Who would you cast as Judge Holden?

Who would you cast as Judge Holden?

Jesse Eisenberg.

Outside the box, bitches!

Vincent D'Onofrio, so he can ruin it with his bad acting.

brando, if he was still alive

Idris Elba, unironically

The bald boss in Twin Peaks return

THIS.

His name is Derek Mears, and he'd be a great choice.

He's a shitty actor and doesn't have the right voice.

You can't film prose which most the beauty of Blood Meridian is.

The Road proved that McCarthy is not adaptable.

pretty good choice.

This dude, filmed by the Coen brothers. Enough said

someone who was already bald, obviously.

A colourful animated version would be better

Should be a mini series

Everyone should speak without pauses or commas as McCarthy intended the air was drier than his mothers pussy and twice as rank the horse came in and asked for a drink and I said why the long face he just looked at me and said do you like childrens books and I said sure and he said here's one for you made a horse noise and left leaving behind a giant steaming pile of greenish shit and only after he was gone did I realize it was whinny the poo

Ralph fiennes

>no country for old men

Anyway id maybe pick Locke from lost

Holden is more than a big hairless guy. He'd need an incredible amount of screen presence to be done right, which I think very few living actors could do justice to.

Maybe Marlon Brando.

So, having read the book recently, can someone help me grasp what Holden is?

Is he literally an avatar of God/War?

He's a shit actor and the Judge was supposed to be insanely charming, not a creep.

How many times do we have to go over this? Judge Holden is near impossible to cast. Everyone is simply suggesting a bald white dude to play him when the Judge is supposed to look unworldly as fuck. Not only that but he's supposed to be charismatic and incredibly enigmatic. To truly cast the Judge you'll need to have the actor wear heavy makeup and prosthetics. The judge is supposed to look like a giant man-baby. The only person i can think that is even remotley close to playing Judge is Glenn Fleshler (The guy who played the final boss in True Detective)

With that being said I think the kid should be played by pic related.

James Franco already ruined the idea of a Blood Meridian move.

Just be glad the book doesn't have a mediocre adaption

Illustrations would be cool, kind of that picture

Johnny Depp

Seriously this, we should be thankful there is no movie. They would fuck it up to high hell. Doesn't matter who directs it, the book is simply too insane to be adapted into a visual medium, especially with today's social climate.

The book feels like you're reading a nightmare. To make it corporeal would make it lose part of what makes it so great.