If republicans are mostly christian why don't they want to help poor people?

If republicans are mostly christian why don't they want to help poor people?

Attached: question.jpg (1533x961, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/drvox/status/972924474658967552
youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ask Sup Forums

they can do that through charity work rather than forcing people to pay the government more money

They're not real Christians.

they'll just call me a jew or a shill

i always believed being a religious conservative and being an environmental conversationalist should go hand in hand.

but i find that in the US, 90% of the time the exact opposite is true

my logic is that if you profess to be a devote christian, you probably believe that every living creature is god's handiwork. don't you think you have a responsibility to god or at least to future generations not to wipe out his creations just for short term profits of energy companies etc?

and yet the same people who most loudly claim be Christians usually immediately denounce climate change as a hoax and consistently vote for politicians that seek to scrap laws protecting the environment (god's creation) every chance they get.

Attached: 31413.jpg (500x541, 225K)

We'd rather teach you how to care for yourself, if at all possible, rather than be forced to give you that which we have earned for ourselves and our families.
Also, means testing ensures that those who genuinely need can get, rather than those who simply want.
I'm sure you understand.
Light a man a fire and keep him warn for a day.
Set a man afire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

this tweetstorm is the most succinct explanation of modern Republican "thought"
mobile.twitter.com/drvox/status/972924474658967552

>inb4 triggered Republicans offended by someone "telling it like it is"

Protestants != Christians, tbqh

This has been going on way before Trump. Conservatives have been braindead retards for a very long time.

This

just like the bible says, you need to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and accepting any assistance is a sign of weakness, and giving out handouts just enables that weakness

Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.

Deuteronomy 15:11
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Luke 14:13
But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,

Proverbs 14:31
Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 28:27
Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.

Oh wait....

Protestants my man. I don't get it either but it's just one of those weird as fuck quirks about them. Still, at least they don't have those Jesus camps anymore so one step at a time I suppose.

No, it's just that conservatism is the party of main street businesses and as such it preach anti-environmentalism because environmentalism costs them money.

Same thing with poor people.

Burger preachers are really something. youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

Protestants worship money, not God. The corporate is what you praise, not Jesus. And how do you show your devotion? Consume and obey

If Sup Forums has a politics board why are you posting this on Sup Forums?

there needs to be a Memri TV for shit like this

Attached: mfw.jpg (204x200, 7K)

Have you seen those mega churches those guys have? They're bigger than my goddamn shopping mall here. It's crazy how much in assets they own.

it's just called politics for show, in reality it's an alt right containment board. Sup Forums and /his/ have political discussion all the time.

But I am neither Christian nor conservative. I am independent, and my family, friends, and like-minded community are all doing quite well.
As you have pointed out, there will always be the sick, the lame, and the lazy. This is a fact of life. Most grow out of it, or die young. But those who try to gain power over mush-minds with someone else's words are the real reason for the troubles. They are cowards who hide behind lofty ideals, and it is in their best interests to try to spread disunity and suspicion among those who dare to do. Lead by example, instead. Isn't that what Jesus said?

Why do Muslims and Christians hate each other they basically have the same morals when they're at the same level of fundamentalism

Attached: 20637916_1042473955889713_5978221385948347959_n.jpg (259x365, 12K)