Its never coming back is it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oP1WPllJ0Lk
youtu.be/OhfosDczTx4
youtube.com/watch?v=BFkqqM0VpiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>TFW no more impeccably dressed Mads Mikkelsen

The stag is dead. Bury it.

thank fuck, Season 3 disappeared up its own asshole.

Rights have been freed again as of this month. Fuller has addressed this several times. The whole crew is currently getting back together and in talks about new home for the show. He claims it'll take a couple of years to get this all sorted, then another year for script and another for filming.
Everybody is still up for it, fans are hype. Chances are good, but patience will be needed.

The second half of Season 3 is a wild ride. Even with the dip in quality because of cancellation it was still miles better than 99% of stuff on TV at any given time.

RIP in peace

THIS. It's as if the season was written by tumblr.

There is still hope

>Season 1 = 10/10
>Season 2 = 8/10
>Season 3 = 3/10

so Season 4 would have been a 1/10 total shitfest, some shows just need to end OP.

Season 4 wouldn't be cancelled halfway through causing everyone to scramble to the hastily planned ending in half the time.

The finale episode of Season 2 was one of the best episodes in all of television, I know they are capable of it.

Would you eat at Hannibal's house?

I don't understand where this season 3 hate comes from. It's different, just like season 2 was different from the first. They did experiment a lot, pushed some boundaries and went outside of conventional TV templates. It takes a bit of paying attention and even re-watches, but season 3 has some of the most sublime character development, story telling as well as visuals.
Sure they had to sacrifice some of the buildup because of cancellation and still managed to tie it up neatly.

think i dropped this shit half way through season 3

someone got lost up their own arse whilst directing/writing this

You should have stuck with it, the second half of S3 is where it gets coherent.

Season 3 was pure artkino and if you disagreed you're a vile plebeian

Probably for the best. While S3 had its moments, Fuller took it a bit far and when trying to go full kino, also fucked up a lot of previous subtlety that was best left alone.

it's kino

But I want more Mads Mikkelsen

I'll only accept a Season 4 if the opening shot is of Graham waking up and realizing that the events of Season 3 were just a bad dream.

Can't say I'm much of a meat lover, so I might give it a polite try, but wouldn't eat until full.
Also, humans have some of the most tainted meat out there next to maybe the worst cases of cattle farming where they live in 6 square ft of their own shit and are fed antibiotics 3 times a day.

>but wouldn't eat until full.
That is borderline rude user...

It was too arty for the normies to follow.

Well, then I'm just gonna join the other meat on the table. At least I won't go to waste if there's some overindulgent gala to cater to.

Hannibal likes it when his meat is tainted with fear

If they ever bring it back and do the SOTL arc the only way I see Clarice working is if they gender swap her.

test

I could see that working and would actually like to watch it but there's no way they'd go about it that way.

Why?

its pretty shit since they changed a couple characters from male to female and it's a lot of pressure to find someone who could live up to fosters performance.

>tfw no lee pace clarice

Well Fuller made Hannibal and Graham gay, so why wouldn't he gender flip Clarice and make her gay man?

maybe shes too iconic of a character for nbc to allow it,fuller said he wanted to do something different like cast a black woman which sounds kinda shit but we'll see.

He didn't make them gay, tumblr did. Hannibal and Will are just two very similar but different men who find each other fascinating. I'm not opposed to actual gay subtext and characters in shows but not everything has to be a gay thing. Some people are just drawn to one another with no sexual tones involved.

lmao

Show me explicit proof of either of them being gay.

It's pretty clear that Fuller was paying fanservice to the Tumblrinas with Season 3. Their relationship in S3 felt completely different to what it was like in S1 & 2.

weren't they gay together in the book?

I thought Hannibal was at least bi in the books,maybe i'm misremembering .

>tfw pumpkin Will guy isn't posting anymore

Honestly does it matter if she is a black woman? It's just a character. Fuller is pretty good at casting non-white characters and not having their entire character revolve around their ethnicity/skin color just like Beverly. She was a fleshed out character who just happened to be Asian.

probably not
shame, Mads is such a fantastic actor

He really needs to be in more stuff. He is absolutely magnetic as Hannibal, even after seeing him leave Jack, Alana, Will and Abigail in an almost literal river of blood I still kind of wanted him to come out on top because of how charming he is.

Easily in my top five season finales of all time.
Those last ten minutes, man.

It's more of a chemistry thing to me not racial.
Even if Clarice was cast as a white woman I don't see Her and Hannibal's chemistry being on par with Will and Hannibal's,in my head it only works with Clarice being male.

It could have worked if Gillian was younger and played her but since that's not possible I don't really see it working with any other woman but Fuller always surprises me so hopefully we'll see with in the next two year's if were lucky.

I knew it was coming and it still fucked me up.

>tfw you will never create a human carcass visual masterpeice
>tfw hannibal will never tell you he 'loves your work'
>tfw your social worker will never be inside a horse
>tfw hannibal will never seduce you to the dinner table and feed you your own body parts
>tfw hannibal will never gaze lovingly into your eyes and hold you close as he guts you with a knife and leaves you for dead

Awesome.

>TFW Hannibal will never cut off your arm and keep you in a state of hypnosis then hide you in a hole in the ground

no i'm way too interested in them exploring a younger, more naive than will but brave female character with hannibal. i'd love to see that develop. but i'd also like will and hannibal to remain important to each other.

