twitter.com/nickandmore/status/796818832711151616

>Nick moves Harvey Beaks to Nicktoons
>Greenblatt pissed. Calls Nick "Garage Sale Network"
>Cartoon Brew picks up the story
>Nick shuts down show because pissed

Sucks to be him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oILQNK_i5xc
toonzone.net/forums/threads/ren-stimpy-short-to-be-shown-before-the-third-spongebob-movie.5561081/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So Harvey Beaks is cancelled? Is there any hope?

Carl knew this would happen
I guess he'd rather get the show dropped rather than making it for Nicktoons where no one will see it

Is anyone really surprised?

It's fine to be disgruntled and angry when you've been wronged, but he went beyond biting the hand that feeds.

I've never actually watched the show but I hope for the fans sake the remaining episodes see the light of day eventually and don't just get locked up in the Nick vault indefinitely

Can't say I feel bad for him. He got a better deal than most over screwed-over shows get.

The ride was fun while it lasted, maybe he should've taken a few pages from Dave Cooper and Chris Savino

There's bitting the hand and then there's pouncing on the wrist and elbow.

Yes

Ok but pulling an entire show off the air seems incredibly petty and vindictive. How does a network operate that way?
Carl certainly wasn't smart about they way he went about things but Nick's response makes me wonder how they ever got things done in the first place.

>Ok but pulling an entire show off the air seems incredibly petty and vindictive. How does a network operate that way?

Sometimes malice has nothing to do with it.

I mean, just look at what happened to El Tigre and Mystery Incorporated.

Not spongebob or loud house

nick don't care, nick don't play that

In what way?

>keep saying in the threads reporting on carl's anger that he needs to fucking chill before nick does something
>nick does something
>POOR CARL!

could they not just fire him and keep the show going under someone else? ending the show sucks for the fans

>Ok but pulling an entire show off the air seems incredibly petty and vindictive. How does a network operate that way?

They were ending the show and he was okay with that if not happy about it.

It was sending the rest of the unaired eps off to a side network with no viewership that sent him over the edge. That and him finding out about it via Twitter instead of being told at work.

>Sometimes malice has nothing to do with it.
This clearly isn't one of those times.

The last bit of Beaks-related news from Carl was that RuPaul was recording this week for a return of snek lady.

So Greenblatt is going full John K and burn every bridge at Nickeledeon huh? John K was blacklisted from Nick for over 20 years and just recently started working with Nick again. I understand Greenblatt is pissed that something he poured years into was killed off without him even knowing but this was not the way to handle it.

As much as Sup Forums likes to shit on Bryke, they handled the situtation with The Legend of Korra quite nicely (they too were fucked over hard). I don't know how his relationship is with Cartoon Network after Chowder ended but he could possibly return there for a new cartoon or go to Disney and try to fill the void that Gravity Falls left but I'm sure he just blacklisted himself at Nick. He probably can't even return to work on Spongebob

Network Nick is even more out of touch than Network CN by a long shot.

Appreciate what you have and make the most of it, if worst comes you always have other networks
youtube.com/watch?v=oILQNK_i5xc

Pretty much.

Another, not as extreme example was Giancarlo Volpe, who openly protested the cancellation of Green Lantern. He wasn't as radical as Greenblatt and eventually found work in animation, but it took him years to return there.

Compare that to Greg Weisman who get fucked over again and again. He's in a position to get bitter, but doesn't, so he gets steady work and has even gotten to revisit Gargoyles, Captain Atom, and soon, Young Justice.

>As much as Sup Forums likes to shit on Bryke, they handled the situtation with The Legend of Korra quite nicely (they too were fucked over hard).

You take those fucking bullshit and lies and return to your hugbox from wence you came

All these years later and my hate only fuels my existence

And don't forget some higher up talking to the crew, going on about how cheaply they were able to get the rights to Alvin and the Chipmunks and they air it a lot while they were working on the series finale.

>The Legend of Korra quite nicely (they too were fucked over hard).
Oh come on. They shat the bed completely.

