then started larping as Romans.

WE

Where did they come from?

You still believe the 19th century meme?

WUZ

Southern Balkans

Why did you post a map of the pastoral routes that Vlach shepherds took?

So Romanians are actually Dalmatians who came to the Kingdom of Hungary in the 1500s or some shit and have no connection to the "ancient Dacians"? That explains what happened to the Dalmatian language I guess. Or am I wrong?

the Latin-speaking population of the Balkans before the Slavs. They left their cities as the Slavs destroyed classical civilisation in the Balkans and took up herding due to restrictions on land ownership and intermarriage with the newcomers imposed by the Slavs (attested in the 10th century in Croatia.

>it's just a meme!

Slavs have been in the Balkans since the 6th century though.

>took it back

you gypsy fuck if not for soviet victory you wouldn't have Transylvania at all

also Banat is rightful german clay

Ez az igazi magyar határvonal.

These are the real borders of Romania.

Acestea sunt adevăratele granițe ale României.

Romanian vlachs existed among the ethnic groups in the area, although they were mostly confined to the original regions of the eroman empire. Slavic tribes, like avars that lived in the carpathian basin were driven out by the invading magyar tribes, and at this point they settled the basin, and vlachs tribes moved north to inhabit most of Wallachia and the eastern edges of the basin, both to take advantage of the farmland and because of the Bulgar expansions. You have to remember that it wasnt defined by borders, it was a gradient, and every time local Magyar or vlachs were killed or left, the other would might take its place

Rumanians are a mixed breed of oriental avar and pecheneg nomads, gypsies, southern slavs and maybe a few latin-speaking dacians. Rumanians will never be european, they are albanian tier mongrels. The whole country should be partitioned between Hungary, Bulgaria and Ukraine.

>Slavic tribes, like avars that lived in the carpathian basin were driven out by the invading magyar tribes
Most of them were assimilated

Romanian white power music.

youtube.com/watch?v=iMX1NZiXYBk

Yeah, I'm just mentioning for ease of understanding, effectively they no longer existed, even the Cumans eventually assimilated after a few centuries. That said Etelköz was also inhabited by Hungarians for a while, and while you could say this would make a claim on the area, these things happened so long ago that the ethnic boundaries no longer look the same. If you want to justify transylvania as either, you should look at history past the 15th century or so, since anything before really had no impact on the modern day outside of the ramifications of conquest

These borders were fictitiously invented by turks just to have a buffer state against Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, it exists only thanks to t*rks

>13th century chronicle
>"Yes there are Vlachs in Transylvania and they have been here ever since we arrived"

>19th century
>HOL UP

Why haven't you hanged yourself yet Mariusz?

>Concerning this historical period, the supporters of the Daco-Roman myth consider it to be the background for the epic accounts of the Gesta Hungarorum, which are often quoted by them with the purpose of proving that the Vlach were the inhabitants of Transylvania before Árpád conquered the land. This literary work, that belongs to the fiction genre, mentions the dukes of Bihar, Bánát and Transylvania, who are said to be respectively a Khazar, a Slav and a Vlach. There is no trace of such characters in any contemporary document because they are completely imaginary. On the other hand, very prominent personalities that were indeed quite engaged with the Magyar conquest like Emperor Arnulf of the Franks, Kings Svatopluk and Mojmir II of Moravia, Czar Simeon of Bulgaria or Leon VI of Byzantium are not mentioned at all in the Gesta Hungarorum ‒ any trustworthy history treatise would not fail to mention them.

Didn't spend enough time in Cluj yet, only went past the postapocalyptic hellhole.

(cont.)
Besides this, important battles are omitted and there are many anachronisms mainly regarding peoples that were not present in the Carpathian Basin in that period, like Cumans and Vlach. The author was an anonymous writer of the 12th century c.e. that projected the situation of his time back to three centuries earlier, and his accounts are in sharp contrast with the contemporary sources that reported the Magyar conquest as eyewitnesses. Such documents attest that the peoples involved in the events related with the Magyar conquest of the Carpathian Basin were Slovenes and other Slavic tribes, Moravians, Avars, Bulgarians, Franks and Gepids, but no Romans, Vlach or Cumans. The author of Gesta Hungarorum may have been led into confusion by Slavic accounts about the fact that the Magyars seized the Danubian Basin from the Franks, that were then called (as well as Italians) "Voloch", "Vlasi" by the Slavs ‒ hence the Hungarian translation of the toponyms containing the term "frank/franc" into "olasz[i]", and the Romany name of France, "Valshi", derived from the Slavic term.

