Supernatural pilot

Ok Sup Forums I have finally done it after all this time. On the recommendation from user I'm starting supernatural, 15 minutes in Metallica is on and we are cruising in a black muscle car after a women going up in flames. I'm going to be honest with you it's really not what I expected, I'm a little wigged out. Supernatural thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a5Lx5LWnHsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Watch to the end of season 5 and then just do yourself a favor and stop.

Don't listen to . If you want the best Supernatural experience, watch only the first 3 seasons. They're some of the greatest television ever made. Everything from 4 onwards is questionable, getting worse as it goes on.

Supernatural still manages to get away with PROBLEMATIC stuff because tumblr fangirls want to be spitroasted by those dudes

I have heard this too user does it get that bad after that ?

The first season is very different than the rest of the show. The quality of it drops drastically after season 5 when the showrunner got replaced

>see this thread
>'ah i wonder what happened to supernatural'
>google it
>it's still airing
>13th season premiering soon

Well if you wanna go that far just make it the first 2 seasons. 3 was a mess anyway, butchered by the writers strike. It only had a couple of good episodes.

>starts a show thread
>hasn't even finished first episode
you can't be this fucking dense

I soldiered on until the end of season 10 because I wanted to see it through to the end. I couldn't take it anymore and quit and I'm confident in saying the end of season 5 is a good place to stop. It is where the original creator/writer intended it to end and the character arcs are all wrapped up nicely.

Season 6 and 7 in particular are absolutely dreadful.

Checked
So it will be the first 3 than and many try the fourth , I watch season 3/4 of arrow so what's the worst that can happen lol

It's 12 seasons in mate I'm not worried about spoilers was just wondering what to expect, and I have seen a lot more dense threads on here.

>I watched season 4 of Arrow

I'm so sorry user.

Skip through all parts with felicia day. The popular opinion here is that the show should have ended after season 5, which is true. anything afterwards is just fanservice and keeping it afloat merely for said fans. Though it can be entertaining, its just not as good

First two seasons were good. Third mediocre. Fourth and fifth shit. Stopped watching after that.

If I'm being honest, after season 3, there are still good episodes here and there, but it becomes almost a different show. Examples:

The first 3 seasons were great because most episodes were self-containing, which kept the stories fresh. The few episodes that were overarching were tight enough to keep you enthralled.

By contrast, as the seasons go on, the overarching story begins to bleed into most of the episodes, thus making it feel like it's dragging on. It doesn't help that with Kripke out of the way (post season 5), the overarching storylines sort of sucked.

The other good thing with the first few seasons is that the monsters hadn't been explored before, so they could introduce interesting ones. In later seasons, they either recycle old monsters or use uninteresting monsters because there's nothing else left.

Finally, Supernatural genre-flips after season 3. It started out as a horror. Turned into a dark fantasy. Now, I don't have a problem with dark fantasy per se, but the change makes it feel like a different show.

If you don't mind lots of overarching story and the genre-flip, give seasons 4 and 5 a try, but from season 6 onwards, it's GOT-tier fanfiction.

I think seasons 1 and 2 of supernatural are really good, they have a unique feeling and I get that x-files comfyness rewatching them. Season 3 is quite messy, 4 and 5 go overboard and are not particularly good. From 6 and on the quality doesn't really improve, though I think some seasons are okay, but they do persist with the bad habits seasons 4 and 5 started.

I don't see any reasons to go past season 5, there are good episodes here and there but you'll have to go through a lot shit.

It's ok user not your fault unless your mark guggenhack or Wendy "my writhing needs a miracle then fuck you just fuck you.

Do they still do the mandatory 1 haunted spirit episode per season?

Only watch the "creature of the week" episodes and nothing else. Trust me.

Aaah is this the user from yesterday's thread? The one who posted the Spike gif? Glad to see you on board, mate

If you really want the full experience just read the wiki article while listening to buttrock. It's much better than actually watching this crap.

The show could have ended right here

Bullshit. 1-5 is great TV. Even as a massive fan, I won't urge OP to watch 6 onwards--that depends on how people want to take it but at least stop lying about Seasons 3-5.

3-5 had the best girls, the best plot advancement, twists and reveals and have some of the best MOTW episodes

6 and 7 at least knew the story they were telling. 8-10 is a clusterfuck of rehashes and retcons. 11-12 were the true upswing post-Kripke

Thanks anons I am getting a really good horror vibe little bit spooky. Who ever done the sound is really good.

It is user was a nice thread thought I would give it a go.

I HEAR THE DEVILS ON THE LOOSE

IT'S BOUND TO TAKE YOUR LIFE
THERE'S A BAD MOON ON THE RISE

Watch to the end of season 3, watch the first episode of season 4 then pretend the show was cancelled and make up a badass ending in your head.

