/tpg/ - Twin Peaks general

Peak Americana Edition

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/
youtube.com/watch?v=QkXMnOLrN4M
youtube.com/watch?v=2-bbYH_akHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Blueballs: the tv show.

utter shit.

haha

oh man what a shame

season 4 is go

Through the darkness of FUTURE PAST

THE MAGICIAN longs to see

One chants out BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

FIRE WALK WITH ME

THIS WAS THE WORST PART OF TWIN PEAKS EVER

THE BULLETS SHOULD FIRE WHEN PUT INTO HOT OIL

I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY

No, it was shit. Fuck you cunt.

What was the credit music?

you really fucked up your own post by saying S1&2 were better
no memes for u

So what's the best way to sort legitimate criticism about The Return vs complaints from plebs who probably didn't like Fire Walk With Me and were expecting a rehash of season 1 Twin Peaks.

The shit has come out of my ass

If they use the word 'filler', they're scum.
Only appropriate criticism of S3 is too much exposition from Albert and Gordon re: Blue Rose

Look at how many generators that had in that joint. They had enough to power a deathstar.

>Why does tpg think Sarah is Judy
>Is the Experiment Judy
>Why does Sarah smash Laura's picture
>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
>Why did Diane's pussy send Cooper to another timeline
>What year is it
>What did (Carrie Paige) scream at
>Was that leland's voice yelling "LAURA"
>What how haba who fuck

alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/

BTFO

>tells the fry cook to move away as he doesn't know if the oil is hot enough to set off the bullets
>doesn't move away himself
What did he mean by this?

Why do people think the old timeline's been erased? If it got destroyed by Coop saving Laura in the past, why would he have to drive to the 430 point to access the new timeline?

If anything it just seems like Coop's in a slightly less comfy realm of his own creation

you just know

Reminder that the whole point of creating a new world is to deal with the issue of actors dying and shit. Now they don't need to address why Albert isn't in season 4.

OH ANGELO

See you in 25 years.

This ending was awesome

You cannot escape the terror that is Judy

can we talk about jowday now

What about the final Bob climax being a fucking joke, and most of the new plot in the town of Twin Peaks being pointless?

Pool's closed bitch.

That Sonny Jim Jones kid as Special Agent Dale Cooper.

But the point of a new season would be Richard Coop trying to get back to the original timeline so I think you're wrong

>people saying Coop got a sad ending when he gets to pork this plump milf every night in his new universe

THERE WON'T BE A SEASON 4

NO ONE IS GONNA PAY FOR IT

ARRRRRRRGH I HATE IT

I CANT TAKE IT

WHY DIDNT HE JUST END IT AFTER THE SHERRIFS STATION

WHY BRING TIME TRAVELS ALTERNATE UNIVERSES INTO THIS

ALL TO SEE SHERYL LEE AGAIN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCKING KEK BETA LYNCH IT SHOULD'VE STOPPED BEING ABOUT LAURA PALMER YEARS AGO

THIS IS WORSE THAN PERMA DOUGIE

FUCK IT ALL TWIN PEAKS CAN GO TO HELL I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE

To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for (or was trying to go for). I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. They're the crude oil running through the veins of our inner sanctum. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator, and, most importantly, a human. What his eyes saw and what he tried to reflect. Through the works so brilliantly parodied by him that go beyond a subconscious mind.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.

>he's trapped forever in another world completely alone, knowing that he failed Laura and the rest of the world, and is probably slowly losing his identity and will forever cease to be Cooper
>all because he wanted to do the right thing and save an innocent girl's life
Thoughts? Let it all out, it's cathartic to the healing process.

Did you guys notice when Albert tells Cole that he's gone "soft" in his old age, after Cole retorts "not where it counts," Tammy gives him the look? Does this confirm that Lynch has dicked Chrysta Bell? Please she is my new waifu I hoped she was pure.

>>Why does tpg think Sarah is Judy
She is. Remember the bar scene?
>>Is the Experiment Judy
No.
>>Why does Sarah smash Laura's picture
She was furious that Laura had escaped her death.
>>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
That was a vision of Linda, Diane's persona in that reality.
>>Why did Diane's pussy send Cooper to another timeline
It didn't. They both ended up in the new reality but Diane was overwritten by Linda and forgot her Diane memories.
>>What year is it
2017. Cooper had an iWatch and drove a late model car.
>>What did (Carrie Paige) scream at
She suddenly remembered some of Luara's memories from the other reality.
>>Was that leland's voice yelling "LAURA"
I think it was Leland, but most people say it was Sarah.

HAHAHAHAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=QkXMnOLrN4M

So when does this scene take place and what is he trying to tell Cooper? I'm so confused.

>Was that leland's voice yelling "LAURA"

I totalyl missed the "Laura" yell when I watched the episode on TV, rewatching with headphones on the computer it def sounds like Sarah's voice though.

At the right temperature it takes about 5 minutes to set off bullets in a deep fryer.

Source: Hipster and a Walrus.

WE WILL FUND IT THROUGH KICKSTARTER IF WE HAVE TO

YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF /TPG/

>Why do people think the old timeline's been erased?
Because Laura isn't Laura, and Twin Peaks is completely different.
>If it got destroyed by Coop saving Laura in the past
At no point does Coop save Laura. Well maybe indirectly when he's walking her through the woods, but that's not when he destroys the current world. That happens the moment he time travels. Also, time isn't linear in the lodge. So if Coop really did go back in time (we don't know) he didn't do so linearly.

>She is. Remember the bar scene?
Yeah, I remember that in the bar scene you can see the jumping mans nose come from her 'behind' her face.

Making a fourth season would completely undermine the emotional impact of S3's finale. I'm fucking crushed by Cooper's fate but goddamn if it isn't a great ending.