What haplogroup were the original Magyars? I've heard it was Haplogroup Q because they "came from Asia". I've also read somewhere that King László had Haplogroup R1b which would mean his ancestor Arpad had it as well.

Dunno, whatever haplogroup Khanty or Mansi people belong to I guess

The amount of Hungarian WE in that answer is giving me AIDS. Who is the bozgor animal that you're quoting?

They were scythians and proto-indo-germanics before that

wtf are you talking about? Not considering Gesta Hungarorum as a legit historical source is WE? It contains some truth, but most of it is just fantasy, like every other medieval codex.
>imninalu.net/myths-Vlach.htm

go back to central asia, black eye pecheneg you

>Avraham Sandor
Yeah...

I was not even talking about the chronicle itself, just the autistic interpretation that bozgor gave it.

Arpad didn't come from Khanty-Mansi people. He came from Turania.

This is bullshit, German admixture only became prominent after the Ottomans were kicked out, and the Habsburgs resettled the ravaged territories with Germans.

Define Turania

>that stole our land
>took it back
OHNONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
WHEEZE

Why are wallachia and moldavian regions so much poorer than transylvania?
Did the magyar warrior bless the land?

proximity to central europe is my best guess

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons

They built the land.

They were under Ottoman rule for centuries, while Transylvania remained semi-autonomous

Romanian government investments + this. Wallachia used to be richer than Transylvania per capita before the great war and the occupation.

the romanian principalities were semiautonomous too, but the taxes levied were huge
also it doesnt help that we were at the russo turkish border

why are you so angry lithiopia

OH YEAH LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!!!!

I felt really unsafe around those crumbling Ceaucescu's commieblocks and hordes of gypsies roaming around every train station. I'm sorry but you have to do something about that.

nothing we can do about gommie blocks
gypps fold over rather quickly so you can probably van damme your way out if you get cornered
just protect your pockets

>romanians still learn commie fairytales in school

SAD!

On the bright side you have wonderful nature and habsburg old towns. I hiked up Moldoveanu, was really nice.

>Said the citizen of a country that was the second communist country after Russia

REALLY SAD

>Bela Kun
>hungarian

still no WE WUZ of epic propotions, even your educated ppl laught at that shit, sort yourself out

Why do ROManians poo on the ground and not in toilets?

>that clear boundary between hungarian and turkish parts

AYYYYYYYY

Why are ROManians like Indians?

Why are ROManians so violent?

Why are ROManian hospitals africa tier?

>be romanian
>kill self

were doing ok actually

>Belgium is Latvia tier
What's wrong with them?

I AM NOT GREEK

how come the uks rate is so low?

holy shit
Lithuania user ITT are you ok?

youtube.com/watch?v=zmvRMVMrzA4

I-I'm watching this on repeat h-haha...

But really I think our high score is some cultural quirk. I knew two people that hanged themselves and one that suffocated on carbon monoxide. Some inability to accept humiliating conditions. I consider it really insulting since this goes against Nietasche's teaching, it's really christian in all its humility and fatalism. Suicide is pitiful.

Thanks for asking though

They've gotten better. There was and still is a huge media campaign to expose these things.

Tfw we beat the Netherlands at something in one of these maps

Suck it kaaskoppen

Can you believe these Hungarians? They should be thankful to us for saving them!

We don't really care about them in my part of the country

itt autism
>How do most Romanians view Hungarians?
neutral, some brainlets (see football fans) like to hate on them because they heard others do it but can't even point to Hungary on a map
>Do they view them as poor?
poor as in about as bad as us? yeah
poor as in poorer than us? no
>Do they view them as rich oppressors?
no lmao
> Why do they think Hungarians are Mongols?
very few people are even aware of this meme(?)
>What does "Bozgor" mean?
pretty insulting term for "hungarian"
don't know what it means, some say it is "without a country/mountains", some say it comes from "bazd meg"