So I finally watched Ginger Snaps. Loved the movie, the FX were great.... And yes...

So I finally watched Ginger Snaps. Loved the movie, the FX were great.... And yes, I can now realize why many of you like to say "tfw no Brigitte gf in high school", I can relate. On a side note, I said to myself "Damn this girl looks beautiful, I wonder how she looks now." So I went to Wikipedia and saw she was 40 years old now... 2000 was 17 years ago. Let that sink in.

YOU DIDN'T SAY WASTED YEARS YOU BROKE DA RUUUUUUULLLLLESSSSSS

Why couldn't it be 90s-2008 forever :(

She looks perfect for that role in that movie

Kinda ugly and looks like some monster animal and also looks scared. Was Young on top of all

2007 was when it went to shit, reddit.

There is no God.

What's the 2017 equivalent of Bridgett. We need some new weird cutie

Are there lolis?

I know that feel. I am 18 and I am starting to realize this often.

>Dead Rising was 11 years ago
>2008 was 9 years ago
>Those girls who were four years younger than me and who I thought were innocent are now 14/15
>"Party Rockers" was 6 years ago

I only started noticing things "going to shit" in 2011. But I hear many people saying 2007-2008, what was the trigger?

Addison Timlin

Where can I torrent this episode of Lazy Town?

>tfw no strictly platonic friendship in high school

Wasted years...

When their mom said she was going to run away with them there was something sad about it.
It feels like a combination of fake sadness for the plot reason, because they can't get away with it, and a real sadness that I felt sympathetic for the mom's character because she looked really old and desperate.

It was also the projection of myself when I realized my life has came to a dead end

Sorry to hear that user.

But yeah, you could tell their mom would protect them to the very end. Also I was very impressed by the creature FX and the blood. It didn't look like fake blood most of the time.

Yes the creature looks more expensive than the school

Pam is brilliantly done. I've said it before in another thread, but I absolutely love the way you get just a hint that the sisters aren't such family oddballs after all, and that they might get "it" from their mom.

I thought the werewolf was kind of shitty, but in an endearing way. And, although I love how the film is shot, I can't get my head around the scene towards the end where Brig starts drinking Sam's blood. When Brig and Ginger are standing opposite one another, the werewolf is bathed in light, and Brig is in darkness. Should have been the other way around.

I think it was Brigitte trying one more time to reconnect with her sister and honoring their pact. But in the end she realized she couldn't be that sadistic.

No, I get it on a story level. I didn't explain very well. What I meant was that I don't get the lighting, i.e. why the director chose to show off so much of the werewolf when he says himself that he thought it looked kind of cheap because the budget was shit. In that scene in particular, the lighting just seemed like such a no-brainer, yet he went with the exact opposite of what would have made sense.

Oh okay. Yeah, he probably didn't think about the meaning of lighting while filming. What was your favorite part of the film? I liked the "Ginger slowly turns into a bad girl" montage and the intro credits. The rest of the film was great.

I hadn't read the synopsis and didn't even know it was a werewolf movie, I was pleasantly surprised that a Sup Forums recommendation turned out great

>What was your favorite part of the film?
The title sequence (which is honestly one of the best I've ever seen), the scene where Ginger gets bitten and Brig takes care of her, the scene where Trina slips and everything that follows leading up the burial, the scene with Pam and Brig in the car, the period doctor scene, the ending. I find it hard to pick out individual scenes because I like the film as a whole so much. Any part of it is just as good as the rest.

Glad you enjoyed it, though. It's one of those movies that deserves more recognition than it ever got. Are you going to watch the sequel?

out by sixteen dead on the scene

Together forever.
;_;

I was skeptical about the sequels (it's a werewolf movie with two sequels, mmmm) but I have seen on Wikipedia that both had a fairly good reception so I'll give them a go. Tonight I'm going to watch another horror movie, The Woods (2006), but maybe I'll watch Ginger Snaps 2 tonight as well.

Both are shit DESU

Is there a connection between the sisters like to play death and the becoming a werewolf ?

Brig reminded me of an actor who played psychotic young man in two movies.

Years ago I googled the name and forgot. Shit I might even asked about him in threads like this.

even the 2nd one? 88% on RT

I thought the 2nd one was the worse.

Oh, fair enough. If you watch them, you'll have to drop by one of the autistic threads we keep making and let us know what you think!

Depends how much you want to read into it, I guess. I don't see the werewolf as much more than a puberty metaphor, representing Ginger's regular domineering, aggressive, destructive personality on steroids. And then, viewed through the lens of Brigitte, you can add to it and say she's extinguishing those same inclinations in herself and triumphing over reckless teenage emotion with reason and sanity or whatever, and emerging into her own self unshackled from Ginger's influence and their co-dependence. I don't like to analyze too much, because I think you can make convincing arguments for literally anything, but that's pretty much what I took from it personally.

Rare opinion. What makes you say that?

I will. I made this thread to talk about this movie because I rally liked it.

Ginger Snaps is a very good movie.

>no forearm hair