*cough*

*cough*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ingram#Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Millionaire.3F_scandal
express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/554014/Leo-McKinstry-investigates-coughing-major-won-TV-quiz-show
youtube.com/watch?v=nzNMCXWCZzQ
thedollop.net/wp/episode-55-smollop/
youtube.com/watch?v=XrEdFdMHf-w
youtube.com/watch?v=lGYk2h0j1vE
youtube.com/watch?v=4w-jxs2KE4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont want a cookie

He should be locked up for what he did.

GARMONBOZIA

He was the dumbest fuck in the world.
Instead of just keeping his speculation vague until he heard the cough, he fucking started saying shit like "I'm pretty confident it's C" and then immediately doing a complete 180 when he heard the cough for D or whatever.

A semi intelligent person would've gotten away with it easily.

What happened?

Nevermind I looked it up.

For those who don't know:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ingram#Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Millionaire.3F_scandal
It was a big scandal in its day.

express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/554014/Leo-McKinstry-investigates-coughing-major-won-TV-quiz-show

>The TV production company Celador, suspicious about his bizarre path to victory, took back the £1million cheque and launched an investigation.

>Soon afterwards the Ingrams were arrested on charges of deception, along with their alleged accomplice Tecwen Whittock, a college lecturer and quiz show veteran.

>During a four-week trial at Southwark Crown Court in October 2003 the prosecution argued that the trio had concocted a simplistic plot to cheat their way to a million pounds.

>The essence of their scheme required Whittock, who was another contestant on the show that week and therefore sitting near the main stage, to indicate the correct answer to each question by a distinctive cough if the stumbling major seemed to be in trouble.

>All three were found guilty by the jury and given suspended prison sentences in addition to heavy fines. Subsequent legal appeals failed.

>Ingram might have escaped prison but his reputation was shattered.

>Having been forced to leave the army in disgrace he has struggled to earn a living ever since.

>At one point he and his wife were declared bankrupt and an attempt to become a best-selling novelist ended in predictable failure.

>Ingram has revealed that such was his distress in the aftermath of the trial he even contemplated suicide. But throughout this saga the Ingrams have always maintained their innocence.

What the fuck, all this over a quiz show?

You mean all this over a million dollars

We Game Show kino now?
youtube.com/watch?v=nzNMCXWCZzQ

Ouch, will he ever find redemption?

Dey took 'er

I-Is it Megatron?

He cut off three of his toes while mowing his lawn in 2010

*smirks in millionaire*

Top fucking kek, I shouldn't laugh, but that is just quite the plot twist.

>always maintained their innocence.

And for that, I'll forever say fuck these guys. There are such weird scammers in this fucking country. Anyone remember the canoe man?

>look him up on wikipedia
>"Charles William Ingram (born 6 August 1963) is an English criminal and former British Army major..."

pretty harsh labeling him a criminal for cheating on a pleb gameshow

>dollars
Pounds, the only currency that matters.

Great episode of The Dollop about this. Fucking amazing.
thedollop.net/wp/episode-55-smollop/

You cucks got me curious about this show so I looked at the wiki with all the winners. The earlier final questions from 00's were so hard I couldn't answer any of them but when I got to the current year...

>I'll forever say fuck these guys
imagine caring

The Pannenkoek of game shows

Holy fuck, that would make a great kino

lmao what a meme world

you know he's jewish, on his mother's side? (basically full jew)

it's true look it up

>cheat in a fucking gameshow
>get assraped in court
Jesus christ britbongistan, calm down its just TV

That guy was so rightfully smug.

And prison.

well to be fair he was trying to essentially steal over 10 billion dollars

SWEDEN YES

youtube.com/watch?v=XrEdFdMHf-w

This nigger was innocent and it was a total set up, the other cunt coughs through al the other answers too but they only showed him doing it on the right ones.

Where is this from? I want to see the questions.

>Top 10 overpowered anime characters.

isn't that only like 10000 usd

That was seriously the million dollar question?

He didn't go to prison.

isn't that the question of the day?

who cares. i was reading the wiki page on it and the guy made more than double what he would have won on the show from his book. things worked out for the best except when he slipped on an apple while mowing the lawn and cut his toes off

>In September of 2010 Ingram accidentally slipped on an apple whilst mowing the lawn and sliced off three of his toes.

That's hilarious, man. Karma works in mysterious ways.

A contest is a contract. Contestants can sue if there is some type of scam involved.

B. Water flow, final answer

WAIT

I came back just to see if someone had said this.

Hmmm, help me out here, Sup Forums

>spend hours studying and mastering the game
>is punished by studying and mastering the game
also YOU lost The Game.

>At one point he and his wife were declared bankrupt and an attempt to become a best-selling novelist ended in predictable failure.

wait for a 2018 shows
>which of these is a dank meme
>netflix and chill
>aggie
>savage
>pepe

>recorded 9 and 10 September 2001
As if it couldn't be any worse

That cannot be real.

C: Mare-men. Final answer.

Man-colters.
Final answer.

youtube.com/watch?v=lGYk2h0j1vE

> In September of 2010 Ingram accidentally slipped on an apple whilst mowing the lawn and sliced off three of his toes.

You realise to normies 'cuckold' is an archaic and obscure word? Prior to its fetish usage and then its meme usage it was generally only found in medieval and renaissance literature

*deliberately picks the wrong answer*

Is Who Wants to be a Millionaire just a game of luck?
I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

havent seen this in a while

Haven't seen this in a while. Cheers, user.

>However, the police found the answer to question number 12, regarding the artist who painted The Ambassadors, in a hand-written general knowledge book at his home

how the fuck can that be considered evidence of anything?

Are you assuming that the questions work as "what is the right choice -1, 2, 3 or 4?"
If you know stuff it's easier, of course the more specific it gets the less likely it'll be that you'll be knowledgeable about that field

oh it's the british version, no wonder nobody knows what the thread is about

>there's 33.34%

No, it's 25%. What the fuck are you talking about. Phone a Friend by no means increases your chances to 95%.

All this is such bullshit.

good post.

>All this is such bullshit.
No shit. It's pasta. Look at how the probability was calculated.

most of the questions are just geography and history, I would end up winning one of those shit games, unless there's math, fucking hate match

Jesus Christ, he's just a turbo autist who figured out how to win a game show and they're acting like he's Ted Bundy

Billy Quizboy and Pete White strike again.

Swecuck here. I had never seen the word hanrej(=cuckold) until this thread. Which is funny because the English word cuck is really gaining traction as an insult here .

Hoofer? I barely even know her!

>Hey let me ask you something if I think its either Madrid or Lisbon and if I pick 50/50 its not going to say Madrid or Lisbon is it?
>picks 50/50
>Its madrid and lisbon

youtube.com/watch?v=4w-jxs2KE4s
Norm is goat in everything hes in

Why his ex-wife, brother and everyone in there talk shit on this guy? He didn't even cheat, he was just smart.

A million pounds, which at the time was much more than a million dollars

That feels like something off of Kaiji.