Cthulhu has been a huge normie meme for years, why hasn't there been a big hollywood adaptation yet?

Cthulhu has been a huge normie meme for years, why hasn't there been a big hollywood adaptation yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t1RTgznup5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

too lovecraftian.

youtu.be/t1RTgznup5c

Ear shattering fart noise would destroy all ears

Ol Howie P made a lot of energetic statements about immigrants and people who weren't from cities in the Atlantic USA

so if you make movies about him, people will bitch and moan about how this man who wrote about obscene unknowable tentacle monsters getting bonked on the head by boats was a actually a huge weirdo

1. it's for nerds (not cool nerds, nerd nerds)
2. it's boring as shit
3. ???

Its too much of a risk user

this

t. reddit

cant buy rights, cant merchandise

>lovecraft had a cat named 'nigger man'
truly /ourguy/

>ear-shattering farting noise

>normies
t. wannabe edgiest kid on the class

>he's never seen Cthulhu merch

>It took seed

they dont mind ripping him off

> A sudden gust, stronger than the others, caught up the manuscript and bore it toward the window. I followed the flying sheets in desperation, but they were gone before I reached the demolished panes. Then I remembered my old wish to gaze from this window, the only window in the Rue d’Auseil from which one might see the slope beyond the wall, and the city outspread beneath. It was very dark, but the city’s lights always burned, and I expected to see them there amidst the rain and wind. Yet when I looked from that highest of all gable windows, looked while the candles sputtered and the insane viol howled with the night-wind, I saw no city spread below, and no friendly lights gleaming from remembered streets, but only the blackness of space illimitable; unimagined space alive with motion and music, and having no semblance to anything on earth. And as I stood there looking in terror, the wind blew out both the candles in that ancient peaked garret, leaving me in savage and impenetrable darkness with chaos and pandemonium before me, and the daemon madness of that night-baying viol behind me.

A Hollywood adaptation would completely misinterpret and sentimentalize the story. Instead of being about man's infinitesimal place in the cosmos, it would be about how mankind triumphs over adversity. There'd probably be a romance too - just because.

Thats why Del Toro would have been a bad choice for the Mountains movie. He always sentimentalises his monsters.

I would argue that Pan's Labyrinth is an exception. It's a shame he never reached those soaring heights again. Even with respect to his creature design, he seems to have lost his touch. Ghosts and fish men? Seriously?

Even in Pans Labyrinth, the monsters were made to seem tame in comparison to the human monsters.

You really need to get a sense in a Lovecraft movie that the plot doesnt revolve around you and are oblivious to the fact that you are dancing to the beat of an unknown drummer. Something like Kubricks Eyes Wide Shut.

Because how exactly do you film an inconceivable horror?

south park did it