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON

>Who ever done the sound is really good.
The soundtrack really adds to the show. They got 3 Emmy noms for sound editing and musical composition. At least for the early seasons

the first episode of season 4 is my favorite ep; also, aside from season 6 all seasons are good, don't listen to the muh season 5 faggots that flood into every supernatural thread - it's still one of the best shows on tv

Fuck off. Seasons 3-5 is a wild ride. Those are the best seasons to marathon

Do yourself a favor and don't venture any further after season 2.

It would've been beautiful.

>aside from season 6 all seasons are good
>thinking Memetron is better than Eve, Alphas, dragons, Atropos, The French Mistake

Yes you can really tell the sound engineers were good, the should have won at least one.

You fuck off, you predictable faggot. The moment the veil was lifted on angels and demons is the moment they were reduced to sassy little faggot divas. One of Supernatural's strengths was mystery and a terror of the impending unknown. Castiel's arrival was a phenomenal introduction followed by consistent disappointment. If the budget wouldn't allow for an apocalypse, then the showrunners should have leaned on their strengths ane kept their villains in the shadows until the very end. The four horsemen were stupid as fuck. Season 4 and 5 were stupid, too. Dean and Sam's story was wonderful, but everything surrounding them turned to shit during 4 and 5. Pick up some salt and swallow it until your lungs burst, bitch.

I'll be honest with you user. If you watch til season 5 and stop like other anons are saying, you'll be left with a good taste in your mouth regarding the series.

BUT, if you can endure wading through the shitpiles of seasons 6-9, you'll eventually find a few golden nuggets in the most recent seasons.

>not liking the reflection of contrast and duality between Sam and Dean; hell and heaven
>not liking Lilith
>not liking Ruby
>not liking the seals
>not liking Yellow Fever aka one of the best MOTW episodes which features Eye of the Tiger
>not liking It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
>not liking The Monster At The End Of This Book
>not liking Chuck
>not liking Crowley
>not liking Changing Channels
>not liking the horsemen
>not liking DEATH aka the GOAT supporting supernatural character
>not liking Hammer of the Gods
Kys and Salt and burn your own remains

>let me list off some gay shit

Shut up, homosex

Agreed. I actually like the episode where they go into the alternate reality where they play themselves as actors in a tv show supernatural, it's mostly disliked though I imagine?

The first 2 seasons are definitely worth a watch no matter what. How far you go after that is up to you, but the season 5 finale is usually the cutoff point for most people. Rule of thumb: if Dean still has his hand-me-down leather jacket from John, the show is still good, because in a microcosm of what happened to the series itself the jacket prop got stolen by some crazy fangirl and never appeared again. It should be said that this show originally targeted the young male audience hard, but got completely dominated by weird tumblr chicks and at a certain point it became exceedingly clear that the tone of the show shifted to their tastes. The first and only truly good showrunner poked fun at them with characters like Becky and early stuff with Chuck, but after he was gone it started to become less and less ironic in pandering to them. Charlie's first appearance is the indisputable beginning of the end.

>in the middle of season 8
this is rough. you told me it gets better so you better not have lied

>no time to reply since he has 50 more cocks to suck before the day ends to reach daily quota
>let me just call him gay thatll show him

No make sure you keep watching. Somewhere along Sam gets beefed up and looks really good doing pull ups shirtless. He out does dean for a few seasons.

But then idk he just gets old and dean starts improving.

Lol goodluck, 9-10 is an even worse dip before 11 picks the pace up. Metatron's arc is completely pointless and should have been removed

This. S1-5 is all you need.

Ok so it's just arrow all over again first 3 are goat, then tumblr gets wet and the showrunners get worried and start to pander to the shippers. Although I am pleasantly surprised it's a lot better than I thought.

memetron is severely underrated as a villain. if the actor wasn't fat everyone would have loved him./

Season 4 opened like crazy though.

>Dean coming back from Hell
>looks like a giant explosion
>finds Sam
>demons are shit scared
>"Nobody just walks out of Hell, this shit is COSMIC"
>Castiel mentioned (fucking called it as angels right there)
>Eyes burning out
>"It's the end, it's all over..."
>Dean and Bobby summon Castiel
>storms begin
>doors blast open
>man walks in, walks straight through the devil's trap and every protection sigil they know without flinching
>ignores demon knife
>puts Bobby to sleep
>"This is your problem, Dean. You have no faith."
>wings silhouette
>"I raised you because God commanded it. We have work for you."

That opening was fucking goat.

