Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

So is there some built in loophole with that whole "they were never really mutants" nonsense? It seems like there has to be, considering how it contradicts 50 years worth of comics.

Besides, we know that it won't last regardless because Marvel eventually always realise that changing things to reflect the movies doesn't do crap to the sales. Remember when Spider-Man got organic webs, when Jarvis was an AI, when the X-Men ran around in leather jackets, etc?

Wanda was so hot in that show. Hell, all the girls were really. I should rewatch that soon.

Do they fuck?

Magneto being their parent is shitty retcon in the first place, anyway. I was never fan of that, he kept dragging them down. They'd be A-listers easily if he wasn't there with his mutant stigma.

In the show no. Magneto had her put away in an asylum, Quicksilver was always scared of her. She is kinda like Azula. Eventually Magneto get a mutant to rewrite her mind with positive memories.

yea they were much better off being the Whizzer's kids...

Originally they were not mutants but were in the 1970s retconned as being Magneto's children and thus mutants. That's how both Marvel and Fox can use them in movies.

Isn't Jarvis still an AI and a normal person? I thought I saw an issue recently where there was an AI and they said "it's not the same as Jarvis"

I don't know if Marvel thought there was a loophole but there clearly isn't. You notice Wanda is still not part of most of the merchandising and was replaced by Agent 13 on a lot of Civil War promo art.

They're also practically the only MCU heroes who haven't been included in the shitty tie-in cartoon Avengers Assemble.

So the unofficial ban on promoting characters with a Fox connection wasn't changed by that retcon. I think it was mostly out of spite.

They were always mutants. They were the non-evil members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Only being Magneto's children was a retcon (but a better retcon than being the Whizzer's children).

Jarvis in the movie is named after a person too

Yeah the early promo material. The later promo material, after Feige took over, included Wanda in place of Sharon.

>I don't know if Marvel thought there was a loophole but there clearly isn't

They didn't, Joss did. He was the one who pushed for the Maximoffs to be in the MCU. And there is a loophole. Otherwise Whedon wouldn't have got his hands on them to be in the movies at all.

>You notice Wanda is still not part of most of the merchandising and was replaced by Agent 13 on a lot of Civil War promo art.

I think that's just more Marvel wanting to play it safe. They were never really interested to have Wanda in the MCU at all if it weren't for Whedon.

>
Comics was why. Russos and the writers of CW are Wandafags. So expect more of her.

Their status as Magneto's children is now officially revoked and replaced with "artificially mutated biological children of the Maximoffs". But since Remender left abruptly, there are still inconsistencies left and Vision says there's a "hidden truth about the twins" that would crush Wanda. So we're pretty sure they're not Magneto's but you could still retcon basically anything in their origin at this point

>Russos and the writers of CW are Wandafags.
I know.

>So expect more of her.
I am.

Okay, so the Maximoffs aren't Magneto's kids... does the retcon that Polaris is his kid still stand?

Did anybody bothered to inform Lorna?

James Robinson's Scarlet Witch comic has retconned it again so the Maximoffs were their aunt and uncle and their real mom was a witch who held the title of Scarlet Witch before Wanda.

I'm with Quicksilver on this one, there have been so many retcons it's impossible to care who their parents are any more.

They should make it so they're the children of all their supposed parents

Didn't they specifically say in the Winter Soldier post-credits scene that the Maximoffs were the only ones to survive Hydra's experiments with Loki's staff? I'm sure that if Disney and Fox ever learn to play nice, we'll get some kind of reveal that they survived because of latent X-genes or something.

We don't know the exact details on why fox and disney can use both. We can only speculate how shared rights work. They first appeared in x-men comics. They had multiple appearances in the 60's as evil mutants. While they both became Avengers, Scarlet Witch really stuck with it, while Quicksilver returned to X-men teams.

Magneto being their father as a retcon doesnt matter. When the film rights went to fox in the 90's that was a solid part of the x-men lore at that point. Its not like they got the rights because via a "loophole" of a "mistake" they made. The twins appeared in more x-men comics than Striker ever did.

>Did anybody bothered to inform Lorna?

Marvel: Who?

They'll never remember Magneto's other less popular child.

She's just a bland female Magneto. Unlike female Wolverine can carry solos without heavily relying on her genetic father cause she's an interesting character by herself.

obviously the loophole is Wanda's magic warps reality to suit her whims, she doesn't want Magneto as her father Bam! Magneto isn't her father and then it's about finding an excuse to undo her spell

This, she was brain twisty when she cast that spell so she made it so the spell didn't effect her father by not wanting to be related to him.

People are always scared of what they don't understand.