RWBY/RT General #957: Mostly Forgotten Edition

Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Previous thread: Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-3-os75ed

RWBY Chibi Season 1 - Season Finale: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-chibi-season-1-episode-24

RvB Season 14 - Season Finale: roosterteeth.com/episode/red-vs-blue-season-14-episode-24

Camp Camp Season 1 - Season Finale: roosterteeth.com/episode/camp-camp-season-1-the-order-of-the-sparrow-camp-camp-episode-12

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode: roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-bar-fights-gay-bars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJNaA-JNA
imgur.com/gallery/AYvmb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thanks senpai.

rip my hopes for Sage
F

Dubs neo is always good.

writing is so awful. how these girls going to get back together in one season?

Why would they?

because they are all in same scene end of opening animation

Never trust the intro user.

Why did the mods take my bread?

Yes, and Blake's family was aboard the boat

Remember when Weiss fought Emerald?

What's good RWBYg?
any insightful discussion or is it bullshit as usual.

Mourning the loss of Sage and Scarlets potential and discussing how you never trust the intro sequence.

We actually discussing how the battle of verdun changed ww1

Im kind of surprised you trust anything made by this crew

I've accepted that MK tossed out anything good for Sage and Scarlet for the sake of focusing on Sun and Neptune and turning everything into a comedy act, still hurts though.

Dude, I still maintain rwby has too many characters. There is a lot of fat to trim and personally I would get rid of all of that team.

They don't have to completely focus on them, just don't treat them like complete garbage, like with the SSSN vs. NDGO fight.

Give them a good fight, that's all I want to see.

Though I doubt any chance of that happening this volume.

expecting a good fight was your first mistake, that is way out the door at this point.
I dont think it is an inherently bad thing to have well designed background characters, but MK isnt the crew to pull it off.

Will Yang actually put the robot arm on?
I was hoping she'd learn a new fighting style based on her concept art.

I think eventually she will. Some factor is going to convince her she needs both of her arms to full get back into the fight. Either getting over her PTSD, her mother maybe showing up to give her some tough love, or some crazy shit like Neo or Tyrian tracking down their home forcing her to fight will snap her out of her funk and make her pick up the arm.

BEST GIRL

Neo cant go to rubys house because shes had 8months to do her thing.
So will the gang encounter her in mistral as a waitress or a pickpocket or something, or will yang encounter neo while shes out getting groceries?

>actually got the edition this time

Good stuff

Also; anyone got confirmation that a hiatus is/isn't happening? Or is it now confirmed rumors?

I just realized Team SSSN is like a lesser version of the MCs of FFXV.

Nothing yet.

Yes.
Yes she is.

How long until an eyepatch?

>follow Tumblr art blogs
>great fan art

But

>they reblog whiny posts about the American election all the time

Ups and downs I guess

after the tyrian fight.

Shit scythe but that face scar is alright.
Nice file name too.

>scared ruby

I allow it, but only because this is relevant to my fetish.

i honestly would prefer this scythe because only monty knew how to animate scythe combat so far. a sword/glaive would be easier for the inexperienced people.
A Great scenario is where tyrian breaks cresent rose and ruby has to use this weapon until she can make another scythe.

I'm just going to leave this here.

>Picking a weapon which doesn't even have the sharp end pointing towards the enemy is not a practical idea
MORE AT 11

Her scythe is also a glavie.
Should use that form more, glavies are legit.

It's not like it's a revolutionary design. The curve makes slicing easier. As long as she can manage to hook her enemy in the blade, which she does every time, she's golden.

And yes, I know a sickle isn't a traditional weapon, but don't tell me it wouldn't hurt if someone came at you with one.

Yeah but a spear, axe or sword would to the job better every time.
Unless you have super-human speed and agility the weapon is borderline useless.
To anybody else, Crescent Rose is not a good weapon.

Im pretty sure half the weapons in RWBY aren't practicle, the fact that Jaunes Shield can shrink down but still keep the weight means thats Coco's purse must weight a shit ton and she's putting all that weight on one shoulder but no one complains about that, It's a texan anime

not either of these guys but to anyone ever Yangs gauntlets are not a good weapon, just looking at the kickback from them shows that if you didn't have an aura you would shatter your wrists every single time you fired.
80% of weapons in RWBY are not made to be functional, at all.
>i.e the sky is blue

>"You can never use her scythe for fighting"
"Yes you can. Here's why."
>"Yeah have the pointy end away from the enemy real smart."
"Well here's some examples of successful tools and weapons with that idea in mind."
>"Yeah well swords are better anyway. Nobody can swing Crescent Rose without superhuman abilities."
Admit you're wrong and stop changing the argument.

I never said the weapons themselves were functional. I'm sure Crescent Rose weights a ton. What I'm saying is that it's not a harvester scythe. It's stylized and matches closely with a design you can find fighting manuals on. Of course nobody here could competently wield it, but in RWBY? Hell yeah. The argument that Ruby's "harvester" scythe is a bad design because it can't be used for fighting is retarded because it's not a harvester scythe.