>that fuckiong reveal scene when we see will draw that clock for the first time

this show has some great gut punch moments

have any actress in mind?

Poor Chilton got well and truly cucked in the most total way possible by Hannibal. It was a masterpiece.

Are there any other shows with comparable food kino?

to be honest no. i really liked anna chlumsky as miriam lass like a lot of people did, i thought she would've made a good clarice.

i have a lot of faith in his casting he has a real eye for it. i hope it's a relative unknown to be honest. somebody who can make the character her own like jodie foster did.

youtube.com/watch?v=oP1WPllJ0Lk

oh please

It was different because their relationship changed, as such things tend to do when intentions are revealed, realizations made etc.
Mads said in some interviews that for Hannibal it was like love at first sight. Of course is doesn't need to be explicitly sexual. But considering that Hannibal had been such a meticulous, untouchable hunter and artist for so long and then just started making one mistake after another because he couldn't stay rational when it came to Will. That shit goes beyond simple intrigue.
Let alone dialogues which I don't feel like quoting/looking up since that won't change your view either.

Hannibal Mikkelsen could tell me the sky is green and my body is made of crackers and I'd still believe it.

I could see it lookswise but her acting with someone like Mads? It'd be kinda jarring.

Dude Pace was supposed yo play Buffalo Bill. Can you imagine?

Everyone on this show would eat her up and spit her out whenever it came to trying to act opposite them. Even that annoying forensic man.

i don't agree
season 3 was way better than 2

Ugh,that would've been fantastic.
Hopefully he'll be able to be apart of hannibal in some form or another.

I don't know the details about the rights but at last dragon con he mentioned that if they did manage to acquire rights for Clarice as such, then they wouldn't be able to use Graham anymore. They did some weird poll thing on twitter at the time too, what the fans would prefer and the vast majority chose rather to keep Will and Hannibal dynamic instead or do some kind of mashup as far as copyright allows. He also mentioned he wouldn't want to continue the show without Will and Hannibal. Maybe things have changed since? But yeah. There are some wild scenarios being thrown around. We'll have to wait to find out if things go well. And I hope they do since I don't see anything even remotely on this level on the horizon.

they gave us a beautiful gift
but we did not want it

There are no comparable shows period.

Whoa whoa. Are they continuing the series?

>if they did manage to acquire rights for Clarice as such, then they wouldn't be able to use Graham anymore.

Fucking studios man,always ruining artisitc visions and shit.

If you're in for the long haul.

Even if they by some miracle actually continued the series, I'd be fine with Will's part being done.

Eh,if they were to do clarice i'd want to see her and will interact at least once.

Jesus.
I wonder when filming starts for american gods S2

>4-5 years

Fuck I hope I don't die before then

the one scene i really didn't like

he should have cut jack's head open instead. although will did try to kill him not long before so..

I'm not usually big on parallel universe fuckery, but in this case it would serve as a nice reset while still offering a continuation. Maybe some memory loss for one of them. Maybe only Will remembering all the shit that went down just as he's come to accept/like himself and Hannibal so now he'd have to chase and manipulate him with the knowledge he has. Clarice could work well in that context as well being on this universe's Chesapeake Ripper cases.

I don't know if I'd enjoy the show as much without the Will/Hannibal mindfuckery. The person playing Clarice would really have knock it out of the park to stand a chance.

Hannibal was still under the misconception that he had to consume Will to be able to forgive him completely.
He doesn't have that sort of thing with Jack and it wouldn't have satisfied him (also, he'd probably gone through with it and not dragged it out while waiting for divine intervention to interfere)

Oh God please post more, and to answer your question, no I don't think so much to my sadness.

>MFW Hannibal served Gideon's own fucking legs to him and still made it look like a delicious 5-star meal

desu all of the cannibalism scenes made me hungry af because it looked so good

*drools*

This show got me to eat better. Not kidding.

Raul Esparza was great in that role. I wish he was in more movies/tv shows.

Much like activating his almonds, he never forgets to press his lungs.

That'd be awesome. Halt and Catch Fire did just wrap production...

>He doesn't have that sort of thing with Jack and it wouldn't have satisfied him
good point

Hmmm,that could work and i'd enjoy that.

If they didn't do this and renewed the show i wonder how many seasons they'd even be able to squeeze out of the SOTL arc

That's what I'm afraid of too. 3 years is attainable and predictable to some extent. But 5? All kinds of bad things can happen, including it being off the table again. And then all the waiting and anticipation was for nothing.

They should do a cooking show spinoff with that camera work.

i get that. cannibalism aside hannibal really cares about food and treats his body well. he makes an experience out of creating a meal. it made me look at my own eating habits to be honest.

>these beautiful food preparing gifs

but where are the minute long webms?

youtu.be/OhfosDczTx4 try not to orgasm

>try not to orgasm
>5:25 long
i promise nothing

Did that for me as well. Before watching it I mostly just saw it as necessity to get over with. Hannibal really got me to appreciate it and enjoy trying new things.
Fucking wild that a show about a cannibal with god complex stirred this change in us.

i bet it's not that uncommon, the scenes are so beautifully put together. foodies would love this show (out of context).

youtube.com/watch?v=BFkqqM0VpiY

>Bedelia looks terrified
>Meanwhile Hannibal is amused as fuck

Hope her and mads get to work together again.