Tfw I bought an OLED 4k tv and xbox one s 4k player

>tfw I bought an OLED 4k tv and xbox one s 4k player

Literally looks better than the movie theater movies.

Is this why theaters are dying? It's so much more comfy here.

Other urls found in this thread:

argos.co.uk/product/6845393
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jelly.

Did you just buy it or have you had it for a while?

Is the concern for OLED burn-in overblown?

What's the cheapest TV to buy without falling in to any gimmicks? Around 40-50 inch so I'm guessing 1080p is enough and no need for 4k meme and is oled that much better than led? Is there cheap led hdr tvs?

Just bought it, no issues yet. Friend also has a quantum dot from samsung which looks almost as good and it's cheaper.

Actually just bought spiderman on 4k instead of going to the movie to see it.

Best tvs are 4k now, they don't make 1080p oleds I don't think. That said if you get one with HDR is worth it. Like I said my friend got a ks8000 from samsung for about a grand and it looks amazing.

When will they make OLED TVs in the 40" range? I've been waiting for like 7 years to buy one and I'm getting impatient.

QLED is just LCD with better backlight array (using quantum-dot light emittors) though.

OLED actually shoots colored lights only in the pixels where it's supposed to emit color and goes completely black in pixels where the video is black while QLED will still have some light bleed if the adjacent pixels are turned on.

Considering shelling out the extra shekels for an OLED as well, but I'm quiet concerned about the image retention problems. Seems quite annoying to me, also means you can't just use it as a PC monitor if you feel like it.

Bought the B6 about a 6 month ago. It's worth every penny

>Literally looks better than the movie theater movies.
But it factually doesn't, unless you live in some third world shithole where they screen with fucking high school projectors.
An IMAX screen has the resolution of the equivalent of 18K. And I don't even have to start talking about the multi-thousand watt amplifiers and sound systems with perfect acoustic treatment in the theater room which is basically a standard for every modern cinema chain today.

Stop misusing the world "literally" please.

The burn in isn't an issue for me. If you fuck up, you just watch more TV and it'll fade away within an hour. The TV also has a built in feature to refresh the whole panel while it's off.

how much does it cost for a good 4k tv ?

$800+

you can forget about the monitor thing, image retention is very delicate

>all movie theaters are IMAX
Kys idiot, my local theater only has 2K projectors and I can see the pixels from the front row. My TV is 4K, has HDR, perfect black levels (the letterbox bars are inbibisvle at night) and is brighter. Unlike a theater, I can turn up the volume if it isn't loud enough (and it's never loud enough in the theater because they have to account for old people )

I have a 1080p oled, most content I have and consume is 1080p. Absolutely worth it, PS4 looks amazing, Xbone looks amazng. Rewatching all the Kinos I have just for kicks and see what I missed before. If you truly care about movies, invest in a good tv and a nice set of speakers

t. theater owner

>now, here's your $18.00 bucket of popcorn, tool...

OLED is great TV, terrible for PC monitor because of burn-in

I still think 4k is a gimmick but oled is beautiful. I got a 1080p oled for cheap because it was open box new and I adore it. It looks better than any dull washed out cinema projector, that's for sure. And not having to deal with phonefags is a godsend.

Shame most movies are mastered in 2k or 4k.

Also because of how big the screen is it looks like shit in a theater.

Also snacks are $30

The movie theater experience:

>Fat fuck crunching ice from his empty soda cup.
>Fat fuck eats popcorn the entire movie with his mouth open
>Retards checking their phones and lighting up the theater
>People talking
>Dirty floors and seats
>People leaning forward in their seats because of their autism
>People cant sit still
>People cant pay attention for more than 5 minutes
>Constant stream of people getting up to leave the theater for one reason or another

I can't wait for the theaters to die. I want first run movies in my home. I would never go to the theaters again.

personally i think a good sound system is more important than a screen but w.e

The only reason I go to the movies anymore is because by the time a movie I want to see comes out on home video Sup Forums will have spoiled it for me.

>xbox one s 4k player
I gotta say how impressed I am with the Xbox One S as a media player. It plays everything I've thrown at it. Burned DVDs and Blurays, pretty much every media file, even 3D movies. This thing deserves a lot more credit.

