Book of Eli

>There was a war that some people blamed on the Bible, so afterwards the victors burned every copy
>Every single copy, except for the one this blind guy has
>No really, they destroyed every single copy of the most printed book ever
>Not even a copy left in some old lady's attic or something
Stupid premise

>Bad guy wants to find a copy of the Bible because it has mystical powers
>Finally steals it off the blind guy
>LOL JK, his Bible is written is BRAILLE
>That somehow means that the bad guy could never figure out how to read it
>He couldn't just reverse engineering the letters from the title page ("THE HOLY BIBLE - KING JAMES VERSION") or the first sentence which everyone knows ("In the beginning...") and slowly convert the book into the regular alphabet
Come on

>The blind guy doesn't care that the Bible was stolen from him, since he has memorized THE ENTIRE BIBLE anyway
Impossible.

Do people actually like this poorly written movie?

Fuck off you miserable cunt. Enjoy the story and cease your moany gobshite.

Jesus dude. Chill out.

>Serious implications the bible led to nuclear end
>God didn't stop this
>Makes a guy ijnvincible solely so his word can be replicated again

So God was the bad guy and Eli was the real villain?

can't even enjoy that movie because of the yellow lense shit

God works in mysterious ways

Fucking top lad.

>God let humanity have free will
>bad guy

I assumed it was supposed to take place hundreds/thousands of years after Christianity was a major religion. It would still be practiced by small groups and it would be common knowledge that it was once extremely influential.

don't look too much into it. the premise/plot/writing was b-movie tier. just watch for the cool action scenes

Right at the beginning of the movie, the main character goes to get something electronic recharged, and the shop keeper says "cool, I haven't seen one of these since the 90's!". Although I guess he could be referring to the 2990's.

>only one bible exists
Is that ever stated? Or there could be others but nobody has gone looking for them or found any

>reverse engineer braille
I don't think braille works like that but I could be wrong

Isn't the bad guy already dead anyway? His wounds were infeseted

Eli says the one he has is the only one that's left, and that's why God told him to go on his mission, although Eli could be wrong.

But there was other holy (and regular) books in that library in the end. They couldn't find a copy of the most sold book in the world, let alone amiruca, but was able to put quran or harry potter into that library?

God, that movie made no sense

Yea I meant like an alternate timeline type deal. I was mainly just trying to rationalize the lack of bibles like the OP pointed out.

As said

It was implied the bible led to a nuclear end so of course everything burned the book as a result.

Why didn't the bad guy just learn to read braille? I'm sure it's not that hard.

>This book created a nuclear war, burn it!
>But Torah and Qu'ran is fine I guess.

I guess in the sequel he will get his henchman to scour the countryside for a book on how to read Braille.. but the only copy left in existence is protected by a deaf guy

Can't imagine something worse than letting apeshit primitive humans loose and let them do whatever the fuck they way. We were better off in the Garden.

Probably difficult if you're living in a hobo outback with people who cant read either way. He could always torture his estranged blind wife to translate it to him

Third movie is a remake of See no Evil, Hear no Evil.

Eh.... I dunno, I think it would be pretty doable even for a real dumbass, given all the time in the world.

forgot pic

>L is V
>r is P
Whoever made that was having a wank with the blind folk.

You don't look at the modern left and see exactly that happening?

>I assumed it was supposed to take place hundreds/thousands of years after Christianity was a major religion
I am pretty sure they meant that it's only one generation away and they meant that the war was caused by Christianity

>He couldn't just reverse engineering the letters from the title page
Wow I didn't thought of that

I gues he overrelied on the blind woman just like he overrelied on his man

Why didn't Oldman just make up a new religion? Or just rewrite the Bible as he saw fit and say he found it? He was charismatic and intelligent and surrounded by gullible retards who would believe him.

Exactly. That's exactly the point.

In my head canon this makes sense because the war is an American civil war.

Because he is the anti-Christ. An anti-Christ has to do things by the book.

Why didn't DZW record the Bible in his iPod ?
Why didn't he find a computer and input a text file into his iPod ?
Ok those are troll questions.
Why didn't the publisher guy record DZW with more reliable stuff? He had all kinds of relic equipments on his island.
The least he can do is to get at least three scribes on the job so they can compare notes with each other.

Really makes you think what was actually printed in the end

I'm watching this again after catching a bit on cable tv while eating the other day. Cable tv on most channels is like 480p or something, the stingy bastards. So i got a good copy. i'll leave this thread open, cool.

>put hamster in the box
>you can do anything in this box dude

Who cares, it's a movie for plebs.
But it's one of the best post apo visual out there.