>what is he trying to tell Cooper?
He's either telling Cooper to go to the alternate dimension, or warning him about it. I haven't decided which.

If a hypothetical season 4 has a happy, restored ending it'll be brief so they don't have to get everyone.

also freddie was frost's pathetic OPM reference

the whole season is a battle of lynch and frost's anime tastes, the cerebral vs typical shounen

Showtime just made over a hundred million off the Mayweather/McGregor fight, they've got some extra money to throw around.

enough power to ... create a nuclear blast?

The best part is, if Season 4 happens, it will probably be a lot about Coop suffering from what you described.

Is Evangelion worth watching? Always see people compare it to Twin Peaks here. Is End of Evangelion on a whole different level compared to the main series?

I think this is taking place as Bad Cooper is inside the cage in the White Lodge. The giant is giving Cooper instructions (430 miles, Richard and Linda, sounds which mean that the Fireman/Giant is the one who took away Laura in the forest). Cooper got here right after the Iron Fist fight in the Sheriff's station, after he yells "GORDON!"

Why was Jerry Horne even included throughout the series?

What happened to Audrey?

What year was it?

Okay, so who/what is the Experiment? Mother? Judy? Sorry buddy I'm a brainlet.

This tbqh. I just wanted a reasonably satisfying ending. Didn't need all of the questions answered, but don't end it on a fucking cliffhanger after bringing it back decades later.

jesus christ

That pasta has evolved pretty good. On point. Could use some improvements by a native speaker.

>If it isn't the great good-cop Andy, come to save the day

>Is the Experiment Judy
>No.
Imagine being this dumb.

FWWM at least had closure for Coop and Laura. They had each other for comfort. This is just a complete kick in the balls to them and everyone who loved them, so I can see why people would want a happier ending.

Like shit, Laura was raped for years by her demonically possessed father and self destructed before being murdered by him and trapped in a hell dimension. Hasn't she suffered enough? Hasn't Cooper?

Because she was created to stop Jow-Deuh.

There obviously will be a season 4. There's no doubt in my mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=2-bbYH_akHg

For anyone who wants to see a season 4, what are you hoping to see exactly? Everything that could have been shown was shown.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting the OPM self-insert

The Woody Wood Peckers say he still hasn't suffered enough.

Laura was created after the Fireman and the Opera lady witnessed her create BOB, so there's a good chance Laura could be a threat.

We don't know the full extent of Judy's power, Laura may have some dangerous White Lodge mojo we don't know about, or just be "the chosen one"

>Laura being horrified by Sarah's voice

GUYS, what if Judy was torturing Laura all those years while possessing Sarah? We assumed it was just Bob in that house. Maybe both of her parents were possessed and the audience is just never privy to it. If Laura is the one thing that can defeat Judy, maybe Bob and Judy conspired to possess both of her parents at a young age.

ELECTRICITY

Judy... Judy... Jud... Jude.... hmmmmmmmmmm, Jude in German means...

Coop and Briggs entire plan was to confront and stop Jow-Deuh. She's been an incredibly powerful force for evil on earth for eons. That's what happens in season 4.

>Judy
>(((judy)))
>(((judaism))

THE BOYS!

Yes, but you should watch the series first, else you won't understand shit in EoE.

Wait, so Laura is the creation of BOB and Judy? If this is the case why would they want to destroy her?

>Twin Peaks goes from a focused story about a detective investigating the supernatural murder of an abused young woman to a story about the chosen one who is destined to defeat an eldritch horror
Great writing

What was Booper's endgame? WHy did he even need the coordinates? Just to show up up in TP and get killed immediately?

>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
I took it as a vision of her tulpa/her trauma, which is why she had to cover Coop's face during sex and seemed in pain, she couldn't get over her trauma after all.

because you really shouldn't expect happy conventional endings with Lynch

I don't think so, we specifically saw the giant with the laura palmer dragonball

>Julee Cruise and Michael J. Anderson BTFO they weren't invited after clearly losing it even when the original show was airing

What happened to Chet Desmond?

I interpreted Judy as an ancient spirit possibly older than human civilisation itself.

trapped in the lodge forever

Laura was created by the Fireman and Senorita Dido (the fat lady in the purple fortress) to fight BOB after they say Jow-Deuh create BOB and send him to earth in an egg after the Trinity test.

Who fucking cares? I can't believe you guys like him so much.

This t/b/h Not liking this part of where things are heading so much. Like Cooper when he's just a guy doing stuff and not part of some large supernatural master plan to save reality.

Really makes you ponder....

I'm pretty sure the implication is that he was being set up by Major Briggs to be killed. He thought Briggs' coordinates would lead him to Judy, instead they only led him to britbong fist.

except for the whole fact that cole already said it was from some ancient term 'jiao dai,' which conveniently means 交代 "explain" in Chinese

but continue being retarded I guess

I'm hoping to see how far Lynch apologists are willing to go. The season 4 finale could be Laura Dern reading Mark Frost's tweets while she's on the toilet and they'd still praise it.

I suppose so, from what we know Sarah and Leland Palmer were both possessed at a young age by BOB and Judy. It almost has a fatalist theme to it, it was fate that Sarah and Leland would meet and have a child (Laura) that the Giant had planned. But BOB and Judy wanted her dead for some reason.

Trapped in one of those hotel rooms in that black lodge hell dimension.

There are like 50 different characters you can ask that about

I thought he was looking for Judy.

within a month's time one of the following will happen:

>Frost does a series of tweets explaining the ending

or

>a "We left some things unresolved and hanging for a reason.. stay tuned.." type statement from Frost

>evil as fuck super villain with super strength and adamantium plot armor
>killed by an actually retard

They blew it. Wonderful setup from episode 16 but they fucking blew it.

Leo is still hanging in there right?