I currently have a 4TB HDD hooked up to mine with a ton of movies and tv shows. All neatly organized by folders, easy to browse, super easy to use. Great stuff.

bruce willis is dead the whole time

Are you an audiophile?

I have a receiver that supports 7.1 but am only using 5 speakers and a subwoofer. Is it worth $200 to get 2 more speakers for 7.1?

>Are you an audiophile?
no, but ye i would pay the 200

sounds like a shitty old local theater, even the ones in malls have better standards than that sorry for you

No one is making you buy the overpriced food and drinks, why do you even have to eat or drink while watching?
And if you really are that pathetic that you have to shove food and soda down your throat to be able to enjoy a film then I'm pretty sure you can just sneak whatever food from outside without anyone caring at all

Literally never experienced any of your points here except for a couple people leaving here and there. Feels good not to live in degenerate america.

Regal Cinema please

In a living room situation having anything more than 5 speakers is a meme. Better pay for a sound guy to make a proper acoustic treatment of your room so you can experience the audio like it is intended than to buy 12 more speakers or whatever.

>sounds like a shitty old local theater

Nope. This is theaters like the Arclight in Los Angeles. I live in the movie capital of the world.

I have a $1000+ setup at home but I still love going to the cinema
No roomate/brother/sister/mom/whoever barging in the room, no tasks/problems you suddenly remember you have to do, no phone notifications or calls, no temptation of looking up stuff you see in the film on the spot, no option of pausing the film 12 times, you just have sit there and experience the film as a whole at once with absolutely zero distractions like it's intended to be experienced (I'm from Europe so I never had a single bad cinema experience like I hear here often)

A bit of true escapism, I love it.

>I have a $1000+ setup at home

I paid $1800 for my tv alone, that's not a true setup dude.

I paid 3000 for my tv remote. sit down pleb

diff between oled ad hdr?? can i get a 1080p led hdr tv and not have burn in ?

Oh so you're a moron.

nope. Got a sony x800D for 500. Its perfect, fully supports HDR10 as well

I think my setup is most probably better than 95% of people here. A bigger screen would be overkill for the room and placement is crucial also, not just buying a whatever 4K TV and a surround sound system and placing it wherever it sits.
And let's not pretend like most of Sup Forums does not watch shitty encodes of torrented films on their 13 inch Toshiba laptops with one earbud on.

What size and where?

49 inch. Idk if they are all the same, but its that side tv store thats attached to best buy. Im honestly forgetting the name, but every best buy ive been to has one. They always have a theater room set up. It was an open box one, but the one thats certified excellent condition

Yeah but the OLED is going to burn out on your pretty quick.

I HAVE LITERALLY THE BEST TV AND ITS A TOTAL JOKE COMPARED TO 100 FOOT 70MM/LASER IMAX

EVEN 3 STORY HIGH DUAL 4K HOME THEATERS ARE FUCKING PLEB TIER COMPARED TO IMAX, YOUR TV AINT SHIT

Bit of a meme post but I agree,
I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who will watch Dunkirk first time when the torrent is out. I can't imagine someone experiencing the same thing when that first Stuka beach attack comes in if you watch it on your computer/TV, no matter the setup. The cinema experience is worth it for the sound alone.

I was told the same thing with plasma. If you're just watching films it may not be an issue but for day to day watching I now have a patchy screen where news logos and subtitles appear.

I watched Dunkirk in theaters imax at Atlantic Station in Atlanta and it honestly will look just as good on a 4k native bluray disc.

>Literally looks better than the movie theater movies.
>muh IMAX
Listen up nigger, OP never once mentioned IMAX. He referred to theaters in general, and in America the vast majority of projectors are 2K without HDR, meaning a 4K OLED with HDR can easily deliver a better experience than the standard. Which is not IMAX, you colossal sperg

What about a vr setup?

LMAO

TV SCREEN SIZES ARE A JOKE

A

J O K E

DUDE THE SCREEN HAS TO BE SO BIG I CANT SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE AND I GOTTA JERK MY HEAD AROUND THE ENTIRE TIME LMAO

IMAX is fine for the big event movies but there's no reason to watch Kitchen Nightmares on a 40 foot screen.

