I'm literally three minutes into this and I already feel like turning it of...

I'm literally three minutes into this and I already feel like turning it of. Is the rest of it as much of a faggy cringefest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WA9lfxbaHvk
spreaker.com/show/ciaran-wests-show
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It gets better from that initial music video segment

just skip the time when baby is alone or with his gf, its worthless, worse than a videoclip for a bad song

It's objectively great. I loved the Cornetto ones, hated Scott Pilgrim, loved this. It's just... cool?

Did they make him look like Elliot on purpose?

it aint great

I want to punch this faggot in the face. What is it even trying to be? A comedy? Also who the fuck brings a Subaru WRX to a heist?

ITT Sup Forums

If only Darling was 12 years old, you'd have loved it.

to me it felt like a movie Lynch would make if he made a blockbuster
the cuts and transitions almost evoke a sense of surrealism, like there's no consistent timeline present and you're really just seeing some glimpses of someone's imagination
I was honestly surprised by this movie considering the director made that Cornetto garbage

her being hot was the only good thing about the movie

Turned it off after the first five minutes last night. Watched mystic river for the first time instead. Couldn't stand the cringe of it trying to be artsy

should have replaced the music with eurobeat,
much more energy and the movie would be an instant classic for all ricers and weebs

>
my god i just want to punch his face, "look how quirky I am"

>I'm literally three minutes into this and I already feel like turning it of. Is the rest of it as much of a faggy cringefest?

Just keep browsing and posting as you "watch," maybe look up when it gets loud or something. Then shitpost about how bad it wad for the next two years.

No, that's the cringiest scene, but if you were expecting a fun action heist movie, you're gonna be disappointed.

Or not. For $10 I forced myself to get into the story. It's not bad.

>implying Sup Forums didn't obsess over lily adams in the paul dano kino war & peace

deleted it straight away

i'm too old for this shit

She plays the Salma Hayek character in the Dusk til Dawn TV show. Good casting.

Also you are wrong. The premise and the execution were great, as was Jon Hamm's patriotic hairstyle.

i mean james
fuck this i'm killing myself

She was so good at White Trash in this I thought it was the dishwasher girl from Ozark.

I watched this for the first time earlier tonight and I swear I nearly wrote it off in the first ten minutes, how fucking badly did Wright want to put off his audience? I went in semi-blind and thought it was going to have music in the background of every damn scene and not be remotely serious with the graffiti matching the lyrics to the song, the long take full of over-choreographed extras and all the Scott Pilgrim tier colour and over-characterisation shit

But then after that it pulled itself together, the changing dynamics of the characters was cool, and when action was choreographed to the music it wasn't a fraction as obnoxious as the introductory scenes

Probably won't watch it again, but it was okay overall. Maybe Wright didn't know what to do without making the beginning foreshadow the rest of the film super obviously.

Uhh so what was up with the guy in the 2nd heist? Did they just drop a plot line where they got set up? Or did a random bystander wait at the bank all day for them to rob it then whip out automatic weapons and chase them all over the freeway

the fuck was that

Like every Edgar Wright movie it's going to be completely forgotten in two years, nobody will even remember this exists. Then again it's not exclusive to Wright, but most movies from the past two decades.

>DAE running in the 90s? XD

DUDE THE MUSIC LINES UP WITH THE EDITING LMAO

Wright is such a fucking hack

I wondered the same thing

who brings a fucking challenger?

the best way would be to bring a fast, well turning, really regular car. a modded camry or something. then wrap it, bring another plate, and once you evade for long enough take the wrap off and put on a new plate

I thought he was the tip-off guy for some reason

there was some throw-away line about him being a good samaritan who decided to chase them down and get into a high-speed gunbattle with four criminals for some reason

Yeah they called him "soldier boy" for some reason

this movie is pure shit. the guy is/was military and i guess he just has a fucking sub machine gun for his concealed carry. it's stupid

were you not paying attention? i think they showed his dog tags or maybe he had a veteran hat on i don't remember this garbage shit. i do remember that they showed he was military

LE SOCIAL COMMENTARY ON AMERICAN GUN CULTURE

Sup Forums can't watch a movie for fun. It's not Drive 2.

It was alright but seriously tho

Why the fuck does Kevin Spacey help Baby at the end of the movie, after he's fucked up his entire operation. Just because he scored a decent chick?

>he fell for the Edgar Wreddit meme

the movie had a major problem with characterization. who was the anatagonist? there was jamie foxx, whose motivations were "crazy asshole who just doesn't like baby." ther ewas john hamm, who was his bro up until his girl got killed, then he becomes the main bad guy, I guess. kevin spacey's character was completely scattered. was he supposed to be good? bad? why does he help baby at the end?

ok movie with major problems

yeah this ruined the movie for me

Love that Ansel is a pokemon fag, manchilds unite

he turned into a different character
the "seeing them together and in love" shit makes no sense because he had already seen them together.

to be fair, there was ZERO chemistry between those two actors

It gets better. The first 10 minutes feel like a musical but the rest of the film is more subdued.