I miss being excited about supernatural

It makes me happy to be seeing more Supernatural threads
Its gotten better as of late
>Season 6 is the biggest wasted opportunity Season with a lot of good ideas
>Season 7 is absolute shit I wanted more God Castiel
>Enjoyed the Prophet Kevin, Trauma Cas, Lucifer being back though
>Season 8 was alright but Dean refusing to let Sam go again infuriates me
>Season 9 couldnt pick its villain but Abaddon and Cain were cool, did not really mind memetron just did not care
>Ten bummed me out by getting rid of Demon Dean so fast
>Music episode was great
>So was Cain
>Season 11 better except for ending
>Season 12 has been great

My favorite scene from the show
>Im the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
>Thanks for that
>Stabs him

Spike user if this is you, I am the guy who was in the last thread. Watch 1-5. Dont listen to contrarians

>tfw he told Castiel to get out not because he didn't believe he was an angel, but because he didn't believe he deserved to be saved, that good things don't happen

Hell really fucked up Dean
Good acting on his part but watching Dean be way happier pre Hell is jarring

yeah when you rewatch s1-6 it's kinda nuts how well ackles does the character progression
and he can jump back to goof-ass happy at the switch of a button, like the ep where they are jammed into an alternate reality working for some big company

Dean being an alcoholic to the point of looking stoned in s7 was pretty fun especially with Jensen's acting though. And i rewatched 7, it actualy aged like wine for me

>Charlie's first appearance is the indisputable beginning of the end.

i don't think any form of media has made me feel spiritually ill before, but that episode did the trick real nice
>haha i am compooper progrommer nerd girl
>also have a TOUGH and a QUIRK and a DEPENDABL
>lov me pls

if you're already questioning things in S8 you are not going to make it through the next two with any ease

Im really intrigued why you like metatron. Why is this?

I thought his arc was a curve ball and was disconnected to the rest of the series. His episodes often butchered early lore. I thought he was more annoying than compelling. Or at least he was compelling in the first reveal as a big bad but after that it was just basically a rehash of the civil wars of season 6. The tablets and trials went nowhere, too

He had a hard run.

Honestly, one of the few scenes that I thought came closer to that first reveal of Castiel was in season 11 or whatever it was, near the end of the episode when everything was going to shit, Sam was infected and dead, Dean was desperately praying... and the amulet began glowing. And then suddenly, miraculously, everything changed, and you get the hope that maybe, just maybe, everything might be all right after all.

It is me user I think that's what I'm going to do or at least watch it till I naturally drop it but yes it's looking good so far better than I expected. Also no one told me Fred/root was in it

I remember when fangirls raged to have Jo written off when i thought Jo was the very image of fangirls
>like to emulate Dean
>had a crush on him
Stupid morons. Jo was bae

God had a very good appearance

Fred is such a bae. I remember Amy Acker being shocked to find out Supernatural was still going lol. That was about last year. If you don't mind beinf spoiled

Darla, the Mayor, Cordelia, Tara, Rack, and many others also guest star in Supernatural

And young Dean (Ridge Canipe) and John Winchester himself were in Angel

Its really well done
I watched the episodes really fast so it took me awhile to notice how much Dean got fucked up by hell
The groundshog day episode compared with Dean in any later season is shocking

Dean had a hard time season six-10
Huge betrayal
Alcoholism at its highest season 7
Bobby dies
Goes to purgatory
Cas betrays him again
Gets mark
Becomes Demon
Fights mark all season

>tfw Jo dies after wishing she'd taken up Dean's offer the night before
>that last kiss
Fuck I was mad.

Oh my God that fucking episode. Mystery Spot was so fun and depressing at the same time. Fuuuuck i need to rewatch the whole thing it seems. I'm always caught between catching up or starting over

if the spin off Wayward Sisters also takes off and doesn't die wew

Do it
Dean's rise and shine Sammy combined with Sam knowing everything Dean will say is worth it alone
>Sam Winchester cries during sex

it's a good analysis and i agree but once you watched 3 seasons you are already a fan and then season 4+5 will be okay to watch too

Abandon All Hope was fucking heavy man. I fucking hated meg that episode but at the same time also loved how she redeemed herself slowly until Goodbye Stranger. Jo and Ellen deserved better

Lol Heat of the Moment is playing off my Spotify right now

Season 7 almost broke him really. When you look at it the Leviathans really had the brothers on the run and deep underground. No homebase, no panic room, no Bobby, no help from demons, even angels were fleeing etc

Honestly I thought there weren't enough main arc episodes circa 4-5. The apocalypse is brewing and they have time to spend on small gigs? But anyway i still fucking love this series

Changing Channels GOAT episode

That would involve not watching The French Mistake, a fate I would not bestow on anyone

Nice will need to look out for them in angel I'm rewatching that to just now. Can't wait for cordially I'm always happy to see her,and kind of expected the mayor to be in it he is a good actor.

Dean should be illegal, he is far too good looking.

I liked him because he was a different type of villain. A weak-willed, slimy loser who got his hands on knowledge from god himself.