>buy OLED
>never have to hear Americans slopping on popcorn and coke or clapping ever again

Theater shills in this thread are something else. Your era is over fags.

>now, here's your $18.00 bucket of popcorn

At $18 it better come in a real bucket.

Who said anything about the theater?

>falling for the xbox meme

how much does this cost ?

John McClane was dead?

You are aware that the imax format has literally more visual information than what you will see at home? More vertical screen size.
Also the sound is unmatchable, doubt you are able to reach 118dbs right at your home.

yeah. really weird creative decision from the producers...

I'VE SEEN RIDICULOUS PRIVATE HOME THEATERS AND THEY'RE STILL COMPLETE SHIT COMPARED TO A TRUE IMAX

YOU PAY FOR THE VENUE AND THE EXPERIENCE, NOTHING DELIVERS IMMERSION LIKE IMAX

ITS A 100 FOOT WIDE 8 STORY HIGH SCREEN THAT FILLS YOUR VISION FROM A FAR VIEWING DISTANCE GIVING AN UNMATCHED SENSE OF SCALE

OCULUS IS ANOTHER FAGGOT THING, STRAP TWO LITTLE BULLSHIT SCREENS TO YOUR EYEBALLS WOW THE IMMERSION LMAO

UM NO SWEETIE

>I paid 3000 for my tv remote

t. Bang & Olufsen master race

people are absolute garbage. for reasons like these I no longer watch regular release flicks at all. I still attend film festivals because at least those crowds still care about movies and not just about their food, phones and the other vapid shits they sit with.

I have a 4k SUHD from saumsung as well... sad thing is ive never watched anything 4k on it.. waste of $2k if you ask me

>SWEETIE

This meme needs to end.

only problem is build in sound isn't great, gonna need a sound bar

>shilling your crappy movie theater

No bro.

hook it up to a surround receiver with two or three good speakers

it will sound like a fucking IMAX

um, calm down sweetie
no need to be upset

you need at least 5.1 surround you chump

Sweetie, that's not how 4cha works

You have no idea how cheap good quallity audio is these days.

no, not really, since the stereo can simulate the surround effect, especially if you point the speakers the right way

>tfw can only download 1080p kino rips now because otherwise they look shit tier on my 60inch 4k TV

>IMPLYING ANYONE DOES ANNOYING CONDESCENSION BETTER THAN PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE LEFTISTS

THE MEME IS QUITE LITERALLY PERFECT

just buy blu rays dude

>>tfw Dad bought an OLED 4k tv and xbox one s 4k player
ftfy

Are there any good movies on 4k Blu Ray yet though?

No and i wouldnt expect any for the next 5 or so years. 4K is just the new gimmic

>2017
>owning or buying physical media

>xbox one

its the best quality you can get pleb

Not all of us are underage bro.

Its unironicallt cheaper to just by an Xbox One

why? i really dont know

argos.co.uk/product/6845393

4k Blue Ray player is £330 you can get an Xbox One for like £300, and it plays games

if he is only using it for 4k movie playback its ok

oh does the xbobx have a 4k blue ray player in it ?

Yes

yup it will

Good goy. Don't forget to connect it to the internet.

Is this better quality than the iMac 5K retina?

Not really. It's insane how many great films are stuck on dvd still. 4k is the new 8 track tape. It makes no fucking difference desu.

t. Sonyfag

>le Sony vs Nintendo (vs Xbox)
>le Apple vs Windows
>le Star Trek vs Star Wars
>le Marvel vs DC
>le Dreamworks vs Pixar
>le Coke vs Pepsi
>...
Excellent goy. Keep fighting for your team, we need you!

Even if you get the best home system possible and perfect acoustic treatment for your kíno room, I doubt you can put the volume as high as it is intended, unless you live in a completely isolated house with zero neighbours nearby.
And even the best available sound systems can't get close to even 100db's without digitally distorting the file. Also IMAX has speakers even behind the fucking screen which has microscopic holes for the sound to get through, there really is no comparison my dear amigo friend.

t. Sonyfag