Was Frasier rich?

Was Frasier rich?

In the show I mean.

>designer furniture
>3500 square foot downtown penthouse with flawless view
>10 foot steinway grand piano
>local radio celebrity

He probably made 250K-500k a year or thereabouts. Got a 1-3 million dollar apartment on mortgage and has been doing his current gig for 5-10 years. His place is really nice, but it's not brand-new.

>massive apartment with view
>expensive furniture and art
>drinks expensive wines and eats at fine restaurants every day
>has live in help
>is a member of social clubs
>is involved in shit like the opera
>has degrees from the two best universities in the world and had a private psychiatry practice for years before become local celebrity on radio show
>goes on nice vacations

yeah pretty safe to say dude has a net worth in the millions

property values weren't as retarded in the 80s/90s. That condo could've gone for around 750k then. Now it'd go for at least 20 million.

He was totally slumming it for the previous Cheers years, probly saving up for his new life. His ex wife was also pretty fucking successful and they both worked, no kids. No divorce settlement ruining his life.

he has a son and did mention there was divorce settlement in an episode

I... honestly don't remember his son. That's pretty fucking impressive then.

His son was in like 5 or 6 episodes

Brah that condo wouldn't have been 1-3mil in the mid 90s. Much less.

His mother was from a wealthier family.

Between that and his professional career he was decidedly upper middle class. Plus it was stupid easy to borrow money in the 90s.

>20mil

Not even in Manhattan or San Fran.

more like 1.5-2.5 in Seattle now.

I've always thought of him as a modest millionaire.

This is more accurate. My girlfriend bought a condo on Capitol Hill for $750k in 2000. She sold it a few years ago for 1.75 million. That's still a huge increase.

>whole shtick about his father is that he's everyday working man who just likes beer and sports
>constantly espouses liberal and progressive views

tv writers just can't help themselves

Flaw in the show.

Family didn't have money.

Show begins when Fraiser is about 40.

Wouldn't have graduated from med school until late 20s.

Even if we pretend he didn't have student loans (which is absurd), he earned that much money starting from scratch in private practice in10 years?

That includes 2 divorces.

Far fetched.

Was Roz a slut?

A complete slut. And a bad person. I feel sorry for Alice.

Frasier isn't a dumb guy, he ended both those marriages amicabaly and without alimony.

How do we know that? And what does being dumb/smart have to do with a divorce settlement?

Plus a pretty hefty monthly child support check. It doesn't really add up.

>he has a radio talk show

also without kids or wife

>this is what the average poorfag starter apartment looked like in the 90s

i fucking hate boomers so much

Nah. That apartment was supposed to be her grandmother's rent controlled apartment they where living in illegally.

he owned a waiter so I think he was

That was Generation X, not boomers.

his wife was also a psychologist earning a lot of money, alimony isn't automatic it's to balance out difference in financial position after a divorce, if they're both still 1%ers/doctors after the divorce there is no alimony

yea but boomers are the ones who fucked the market in the first place

You're just brainwashed into thinking you can't be both. I know plenty of people like that.

there's a hole episode where his dad supports a right wide candidate almost like a 90s version of current Trump

Did he ever find out what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

how old are you dude ? no offence just wondering

I would scramble HIS eggs, if you gather my metaphysical meaning

>you are now aware that Frasier's daughter in real life is Spencer Grammar aka Summer Smith (rick & morty)

Yet Marty is against private citizens owning guns.

And let's be real, the entire charchter of Roz was social engineering.

>Marty is against private citizens owning guns.
he's in Seattle even conservatives there are pretty liberal compared to elsewhere in the country same with places like SF/LA

Please. They were planting seeds for all the shit we're going through now.

Roz is like a proto 3rd wave feminist.

>And let's be real, the entire charchter of Roz was social engineering.
She was a funny character. Most people don't get triggered by fictional women having a lot of partners, user.

everyone made fun of the fact they lived in such a nice place

Please. She was an unrepentant whore who decided to have a kid with an 18 year old and raise it by herself because she was so stronk and independent. It's pretty ridiculous.

I love Fraiser, but let's call a spade a spade.

That chair in the background is fucking expensive

>Family didn't have money

They mentioned in the show that his mother was from a wealthy family and was always taking the boys to the Opera and fancy restaurants. They probably had trust funds set up by her family to pay for their education.

He's like a local version of Dr Phil so I imagine he was making good money.

How did Joey and Chandler afford their place?

No, they showed the house they grew up in. And at one point Martin mentioned he worked OT to pay for college. Which is absurd because all the cop OT in the world isn't paying for Harvard and Yale. But whatevs.

I'm not really a fan of the show, but Chandler had a professional job didn't he?

gay hustling

if you're anti gun you're a cuck. the foundation of the bill of rights is protected by the right to bear arms. if you don't believe in that you may as well just sit on a dildo because you've given up everything

those schools are very generous with financial aid, it's pretty rare for anyone to not be able to attend due to financial need

>named for her dad's sister who was raped and murdered
Kelsey's had a hard life.

So add on big student loans to :

Compared to actual rich people? No

Compared to the average person? Yes

financial aid =/= student loans

I'm talking about straight up grants, Harvard's endowment is $38 billion they can pay for fucking anyone, Stanford doesn't even charge tuition if your family's income is less than 100k or maybe 150k

And med school?