Why are Americans confused by this? All my bong friends accepted it coz he's a yank so why wouldn't he have a gun

Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the dead are not forgotten nor will they ever be

>the rest of the film is more subdued.
it's not. the flick gets progressively more terrible and culminates in some of the worst scenes i've ever seen with the whole buddy conflict

>Characters aren't black and white good guy/bad guy archetypes and they act in unexpected ways like real people
>Major problems

The first scene is great though.

>some of the worst scenes i've ever seen
You shitposters need to lay off the hyperbole. If you seriously think Baby Driver has some of the worst scenes in the history of cinema then either you're retarded or you've watched less than 50 films in your entire life.

Just do something else while you watch, that way it will be less painful

Thanks for reminding me that I have this on pause for the last few hours.

This film fucking sucked. Just a laughably bad crime love story.
>normies in the theater were literally groaning at the diner scenes
So bad.

there's a difference between "complex characters that act in expected ways" and "poorly written characters that don't make any sense"

lol gay

...Anonymous
09/24/17(Sun)13:59:43 No.88133004
nothing felt fleshed out enough

not the romance between baby and the waitress
not the thing between hamm and his gf
jamie foxx's character?? who the fuck was he
spacey's character?? who the fuck was he

baby was fleshed out - we had the scenes of the car crash with his parents, his foster dad, the mixtapes, why he wears headphones all the time.. but other than that, no characters were fleshed out. they were just literal who's that you didnt care about

i went in blind and really liked it
the first synced with the music getting the coffee scene was a little bit too much for me but otherwise it was great

what's funny is the almost Direct to Online Movie WEB-DL movie "The Hitman's Bodyguard" addresses this

and that has meme actors Jackson and Reynolds

I dont know why people in the rest of this thread are saying hes military etc

Im probably wrong since I tuned out a lot of exposition but in my own headcanon, he's a plainclothes security guard shadowing the armored truck

Lots of companies do this
Would make sense why he's carrying a semi-auto

I feel like the backlash is actually from normalfags here. You're telling me you've never done this before? Maybe not as extreme and visual but when you're in your car you never do stupid shit alone? Too damaging to your social standing? Maybe your a narcissist and any too different is le cringe

It was an automatic

For me (nowhere near normie but not weeb overweight uggo) it just reminds me of myself when I was a teen, being a spastic loner (who sometimes spilled the speghetti).

In all honesty though, they miscasted Jamie Foxx and Hamm (distracting), didn't have a consistent antagonist, also had weird motivations for characters out of the blue, and relatively had poor pacing between acts.

I also really didn't like the intro scene too. Played itself too cool right away. Luckily I had some restraint to carry through. That and I thought I was going insane by hearing the tinnitus ringing effect before the music kicked in by the intro credits; I was like "shit did I get a crap webdl copy or is my audio setup giving me feedback or some shit?"

the opening music and driving scene are literally the best part of the movie actually.

Nah but that actor is a half-jewish bastard just like that Rodgers guy, fucked up genetics tend to look similarily shitty (see for example hamitic inbred niggers from somalia, they all got those really distinctively fucked up cheekbones and lower jaw)

it was fun
I had fun watching it
check mate Sup Forums

youtu.be/WA9lfxbaHvk
true but it dips down again multiple times

spreaker.com/show/ciaran-wests-show

haha nice try Sup Forums, but you will not ruin this movie for me

For real though, I loved that they actually put effort in making the music one with the video. Reminds me a bit of Guardians of the Galaxy, just better. Jamie Foxx was annoying to watch in the movie and Kevin Spaceys character is weird. As someone said, makes no sense he suddenly helped Baby when just a few minutes after he threatened his gf's life.

I got drunk with Ansel in high school, we both went to Laguardia

cool guy desu

Only honest post in this thread by someone who has touched a clit outside of VR.

I also went to LaGuardia, for acting. I was a grade above him.

Ansel once told a friend of mine's gf that her back looked so good in her dance leotard that he wanted to cum on it. I imagine he is cumming on plenty of backs these days.

It's trash, I don't understand the hype.

Everything about it was so cliche and the lines

>cumming on plenty of backs
I was gonna say "but he's been dating the same girl since hs" and then lol'd at myself.

..the lines were dogshit

he was a veteran you retard

What did she say?

I liked it. Also hated Reddit Pilgrim. The funny thing about it was the whole job-turned-bad was Kevin Spacey's fault. If he hadn't been a retard and put Batts on in the first place he would've been okay

>scrawny white kid with perfect complexion
>gets sent to prison in georgia

Probably got raped so bad it made the room stink.