Deadpool Director Attached to New Sonic Movie

>hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-director-tim-miller-developing-sonic-hedgehog-movie-sony-942661
>Just over a week after stepping away from Deadpool, director Tim Miller has set his sights on a new gig: developing an adaptation of Sonic the Hedgehog for Sony Pictures.

Golly gee-wizz.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8
youtube.com/watch?v=GJqZlkTHkDg
youtube.com/watch?v=2jSKyWSvNgg
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa9W0cW4OYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can they sufficiently separate the autism from the Sonic franchise?

Doubt it

FUCK THAT GODDAMN HACK AND HIS SHITTY WRITTEN RETARDED SPEED MOUSE

>From the director of Deadpool

So does this mean that the Sonic movie might have a chance at being actually GOOD?

Autism is in the Sonic DNA.

youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8

>"Good"
>Contains Sonic with voice acting

I don't fucking think so

Note that he's executive producing, not directing.

Get ready for sanic dick.

>hybrid CG-animated/live-action

Fucking why? Imagine the Unleashed intro but stretched out to an entire animated film, it writes itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJqZlkTHkDg

I hope one of the screenwriters sneaks in a subtle Sonichu reference.

>implying Sonic voicing is all that bad
Just listen to this gem.
youtube.com/watch?v=2jSKyWSvNgg

Yes because the ultimate egotistical autist deserves validation.

I feel like the entire budget of that game went into this intro. God unleashed was such a piece of shit gameplay wise

NO GOD PLEASE NO

interestingly enough the guy that's directing ran Blur Studio, which made the Unleashed intro.

What color arms?

Lavender.

B L U E

L

U

E

One is blue and the other is brown.

Yellow

Blur only did the CG 06 cutscenes, Marza did Unleashed.

>Can they sufficiently separate wetness from water?

>leave Deadpool for Sonic
WHY

>My Roommate Sonic will become a movie

Holy shit

>Deadpool
>Good

They also did Shadow the Hedgehog's cutscenes

youtube.com/watch?v=Sa9W0cW4OYA

Oh Miller no

No Miller

You're better than this

It went from 0% to 10% chance at least

Wait, didn't the Sonic movie already have a director who was doing a shitload of research into the series?

Well, it's autism, but it's remarkably okay-looking autism.

Wow really? Sonic? You left Deadpool 2, something that was pretty much 100% guaranteed to make money and keep your good name just so you could work on the fucking CG/live action abortion?

Great fucking job idiot. Before I didn't want the movie to do well because "Sonic with live-action at all" but now I hope it tanks because Miller's a damn idiot

>hybrid CG-animated/live-action
No!!! No!!!!! NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Will his eyes be modern?

He didnt leave Deadpool. Ryan "DIVA" Reynolds got a big head and wanted the sequel to be more Waypool. Miller wanted it more focused and GOOD. Ryan got rid of him.

Miller is executive producing, not directing.

so they learned actually nothing from sonic 06

I thought Alex Hirsch was doing this.

So far, it seems he's only writing the Detective Pikachu movie but I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved in the Sonic movie.

Good lord.

Shadow is such a piece of shit, Jesus Christ. How people can even think he's "cool" is beyond me.

JUST

Who would you cast as Robotnik, Sup Forums?

The responses on this thread are some of the most autistic I've seen on this site.

>live action/CGI hybrid Sonic movie
Wow, that sounds horrible.
>Deadpool director is now attached to it
Well, maybe it won't be that awfu-
>Sony Pictures
Never mind.

You're thinking of one of the writers.

>Detective Pikachu
Why the fuck is this going to be the first Pokemon movie? Surely a remake of the first season of the anime or Gen 1 would do better.

If they actually do get Danny Devito like everyone wants, then it could be amazing.

>Sonic 06
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>Live Action / CGI hybrid
>Sony

TOO MANY BAD VARIABLES
SHUT IT THE DOWN FOR GOD'S SAKE SHUT IT THE FUCK DOWN

Poor guy.

Source?

The entire concept just seems entirely retarded, fuck Pikachu.

Makes sense. Deadpool and sonic are literally the same character.

>Likes fun
>Flirts with danger constantly
>Chaos powers

Well how about that.

how much do you think this possibly could make?

