Will we ever see traditional animation make a comeback?

Will we ever see traditional animation make a comeback?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTJpmlnY5NA
youtube.com/watch?v=B3altsX8n6o
youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

No

Anime

no

i gave your mom a come back last night faggot

If producers stop hiring cheap chinks to do it, maybe

>will people put effort into animation again?
"No!"

>They made the clerk black
Racist desu

btfo

>will we ever sneed traditional animation chuck a comeback?

What was meant by this?

no

i used to not like S01 animation, but now i realize it is better

Never sadly

his hands are significantly larger than the yellow ones though.

i have one or two more

>posting some shitty gif to make it look worse

there's so much more personality

everything isn't measured with a ruler and drawn with stencils to produce the same exact too-perfect look

The best thing about traditional animation is just how packed every frame is

You can pause any golden era episode at any point and you get a 10/10 image

this would have felt sterile and lifeless if done in the new style

not season 1 but a good one

>anime
>no cgi

youtube.com/watch?v=zTJpmlnY5NA

what room is this

willem dafoe?

The rumpus room

>shows the intro

I can tell you watch a lot of anime.

What does one do in a "rumpus" room?

why did they need three different living rooms?

Fuck if i know, im not American

pumpus your rumpus with a plumbus

Living room, recreation room, and den.

checkd. You are right, you can tell they really put a lot of time into each cell.

This single image has more emotion than the last 15 years of The Simpsons

only for hipster 2deep art projects

that's every frame there, mr. retard.

now posting my favorite series of animation cells of all time. why is this one so good?

whoops posted the jpg instead of the gif

>muh nostalgia

Grow the fuck up

I would unironically rather watch some old animation in shitty 480p than the digit shit they produce today in 4k

>the hand that reaches up

If they ever stop outsourcing the animation to India, then maybe it will. Until then, they get what they pay for.

shouldnt you be begging some C list celeb to come to your trash show right now groening?

Inb4 sneed

>implying this show has ever been animated by anything but slave labour

I can't believe it! 26 posts in and still no mention of…them.

PICKLE SNEED

Look again chuckhead

>Americans

Free to have as many rooms as we want. Free to be in the fucking room we want. Go back to your shared bunkbed in your commieblock, the curfew must be going already

You people are so fucking stupid you don't even realize you feed into your own misery. Don't like Rick and Morty? Fine that's perfectly understandable but why would you reference them second hand in a thread you thought had no mention? because you like every other auti love the act of hating something more than disliking something for what it is.

>it's so dense, every single image has so many things going on
I think its more that they put effort in creative framing, in current simpsons it is all about how efficient a scene can be shat out off the production line that the framing of scenes is barely even a secondary thought.
You can see that the passion is gone, similar to Family Guy always going for the over the shoulder conversation shot with slow zoom in, it works and thats all that matters to them

Hey boy, how about a hug?

If you mean cel animation, then that's never coming back, literally nobody animates things that way anymore.
There's nothing inherently bad about digital animation anyway, it just boils down to how much effort people are willing to put in it, which is true for virtually every single animation method out there.

Many American shows are still animated by hand, and I think even the Simpsons may be, even if they manage to make it look very stiff. And anime is almost nothing but hand-drawn animation, and is the largest animation industry in the world.

Of course there's CG in anime, and there's no reason why there shouldn't be. CG is very useful and enables things that weren't possible before. But the majority of the animation still remains hand-drawn, and mostly on pen and paper too. Many shows don't even make much use of CG.

I agree to a point but even Samurai Jack season 5 showed the limits of digital animation, they put in all the time in the world and it looked good. Just not as good as it did traditionally

in the commentary on the old eps they talk about hand drawing the more complicated gags in house after shipping off the boilerplate stuff to korea

Little witch tho

Digital animation can mean different things, including drawing the animation (and possibly even the background paintings) on paper and doing everything else digitally, in which case they could have made the new SJ look the same as the old one. This approach has less limitations than cel animation did.

youtube.com/watch?v=B3altsX8n6o

You rump, it's in the fucking name

>posting the poster child of lazy animation

Sneed and Chuck need their own when they stay over.

HE SAID IT GUYS
AHAHAHAAH

Chuck?

You give someone the budget to really put the time in or create a situation where they can put time in themselves and get rewarded then maybe.

Ultimately it's not cost-effective to completely cut out computer animation techniques but there's probably a happy medium to be found as those techniques improve or people get sick of current lifeless techniques

Ironically though it doesnt become cost effective when you put the time and effort in, when The Simpson tried in the golden era they use to get 30+ mill viewers per episode. Now they get 3-4 million if they're lucky. The investment in quality is paid off for in viewers

It does become cost effective* i meant of course

Fourth Reich Motors, they go the extra kilometer.

I doubt animation made much of a difference in viewership.

>I doubt animation made much of a difference in viewership.

t. brainlet

How does that statement make me a brainlet?

I never claimed purely an investment in animation but they also invested in the show. If you go back and watch/listen to the commentary tracks for golden era Simpsons they talk about how literally every scene would go through 30-40 rewrites untill it was perfect. An investment in time pays. Its just studios dont understand this

was talking about animation and you didn't indicate in that you weren't also talking about animation. So I'm a brainlet for not reading your mind?

Wew

Yes, you are a brainlet

Did she hand him a seeding tutorial?

Mind reading capabilities don't exist, so by your own admission you are a brainlet as well.

>majority of industry outsources to cheap gooks and CG

Nah. Anime is dead.

yeah, in the big picture it always comes down to how much time & money a production has to spend.

Myth/propaganda. The vast majority of the work is still done in Japan, and CG anime makes up a very small minority.

hopefully

i just want to fuck aesthethics of oldschool simpsons

>those dark colors
>that purple

HNNGHH

steve buscemi ya dingus

Simpsons final episode was brutal, what was FOX thinking?

youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw

>checkd
chuckd

>tfw

Krusty on the top right is my reaction.

Chinks are souless subhumans how do you want them to capture something they don't know?

The show has always been outsourced to Asia.

>saying that after Kemono Friends

It's an outlier like every other 3D animated show. 2D animated shows are overwhelmingly the norm.

Would be 10/10 if her tits weren't so exaggerated

Will The Simpsons Golden era ever be topped?

Anime is even worse, the only thing that seems to move are the mouths.

Myth. Not true.

Delusional weeb

I stated a fact and did not indicate in any possible way that I'm a weeb.