How many Supernatural villains were just "HURR I"M BIG AND BAD AND SUPER DUPER STRONG"? all of them. at least metatron was different, and interestingly enough not only did he fail but he acknowledged he was a failure.

also, the torture scene with him was kino.

I think the Leviathan were just missing one trait to make them truly great villains
Like if they could fly like they did in purgatory or absorbed whatever they ate. The idea of just super intelligent super hungry things that cannot die is interesting, but the fact that they cant see ghost and so Bobby could overpower Dick and cant teleport making there no reason Crowley could not send his army to kill them like he did hurts them. But objectively speaking they were effective in body counts and just how close they came to winning. I also loved Crowley winning everything at the end

Oh and this guy

>Nobody gets that mad unless this is over family. So tell us, which one are you?
>Gabriel.

The fact only one shapshifter stole his appearance is ridiculous to me
Its the first thing I would do if I was one

>The apocalypse is brewing and they have time to spend on small gigs?
That's another reason why "global" overarching storylines (as opposed to the personal ones, like finding John) were a bad idea. They make the monster-of-the-week episodes not make sense. You can say the same for any of the storylines post-season 3.

Also the budget for the show is just too small to do huge stories. All their monsters are just "humans, maybe with like a claw or spike or something", so you can't do giant world threatening stories well.

They did it in Season 5 because they kept it personal between the brothers, but since then they've had to have things seem so small scale. Like how you never see the true form of heaven or the angels, they only appear in human form.

I liked him but I wish there was consistency
I liked him being kind of a loser writer who just happened to have special powers because the universe's top power picked him for being close to the door
I just wish the writer thing was more emphasized
He loves to write and create stories and wants to do it with the universe, but the problem is he is a bad writer because he learned from God who in universe is a bad writer

youtube.com/watch?v=a5Lx5LWnHsA

Castiel does allude to it when somebody says he's smaller than his picture or something, and Castiel replies that his true form is approximately the size of the Chrysler building and would blast said human's eyes out to look at.

Well actually, Crowley for one was never truly powerful but he managed to weasel himself into hell's top spot. He did it by being crafty and being incredibly opportunistic

Lilith may be a powerful demon but she never was straight up using blunt force. She had Alastair as her muscle. Her true genius lies on the fact that she had all of demons fooled about her true mastermind plan with Ruby

So really, metatron isn't the first Big Bad not to rely on pure strength

The levis in purgatory flying and acting lie t-1000/apparating death eaters was fucking awesome but i agree they lacked a certain trait to make them feel more supernatural. They were very physical creatures. If they maybe tied them more to eve and gave them at least one more magical ability it would have worked wonders. But also i liked that they couldnt sniff ghosts. First, it made sense because they predated the human soul and it made the universe less of a ladder in terms of power gap but more rocks papers scissors

Its a bummer because Cas is apparently the size of the Chrysler building
My theory is that taking mortal forms make angels and other spirit creatures much weaker than they are in their own plane

>that S6 episode Weekend at Bobby's
>Bobby summons Crowley
>"You look like hammered shit."
>"Yeah, well, you know the problem with demons? They're fucking demons."

>All their monsters are just "humans, maybe with like a claw or spike or something"
Oh my god, yes. It's excusable with, say, vampires, but then they had that episode about dragons, and their """""dragons""""" just looked like regular dudes. Quite anti-climatic.

No, 4 and 5 was utter garbage and I regret not quitting the show earlier.

Wendigo's still my favourite episode. Best North American spooky creature by far.

That's what I mean, it's fine to mention his real form is beyond human comprehension and thus meatsuit, but then in later season you actually see angels in heaven with their war thing but it's only shown as humans in regular human rooms and gardens and shit (like that one angel who was imprisoned was literally in a human prison cell).

So you wonder why angels are appearing to each other in human form in heaven.

Also way too many things are killed by stabbing in this show now. Everything has some special knife or skewer that kills it in one hit.

I'm not talking about strength as in brute strength. Metatron was actually quite strong since he had arcane knowledge.

What I mean is that he's a loser and he knows it. Crowley and lilith were confidant and had a backbone. Metatron is kind of what would happen if you gave someone from /r9k/ superpowers.

Metatron acted different, and WAS different, than any other supernatural big bad.

I agree on the ghost part
Maybe taking advantage of the water thing would have worked better. Like a single one stays in a lake and it is basically the size of the lake like they are biblically for one episode
They could at anytime with just like three or four eat everything in the ocean they just dont want to kill the planet

>Also way too many things are killed by stabbing in this show now. Everything has some special knife or skewer that kills it in one hit.
It got to the point where I only really liked the ghost episodes, because it was the only time they didn't just shoot or stab whatever they were fighting.

This is the truth

Angels permanently ruined supernatural.