Marvel's February 2017 Variant Theme is Corner Boxes by Joe Jusko

>Face front, True Believers and prepare for the return of the iconic Marvel Corner Boxes! Today, Marvel is pleased to announce a series of over 20 Corner Box Variant Covers, coming to select comics throughout the month of February! All rendered by legendary artist Joe Jusko, these covers feature lush paintings inspired by the classic Marvel corner box artwork of yesterday!

>“We’re elated to have Joe Jusko do a series of variant covers based on the classic Marvel corner boxes,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Joe perfectly recaptures what made that artwork so iconic in the first place, and he’s bringing that sense of gravitas to some brand new Marvel Corner Boxes featuring modern characters like Spider-Gwen, Deadpool and more.”

>Marvel is pleased to reveal the first eight Corner Box Variants, coming to these February titles:

> 1. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #24

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOkLhf6m8aE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> 2. AVENGERS #4

> 3. CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #11

This a neat one, actually.

> 4. DAREDEVIL #17

There are so many different ways to see an overgrown penis bulge in that pic as a thumbnail.

> 5. HULK #3

Look at all those muscles!
youtube.com/watch?v=dOkLhf6m8aE

> 6. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4

> 7. INHUMANS VS. X-MEN #4

> 8. ULTIMATES2 #4

>Plus, be on the lookout for more Marvel Corner Box Variants, featuring loving recreations of classic corner boxes and brand new ones highlighting contemporary characters:

>BLACK PANTHER #11
>CHAMPIONS #5
>DEADPOOL #26
>DOCTOR STRANGE #17
>GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #17
>THE MIGHTY THOR #13
>NOVA #3
>SPIDER-GWEN #17
>THANOS #4
>THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #2
>THE PUNISHER #10
>UNCANNY AVENGERS #20
>VENOM #4

i though the corner box was more of ultimate universe thing really

Cool shit. I really love the old corner boxes and these are really neat.

>i though the corner box was more of ultimate universe thing really

this nigga can not be serious

I never realized anyone had any particular reverence for the corner boxes in particular, but OK, these are pretty cool.

when i saw the news i thought it meant the covers would have the boxes in the corners and i'm mad about these

also they're 90sy which was a bad era for cover boes

>90sy
>-after KIRBY
>after BUSCEMA

I'd really like this one on the Wasp or something. It's cute.

>Sup Forumsmblr shows his retarded 90s hate boner again

80s is objectively better, & that's just one era

I think it's the painted style.

the way some of these looked when I first saw them made me think they had that Ultimate style borders

So I wasn't the only one.

I like this. I want it.

Wait, so how are they going to look? The dimensions are way different obviously.

This one, I like it.

I noticed that, too. But my worst obsession is his left thigh: it's too curved and... big, I guess.

They'll do it similar to the hip-hop covers, probably