A Sonic thread huh? Well posting best Sonic character of all time here.

That's not Gamma

>In initial sequel talks, Reynolds, Reese and Wernick envisioned a “scrappy,” raunchy and inexpensive movie, the insider said — in the vein of the first, which earned over $780 million worldwide on a $58 million budget. It’s a stunning return on a film Reynolds lobbied 11 years to make.

>Miller, known more for his visual flair than for the brash antics that Reynolds and his writers embraced and that fans loved, wanted a more stylish take, one that would compete with mega-budget superhero movies, insiders said. But it would have cost three times as much as the original $58 million film, the first individual said.

>“There were two totally different movies on the table, and one of them just wasn’t ‘Deadpool,” said the first insider, who is familiar with both concepts. Reynolds, Reese and Wernick’s vision won.

Ryan was right.

not even Chaos 0

Blaze a cute! A cute!

Since it's being made by Westerners, is there any chance of the FF's showing up? Even as a cameo?

What is this from?

>Implying Ezio/Chris Redfield/Batman Sonic is bad

>family film
So no PG-13? That was literally the only thing stopping this shit from being Smurfs-tier.

I guess. Don't feel like Deadpool would've been improved by a bigger budget, CGI fests or the likes.

All the problems I had with it were on a fundamental level (mostly the story and some of the characters). For the rest, it did what it wanted to do.

It'll just be like a Deadpool clone only except it'll be PG Rated. Which will make it suck because the main reason Deadpool was such a hit is because it wasn't tied down to restrictions

>Antione and Sally are wearing the exact same shoes

Jeez could they have at least TRIED to work on their redesigns they feel lazy as all hell.

Also what the hell is Antione even supposed to be? He looks like he could pass for a relative of Tails.

Eh Deadpool can have both the writing and visual flair

He's a coyote IIRC.

The same shoes are intentional. It's what the royal guard wear.

I want to fuck Blaze.

Because Pikachu is the mascot.

The alternative was using Max Landis' screenplay about Red's journey with a Koffing and his mom's Graveler.

>Pikachu is the mascot
And that's why it's completely retarded to make a movie around it.
Shitty mascot animals never make good main characters.

Well the story is about a guy who gets turned into a Pikachu so there's that.

I'm surprised they went with adapting Detective Pikachu but it sort of makes sense. I guess they didn't want the first Pokemon movie to be all about battling I guess.

The FF are boring characters and I hope they're not the main group in the comics anymore.

Sonic shouldn't be tied down by some dumb animal defense team, the only reason the FF were made was because Sonic didn't have much of a supporting cast in the games.

I fucking hope not

Who knows what "family" means these days.

>live-action
*vomits*

Sally maybe. But the rest? Hell no.

It must be Halloween because this is a horror thread.

>Will probably never get a 2D animated new Sonic Movie

I just want another 1996 Sonic the hedgehog movie. Is that too much to ask?

I loved it so much.

>Blaze
>Best

kek

Oh Shit

Moustache aside, Adam would be a better fit.

B A S E D

Are you retarded? Unleased had objectively the best iteration of the boost style.

Deadpool was okay but DP2 was guaranteed to be memeboi cancer. Sonic is an objectively better franchise than Ninja Spiderman

>Sonic is an objectively better franchise than anything

Adam's personality, Jamie's image

Ebin meme.

nuh uh, Deadpool likes chimichangas and Sonic likes chilli dogs, totally different!

Sonic seems pretty fucking low on the list of good franchises my dude
He's a fairly bland MC with some decent side characters and villains but a lot of autistic OC baggage that the fans want to see aroubd him.
Also he's a video game character that has very little actual narrative which makes him a poor candidate for adaptation

You start adding hundreds of million and you start attaching safe, obligations that the execs want to gurantee returns.

They probably could have reached a middle ground with a cap of like $100 million assuming everyone doesn't ask for a huge salary increase.

>Implying sonic and autism are two separate things

Why would they? Autists buy merch

>Miller using his Hollywood goodwill to get Sonic made
Well, so much for our The Goon film...

>an adaptation of Sonic the Hedgehog
stop
>for Sony Pictures
STOP
S T O P