Tell me you don't think something printed in book for the rich, of which only three existed, is any indication of practicality?

>printed
Excuse you. He painted that, went into debt, and was hanged over it. Show him some respect.

I've not changed the argument user.
The onlything I've contibuted to this was and fuck all else.

ah yes pardon
He did indeed do all three of them by hand

Swords ARE better, but this is a show where conventions are shunned for nice sfx.
Jaune has a sword "is bad with it".Yatsu has a sword "is competent".Crossbow girl from NDGO has a sword "is competent"
against
SniperScythe (shown to be way too effective)
CoCo's Minigun (so OP they tried to RetCon)
Velvets PandoraBox (did 17hunters worth of damage to Paladins). The powerlevels in this show are stupid and don't care for conventional weapons because the fights dont revolve around drawing blood, but dealing impact damage to aura, which means most swords aren't as effective as an equally weighted mace or flail.

you're right about the scythe style thing, but that begs the question of what the hell they were thinking for Qrow's scythe

Also I think it's worth mentioning that it never caught on mostly because of convenience (why have a specialty scythe that you'd have to learn to fight with made when you have a sword right there?) and the fact that guns began to do away with traditional bladed duels like these were meant for. Also the part where the maker was accused of being a thief and hanged. It wasn't because they weren't effective.

>Wake up
>Waifu's still not real

what are we doing wrong?

Calm down man. Trump still has a month until he's president. Give him some time to put in policies and fund waifu research. We'll have our waifus by the end of his term.

I always assumed it was Sup Forumss fault, they stole so much meme magic to make Trump president, that there was none left to make any of the girls real.

kek doesn't want waifus

Nay still here? How's that edit coming along?

>implying Lord Kek can ever run out of meme magic
He helped us to make Trump president. Now he'll leave us to our own devices so that we can make waifus a reality ourselves. Kind of like God and free will but cooler and with cute girls.

are you the Sup Forums fag from /trash/?

I haven't been into the /trash/ threads so no.

My boner is confused

Princely motherfucker right there.

It goes with his motif of being the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

Like all things in RWBY the reason is "because it looks cool".

>Sup Forums is one person.

No more waifus!

I'd do him

I wish it was one person so they could banned and I can finally have a good discussion about RWBY without them forcing their shit in. It's bad enough I have to deal with Jaunefags thinking he can beat Cinder/Salem and writing shit greentext about him getting a harem.

>Foolish child, I do as I please

This reads like a post out of Tumblr, you're not one to be talking about Sup Forums

>Japanese anime: cat ears is supreme waifu material nyan nyan.
>Austin anime: shitty kitty is shitty.

Fuck you!

Blake is great!

No.
Blake is shitty kitty.
Based Sun is the only good part of her screen time.

Correct

Good morning /RWBYg/, be sure to eat breakfast, proteins are good

youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJNaA-JNA

Fuck you

And fuck you.

Terrible taste.

Thanks for the advice. Your waifu would be lucky to have you.

imgur.com/gallery/AYvmb

Don't forget to shitpost

You earned this right

To be fair, hating Jaunefriends isn't even just Tumblr anymore. We've been doing that since Volume 1 or Volume 2.

let me shit on my waifu

MAGA!

You the realist nigga

USA!
USA!
USA!

is the reason RWBYg has been dead because of the election and the swarming of shitposters and Sup Forums?

user, you have to accept that the kitty is shitty.
Seriously, shitty kitty isn't bad, she's just shitty.

Probably I mean there are a fuckton of riots happening and people burning the American flag

That and the new season blues.
Only three episodes in and not much has happened other than establishing the places that the characters are currently in.
We're also not in much of a mood for theorising till next week when the Trump storm has passed and people want to talk.

Bearing in mind that a vast majority of the posters here are Americans. Not myself, but most are.

As the ultimate result we don't have much to post about other than autism and arguments we've had for the umteenth time.

I thought it was just a slow morning, I'm about to head out in about 8 minutes

Lets not start this but yeah mostly Sup Forums is the cause of death on some threads. /k/ got a shitton of the retards starting stupid threads.

Do you think Blake's mom knew she was wearing that outfit?

She was the one who bought it for her.

Does papadonna approve

No but it's obvious that Bellamomma runs the household.

>not in the bedroom

Yang is a factory worker

After watching Doctor Strange, Salem looks like she's drawing her power from a possible Grimm dimension like Kaecillius was. So Ruby had better study up on how to Silver Eyes her before the end of the world

Dormammu, I've come to bargain

Or both.

She needs a wheelchair every time

Salem IS the power user.
Think of her like the hole in the barrier that lests the Grimm in.

Also, I like that be basically annoyed the villain out of his plans. Nice touch.

is the hole darkseid shaped?

Aura.

Sure, why not.