These all ended for reasons other than to piss off the creator.

HAHAHA! This is great! Looks like he wasn't good enough for "Garage Sale Network." Better try to find a "Worthless Trash Network" to pitch his show to.

THEY'RE STILL SHITTING THE BED

Anything remotely quiet about the ordeal we wouldn't be getting orders from Dark Horse to make Slice of Life Comics taking place in Republic City

Fucking hell give me a job i'll fucking fix this mess

Is there a possibility we're overreacting? It says they pulled it from Nicktoons scheduling so what are the chances it's because it's returning to Nick or Greenblatt reached a deal with "da suits" to let this controversy fly over and then re air it on their main channel?

It's possible. Carl's still talking about doing production work so I think if Nick barged into his office and scrapped the entire show we'd know about it by now.

I'm so glad the Weisman curse has been lifted. Greg's a good guy. He deserves to finally see a season 3 of his shows

The show was already cancelled though?

The show was not renewed, meaning it ends after the current season finishes production.

Canceling would be ceasing production immediately.

Elaborate on Mystery Inc.

So out of Nick, CN and Disney, which one is the best to work for?

Netflix

>Mystery Incorporated
That ended on it's own terms though. It had a beginning, middle and end

nyaa.se

Disney I bet but you have to suck on Mickey Mouse cock first. Once you do though, you're set.

Is Young Justice Season 3 going to be on Netflix? If so I agree with this.

All right, Sup Forums, which is the best network to work for?

Netflix>Disney>CN>>>Nick

I say Disney too. They give you creative freedom and a higher budget. Only bad thing is their fucking god awful scheduling and no season blu rays. Alex Hirsch had something nice going but he became a lazy fuck and got bored so he rushed Gravity Falls and now shitposts on Twitter all day long

From all the anecdotes being offered not just by Carl but others as well, Nick's LA offices are a great place to work, it's just that scheduling and marketing are handled in NY by a bunch of tools.

I wonder what Micky Mouse's cock tastes like. Just asking for a friend he's a massive faggot

YJ coming back ha nothing to do with Weisman its just business. Given how stupid the fanbase for that garbage is they probably don't even care that he's involved in it.
Fuck off. Instead of doing something new DC is revisiting this garbage.

I but the blame entirely on Cartoon Brew. Fuck Amid and fuck them

>petty and vindictive
stop letting your emotions over the loss cloud you from seeing things from their side. It is unsurprisng and makes sense. I'm not even angry at Nick

All three channels can give you several shitty events when it comes to creators in the past few years. There is no escape to be honest.

>Disney
>Alex got fed up with them to the point where he ended this show and fucked off to FOX
Nope.

In Alex's case you have to consider the possibility that he was the difficult one.

>CN over anyone
name a single show on cartoon network that is not:
1)entering a hiatus
2)just coming off a hiatus
3)on hiatus
4)not on hiatus but has zero promotion

Can we lynch this fucking sandnigger?

Teen Titans Go Fuck yourself is on all day everyday with no stop for the next 10 years

It's easier to do business with someone who doesn't burn bridges and knows how to play ball.

It's such a great show

People are telling Greenblatt he did the wrong thing bad-mouthing Nickelodeon and, yes, but only from a work-relationship stance. I'm very happy he did that, it's tiring having so many shows consistently the past few years play the bullshit game with their fucking shows and do all these schedule changes, make few attempts to promote their show, internally sabotage it, then creators are just expected to professionally let it go and tell their fans and aspiring artists, "Them's the breaks! It was fun while it lasted".

No, fuck that. I'm glad Greenblatt confirmed with the general public about the mismanagement at Nickelodeon and warned creators that pitching a show to them /could/ result in a lot of blood loss. I'm happy he was honest with people and didn't just complacently sit back and shrug it off. It's about fucking time someone actually stood up for their show and told the animation community what Nickelodeon execs have been consistently doing is not fucking right. I'd love to try and get one of my ideas off the ground and any insight from professionals that aren't "play nice!" lies is highly appreciated in the long run.

