WHY EVEN LIVE?!

yes, i have them all the time

>women who aged like the finest wine

1990s Donna is a real bitch.

I miss old 1980s Donna...

>literally everyone else is having fun
>Donna is playing the real-life version of Cam's shitty game

Haha yeah.

Everyone was having a blast with the rockets (except one notable person)

Not worth watching after giant is released.

Them fucking Cameron over and stealing her company from her was a great arc.

>S1 - Kindo
>S2 - Gordon lobotomized, Joe emasculated
>S3 - ... sigh
>S4 - not bad so far

Joe's only in his prime when he's off dick.

>when you try to spell kino after a few drinks

Or you got the Gordon AIDS.

Having lived through the personal computer revolution, I thought it would be a good show full of (at least for me) nostalgia.

But it turned to shit pretty quick.

I mean, I can handle the same old "gamer girl misunderstood anger" trope. But I draw the line and the many MANY inaccuracies about the computer age.

Example: When the macintosh "speaks" and everyone is shocked in wonder. Voice synthesizers had been around and sold commercially for years.

hehe,

what were they thinking giving him brain AIDS btw?

Looks like they quickly dumped that development arc...

Were they in a commercial PC, tho?

Yep. Since the scene in this show takes place during the first release of the Mac, we're talking 1984.

Meanwhile, the TRS 80 had one in 1979, and I had one on my old TI computer in 82.

What made the mac big news was the use of pull-down windows and a mouse.

They stole it from Xerox, of course, but no one knew that at the time.

...is Joe going to fuck Haley and the waitress?

time to bone

Why are Donna scenes the worst?

joe realized haley is a lesbo

Donna is a dumb slut.

>Example: When the macintosh "speaks" and everyone is shocked in wonder. Voice synthesizers had been around and sold commercially for years.
Okay, but Apple was the first to use them in their boot sequence, which fills the series theme of making computers more than grey typing boxes.

As a show that's made by artists looking in rather than by engineers replicating art of course they're going to put feelz ahead of realz.
What's more is that it's a stronger show because of it.

Donna getting put in her place by Diane...

donna did nothing wrong.

she forced someone to quit, then tried to cover up cameron's code because she was too insecure to deal with her own insecurities

jesus, being joe is suffering. all he is trying to do is help and gordon nails him in worst place

I don't think so. They've been built into hardware since at least the Mattel Intellevision in 1982

And while Apple likes to claim that they were the first to have it integrated into the operating system of 1984, there are two problems with that...

1. Atari had it in 1983

2. The apple system required 512k to run it, but their systems only shipped with 128k standard.

The whole season was Cameron wanting to make a robot boyfriend, and Joe slowly warming up to the idea. You can't show it break his heart that Apple beat them out on this with a mouse and pull-down windows.

Forests > Trees.

The idea that apple impressed people in the 80s is kinda pure hogwash. As they were strugging/dying.

Ataris could say hello if you told them to say hello. They didn't out of courtesy every time you turned them on.

donna's sure been hitting the sauce

i hate you all because I love her so much

I love her so much but I don't want them to get back together

I want her to run away with me

To give credit where credit is due... the Apple ][ e was ground-breaking. Expensive as hell but groundbreaking.

But with the first clone stealing apple customers and the IBM PC hitting the market, they hit the skids.

Lisa was a total failure. But, after stealing everything from Xerox, they made a splash with the mac.

Are you sure? I never remember macs automatically talking when you started them up.

I know for a fact that my Mac Plus didn't.

My first recollection of any mandatory voice feedback was AOL with "You've got mail"

donna's drunk driving, rut row

the hubris episode for donna

rip in piss donnaroni

>series opens with Donna bailing drunk Gordon out of jail
>now Gordon bails out Donna

POTTERY!

mmm nothing like your first dui to get you while you're down

I know they had it say hello during the first demo, but that wasn't part of the boot, that was a program they had it run at startup for the demo

youtube.com/watch?v=8bepzUM1x3w

>itt fags bitch about artistic license because everyone now uses iphones

I think the big deal was adaptive software synthesizer rather than hard-coded words.

i used to have the same voice synth that was used in wargames. Got it off some random BBS, called 'tron' lol

Not true.

Apple made the same mistake with their phones as they did during the OS wars.

As a result, Android is eating their lunch

The words weren't hard coded, but the phonetics were.

I know on my TI it would try to translate the written word based on language rules (not hard coded words).

Sometimes you had to intentionally mis spell words to get it to pronounce them right.

Either way. Speech was no more a big deal then than it is now.

It was a novelty that wore off pretty quick.

thats exactly how voice synth works to this very day

its the beginning of the end my dudes

Dropped it like half way through the first season. I wanted to like it, but it's just shit.

first season was great though, nothing wrong with that one. season 2 they ran out of tech and started adding soap opera melodrama.

It was just smart people written by dumb people and forced conflicts.

so haley go full lesbo, donna is going to get back with gordon, joe and cam will break up because joe doesn't get to be happy.

This show is setting it up to go back to where it all began it looks like. Shitty

>Either way. Speech was no more a big deal then than it is now.
Which they even showed way earlier when Donna was fiddling with their kid's spelling toy.

So again from Joe's perspective it wasn't it talked, it's that it said hello.

It's like pottery. It rhymes.

Yeah, I didn't find that to be too rough in s1. Definitely s2+ though.