Chandler had a decent job. He had his own office in downtown New York, for fuck sakes. And he let Joey live with him for almost no rent because he's a good person.

Wasn't their mom an esteemed psychiatrist/researcher? Should have made decent money.

same deal man, also college was a lot cheaper back in the 70s/80s when he went to school

>property values weren't as retarded in the 80s/90s.
You've got a short memory. Agreed the user at didn't do a good job accounting for inflation, but a place like that would have cost PLENTY during Frasier's run. He's not some godlike Old Money or Fortune 500 CEO wealthy, but he's certainly in the top 1%... which is rich by any sane definition of the term.

>He was totally slumming it for the previous Cheers years
I'd always assumed he was just a working shrink during Cheers, and made it big later because of his show / book. Nothing on Cheers suggests he was especially wealthy for a white collar.

>tv writers just can't help themselves
The dad would have been considered a conservative in the 90's. Keep in mind this is two decades ago, the US has moved a decent distance farther to the political right on average since then. And he's also an urban conservative, which tend to be on the more liberal side of that sub-spectrum. I didn't find the dad that hard to believe.

>Even if we pretend he didn't have student loans (which is absurd)
Again, it's the 90s, which means frasier would have been in med-school probably in the 70s. You're projecting current trends in education cost and debt backwards.

>this is what the average poorfag starter apartment looked like in the 90s
Lol, no. I was in NYC at that age and time (approximately). I don't know who made Friends, but I've got to assume they've never been to New York and are probably too rich to have ever had to handle money or do their own shopping.

Eames are about $6.5 grand new. He barely ever sat in it

So your theory is both Fraiser and Niles went all the way through medical school basically for free? That's really implausible.

Lab humps don't make much irl

would frasier and jery be friends?

Radio hosts made bank in the 90s

Though nowadays he'd be doing podcasts in his apartment for nothing but MeUndies ad revenue

No. In reality that apartment would have been six figures in the 90s. Prob 500-750k.

t. oldfag

No more sweaty balls.

wat if fraser get ipad?

I was in NYC at that age and time too. It was explained in the show:

No, you're a stupid triggered manbaby. It's a TV show. It has a strong woman who fucks a lot of dudes. Stop getting assblasted because it makes you feel like a small man.

Thanks Shillberg. Now run along and get a real job.

>everyone who disagrees with me is paid to do so!!!!!!!!1
>also DAH JOOS

Get out of your parents' house brainlet.

You're not even a good shill. Let me guess, Pajeet working off a template.

The theme song says "frasier has left the building" so my best guess is he couldn't pay rent and was evicted, so not as rich as you'd think.

he had some job that involved computers. I guess that translates to big buck in the 90s, early willenium.

Delusion is a serious issue, seek help. Or maybe get laid I don't know.

Drumpf!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Joey was the star of a daytime soap opera

Thanks shill. Quite the ruse you've got going. Color me bamboozled.

I'm saying he probably got very generous help from his school and his parents, student loans weren't nearly as big of a thing in the 70s as they are now

Right wingers literally have such shit opinions that when confronted with counterarguments they have to do these mental gymnastics just to maintain their worldview WEW

Your from NYC? Does that place look like any rent controlled apartment you've ever seen? Seriously?

I mean, nevermind the size (which is insane), or the location (also), just look at the basic level of maintenance in the building. Look at the goddamn paint on the walls. "Rent control" isn't a magic wand that lets poor people live like kings.

Frasier was an expensive psychiatrists he even joked to Cliff about how he couldn't afford him
and I guess it could be assumed he graduated med school a year or 2 early because of how smart/dedicated to psychiatry he was
Lillith was also a renowned psychiatrists who made just as good if not better of an income so I doubt he had to pay her that much child support/alimony
it's a little far fetched I think but it's not full blown retarded logic

Yep. In Brooklyn right now. No of course not. But can you imagine shooting a tv show in an actual Manhattan apartment that people in their 20s rent? Too dark and cramped. Would look like shit.

this. to the average person he was doing very well for himself but in the episodes where he tries to schmooze with the elite and join their clubs that old money group is beyond him

Mfw battle of the Eastcoast fags vs the Westcoast fags for bragging rights over who is less ass hurt

a left winger usually just take in the ass and has their GF speak for them because it's "progressive" and his other male friends should think about doing it as well

And irl rent controlled apartments are pretty much a magic wand that lets you live like a king.

These days you've got as much a chance as landing one as winning the lottery. But it's not inconceivable that a 20 something in the 90s would have had a grandmother with a rent controlled apartment.

And rent controlled/rent stabilized apartments are individual units mixed in with market rate units, which would explain the building maintenance.

What a weird floorplan.

Has anyone ever heard ofa condo irl with three master BRs? I've literally never seen one.

>still no counter argument JUST insults
W
E
W

Frasier's bathroom is a big fuck you to everyone else's

Everyone ignore this shill

your literally insulting right wingers but just saying they have shit opnions not an argument and also
>insulting Kelsey Grammers political beliefs by generalizing all right wingers
filename related

a bedroom with a bathroom is called a suite and yes there are luxury condos with 2/3 suites

Enjoy your birthday, user!

Frasier has a LOT of fucking furniture. Looks good on TV but his place is so cluttered. How the fuck does he host those parties?

I actually like how they made Frederick a dumbass full-on goth in his final appearance.

holy shit there are actually people who unironically act like this outside of Sup Forums

How many bed- and bathrooms does a man need?