>just recently started working with Nick again
wat

I'm gonna need some source on that

I hate Amid but he didn't force Greenblatt to rant on tumblr.

He had an attitude problem back when Chowder was getting cancelled as well.

That's because it's your new favorite show

toonzone.net/forums/threads/ren-stimpy-short-to-be-shown-before-the-third-spongebob-movie.5561081/

A Ren and Stimpy short will be shown before the third (YES THIRD) Spongebob movie. Also, on The Splat, they mentioned John K frequently during Ren and Stimpy's 25th anniversary that aired in August. I guess Billy West and John K are back on good terms as well since Billy mentioned John and few times. Maybe he'll return to voice Stimpy

I still find it funny that people are indicative of a network for treating a poorly performing show like shit as if none of the networks listed are guilty of that?
Disney gave all their shows from 00s shitty ass and rushed finales and has yet to make them available on itunes or other formats unless you're Kim Possible

CN at least had the gull to give Chowder an ending under Greenblatt's behalf and to put bad performing show out of their mercy but their frequently bad schedule treatment has prevented the chance of shows finding an audience in the first place.

Spongebob ruined Nick. Nuff said. The show's huge success meant that they never had to try for at least a decade but when its ratings started to slip they realized they had fucked up and had no shows to fill the void.

If CN had continued their winning streak with everything after AT then they would have been the ideal choice but nowadays they seem to not want anything other than TTG-like shows and are becoming just as lazy. Disney is trying but all their animation are regulated to Disney XD and they just pulled several shows this year alone. Nick...yeah let's just hope Loud House can keep up this momentum but the change in political climate may mean it would be the darling of the network for long.

>Nick
prepare to have your show fucked over by spongbob
>Disney
Prepare for your show to only air a couple of episodes before going on a six month hiatus, also if it's not live action tweenshit it's going on Disney XD where almost no one will see it.
>CN
Prepare to get fired/your show fucked over because you looked at somebody funny or someone was looking for a promotion and your show bombing would be just the thing they need to make their power play

Greenblatt does have an attitude problem, but Amid escalated it much farther. And I just feel he was the one who turned the posts into something that is worth making Nick take action.

What I dont like is how people are aiming this at Nick specifically. All the channels are fucking shit and need to change desperately. None of them are good places to work. Being a veteran means nothing. Wander got cancelled before Season 2 even started. Uncle Grandpa got canned and the creators didnt even know. We really should be giving everyone shit or there will be nowhere for a person to confidently pitch their cartoon

Gumball. Probably because its animated in Europe.

>Nick

I think you mean the Garage Sale Network.

What are you talking about in that CN section?

Gumball isnt on hiatus now?

It just aired a new episode two weeks ago

>the third (YES THIRD) Spongebob movie
I want everyone to die

I don't see how the Loud House is going to suffer because Republicans took office. Clyde's dads aren't significant characters. The show has a very conservative, middle class white family feel.

All of those other shows at least had their entire seasons aired, even if at shitty times.

Beware was just suddenly pulled from the line-up and Adult Swim, which is a separate entity that just happens to share the parent company and the channel itself, chose to finish it.

Hell, I distinctly remember there being a huge blowout for like, every single Disney cartoon in summer 2007, and then realising afterwards that pretty much every single one of them ended and the next year was mostly new shit.

2006/2007 was a massive shitshow for everyone

Animation is a time-consuming process. Do you complain when a big show like Gotham goes on break for four-or-five months? Why the fuck do you expect them to be able to make an animated series that airs 52 weeks a year?

They're already cheating hardcore ever since they decided to split up episodes into eleven minutes instead of the twenty-two minute bundles they used to be. But even then, expecting them to be able to make enough episodes to air non-stop is absurd.

>Better try to find a "Worthless Trash Network" to pitch his show to.
But he already worked at Cartoon Network.

>What are you talking about in that CN section?
mostly stuff I've heard second hand about the higher ups at CN being both incredibly petty and power hungry as fuck.
That and the incredibly obvious shafting non-TTG DC Nation shows got because CN Didn't want to play nice with DC.

