Was GoT always this bad?

Was GoT always this bad?

Do I only regard the first couple of seasons as kino because of nostalgia glasses?

Yes, but the initial seasons had more GRRM creative control, had the books to go off and had literal scenes written by GRRM (See Cercei in BLackwater episode). Now that D&D are on their own, its waaaay more noticable

It was unironically one of the best shows ever(s1 to s3 I guess). It got gradually worse and worse and now we're watching a retarded nonsense shitshow.

I love a game thrones I love game thrones

Season 1 was adequate, everything after was garbage

The show died with Robb Stark.

Thanks for yet another GoT thread, friend. This board is irredeemable garbage.

Pretty much this. It was the start of a constant downward trend

This

Dumb and Dumber are shitty writers

I'm rewatching the show the last two weeks (at the end of second season now) and yeah, it's miles better. The scenes and dialogue are pretty good. All of them have something going on. Now the majority of scenes are shit and filler.

There was already loads of bad writing prior to that. Remember his Indian feminist gf?

it's got worse the more they strayed from the book, now that D&D are just going off signposts from GRRM and have to fill in the gaps themselves it shows up their lack of writing ability.

pretty shocking really, from the great writing minds that gave us x-men origins wolverine

Yeah, that's why I said "constant" up until that point there would be bad stuff but still a lot of good as well.

>indian
She's Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter, dumbfuck. I think the "ethnic" look comes from her being half-Iberian

Like everything that gets popular it is eventually perverted from the original to appease the majority, we're now watching tumblr fanfiction.

S1-S3 D&D had very little control and the hings they did control were kept in chack by the other writers/directors. Then when the pennies started rolling in, HBO let them do more, whilst having less to go off, whilst they wanted more lavish stuff (Dorne etc)

Basically Star Wars 1-3 syndrome kicked in, and now even the normies are noticing the shit writing as D&D start elaborate plots and abandon or forget them later in the script in place of emotion acting

Remember when the massive battles were saved for the ninth episode of the season? Now it's battles and CGI dragons all the time. The reason behind that is the supposed lack of material yet they have people teleporting all around Westeros due to "time constraints."

Easiest way to work out if a series is worth watching: If Tyrion has a beard, it's a shit series.

This season is bretty good imo. It has the usual comedy dialogue, characters making inexplicable decisions, wasted screen time, bad acting etc... but we're finally actually getting somewhere. Dare I say it, best season since the first?

>Dare I say it, best season since the first?
Best since the second or third for sure.

How the fuck do you have nostalgia for game of thrones? Am I being baited?

It's being rushed. I mean, just look at the Lannisters taking Highgarden. Earlier in the show, something of that magnitude would've been a major theme running through at least a season, but now it gets handwaved in a matter of minutes. There's simply too much stuff that needs to happen to wrap the plot up, so armies and characters are teleporting all over the place to tick all the boxes in time.

>The reason behind that is the supposed lack of material

It's both. There's a bunch of events that need to happen, and no books detailing exactly how these events play out. It's like GRRM writing "Dany's brother is killed and she raises an army and sails to Westeros" and leaving D&D to cram that into one episode.

>watching GOT after season 2
>tune out in the middle of each long dialogue scene
>give up
I guess my mind realized something I didn't.

You should try S7. There's less dialogue and more GCI dragons fighting zombie armies, probably be enough to hold the attention of your ADHD-riddled brain.