It's just the "Spongebob Channel" meme that network war shitposters are trying to push.

In reality, Nick used not just Spongebob but also premieres of other successful cartoons like TLH, FOP, and Alvin, airing before and after new Harvey Beaks episodes, and HB plummeted in ratings regardless. It was dead weight.

>Why the fuck do you expect them to be able to make an animated series that airs 52 weeks a year?
Probably because Japan does it and they don't realize that Japan treats its animators like slaves.

I'm not expecting them to be constantly making cartoons, but CN is paced in a way where there is seemingly nothing on air. Their scheduling is fucking shit.

>possibility
That is the queerest spelling of "fact" I have ever seen.

Yeah Disney pulled pretty much all their animated shows which would explain why Phineas and Ferb was the only animated show on the network back then. They were in really bad position but bounched back.

True. Look at his Twitter, he's the definition of a self absorbed spoiled millennial liberal who wants everything handed so him and explodes when he doesn't get his way.

>prepare to have your show fucked over by spongbob
>The Loud House routinely beats the Sponge daily
Not sure what that means exactly, but I like it.

>The Loud House routinely beats the Sponge daily
Not anymore. Not since the new season started. Its days aren't numbered though since it does better than anything on the network now.

Chris sold his soul to the Devil

>Billy West and John K are back on good terms
Fucking hilarious m8

Did you not see the Howard Stern segment?

Uh, what? It's last few episodes were up against the election and still pulled between 1.7 to 2 million viewers, by far the highest of any kids cartoon contender this week.

It does well, but it's not consistently beating the Sponge when it airs new episodes.

It's still the only cartoon that can beat it at all though

The last time Spongebob and TLH aired premieres on the same day, it was Spongebobs season 10 premiere and it was still beaten.

Yes, it can beat Spongebob. I said that.

>Greenblatt pissed. Calls Nick "Garage Sale Network
>Sucks to be him
Nah it doesn't suck to be him. He was a fucking idiot and talked shit on his bosses while they still had control over his show.

Jesus, just admit you were misinformed, dude.

???

All I said is LH doesnt beat the show every time. I'm not attacking your cartoon my friend. You can enjoy it's success

>SPONGEBOB NICKELODEON 4:30 PM 1,768
>LOUD HOUSE NICKELODEON 5:00 PM 1,767 0.3

Now fuck off back to/ trash/ with the rest of the pedos

Can someone tl;dr me on the whole chain of events from the beginning up til now?

Source? Showbuzzdaily doesn't have Spongebob listed, nor did it even have any premieres this week.

>Greenblatt announces that Harvey Beaks will end soon
>A month later Nick announces that its going to burn through the remaining episodes on Nicktoons Network instead of the main one
>Greenblatt goes on a rant on his tumblr page
>This spreads to cartoonbrew
>Nick finds out and pulls their plans to move the show to Nicktoons along with the show itself indefinitely.

Harvey Beaks was being moved to Nicktoons after underperforming

Greenblatt rants on Tumblr about it and how Nick burned him and how they're bad and waving around a tonne of insults and saying a lot of damning stuff

Cartoon Brew finds the stuff and writes an artcle about it, making it sound more confrontational than it was intended

Nick asks him to delete some of the stuff

this happens

Eh, everybody was stupid in this one.

Oh shit, apparently I missed some drama. But I expected it too, Nick was going to fuck up, and Greenblatt was going to wear his heart on his sleeve when it happened.

>return to your hugbox from wence you came

You realize hugboxes are for faggots that get triggered and need to chill the fuck out, yeah?

Maybe you could use one.

Nick wouldn't give them more than one season at a time to make the show, if they got the same treatment as they did with AtlA we'd probably see a less bullshit story overall and better character development.

No, the original plan for everyone was only one season. That's why the first season is so complete.

Then it got extended to three seasons so they pretty much had to start over.

No idea how the fourth came about though