Rebels 3.09: "An Inside Man"
Star Wars Annual #2

>Rebels 3.09: "An Inside Man"
mega.nz/#!EAUyiZTT!JiuwDu0q2xSBkbypMQkVun7I88x4xb4PQuhb69GM0JA

>Rebels Recon #3.08: "The Wynkahthu Job"
youtube.com/watch?v=UqxnQZDRF4g

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRcc48GmXd0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

recon when?

What is she, /swco/?

After the episode actually airs.

Her suffering makes me sad.

V>VII>IV>III>VI>I>II
Fite me. Rogue one will probably come after IV.

The Cum Dumpster on Easy Street.

Fuck off

Cute.

Surprisingly more than I was expecting

Don't worry, this guy knows just what she needs

Yoda looks good in AOTC.

>implying movie rankings are any more cancerous than the same "what is she" waifu fag at the start of every thread

Literally a million-fold improvement over TPM

>>implying movie rankings are any more cancerous than the same "what is she" waifu fag
Yes, they are.
Much more.
Because they go on and on all thread.

Will you people waifu everybody?

is there a 1080 rip yet?

>Oh wow, I was just trying to blow off his balls, I didn't think it would kill him. I feel terrible now.

Ffs, just look at the way Pryce stares at Thrawn. She desperately wants that bbc.

Why is the Star Wars Universe so technologically stagnant?

they hit the plateau

Thrawn looks like simpsons james woods.

Maybe she should look into body paint if she wants to get his attention

They keep collapsing into gigantic civil wars.

Although the Old republic is no longer canon, so really you can't use that as basis to show the progression of tech anymore

Only if they have BIG HATS.

Actual technological advances are either too expensive to implement or hampered by Imperial meddling.

Prototype cloak ships, for example, were implemented in the Clone War but there were no plans to commercialize them.

What color are you thinking of?

Please say yellow or orange.

>Prototype cloak ships, for example, were implemented in the Clone War but there were no plans to commercialize them.
Probably a good thing, you don't want that random pirates and smugglers being able to easily get their hands on stuff like that

Thrawn will not attracted to just one color. She will need to turn her body into a work of art.

The people who would have invented iPads and shit keep dying when insane space wizards and angry space rednecks destroy a bunch of planets every hundred years.

Best episode of the season. We know when Thrawn strikes it's going to be devastating. I think he's finally pieced the Rebels will be striking Lothal combined and fuck them up. We know Sato and his nephew may be casualties maybe Rex or chopper too.

Anyone else think Kallus is a double agent? I mean the objectives for secret police are to infiltrate organizations but he does seem genuinely disgusted with the Empire at this point. But he kicked a man under his command to his death and was gleeful about killing traitors.

Good point.

This is a literal EU invention. Prequel to OT showed significant advancements in technology. Also, the Old Republic period that had terribly slow hyperdrive to the point they couldn't colonize the outer rim.

I feel like that was the Empire's reason for doing so, and likely the Republic's as well.

Really, Star Wars doesn't go into much detail about the nature of it's setting. It's very focused on the conflicts themselves, which is why I love and hate it simultaneously. For example, we're never really going to see a full depiction of the economic and social forces which drive technological innovation, if for the fact that depicting those things is really fucking hard. GRRM does a pretty good job in ASOIAF of taking these things into account, but even he has to take shortcuts because you need to fucking write the plot as well.

>We know Sato and his nephew may be casualties maybe Rex or chopper too.

Sato, maybe. His nephew? Nah. Maybe if they weren't broadcasting on a Disney channel.

As for Rex, I think they'd go with the Vader treatment should they decide to kill him off.

When this baby hits 190 mph you're gonna see some serious shit

I think Thrawn will turn Kallus into an unintentional one. Feed him information which find its way to the Rebels, only for it to be used to lure instigators into a trap.

>full depiction of the economic and social forces which drive technological innovation
>GRRM does a pretty good job in ASOIAF of taking these things into account
Were you on crack when you read those books by any chance?

They went from a battle station that can blow up a single planet it's orbiting to a battle station that can destroy an entire system of planets from across the galaxy in ~35 years.

That's some technological progress.

>a battle station that can destroy an entire system of planets from across the galaxy
no that's bad writing

It can be two things!

>Rex
I have very little faith for it, but I'd still like to see Clonebowl for the end of the Fett Template.

No, I legitimately believe this. As both a history researcher and somebody with a burgeoning interest in popular culture, I think that GRRM did a good fucking job sketching out his society and taking into account how emerging mercantilism/overseas trade plays into Westerosi society.

I'm getting a little triggered, but I'm going to try and stop getting butthurt by asking why exactly you think they were terrible? His focus on the importance of trade was pretty well done.

tooshey

>for the end of the Fett Template
Rex will survive until RotJ.

Filoni is dead set on wanting him to be Santa

>but I'd still like to see Clonebowl for the end of the Fett Template.

A Clownbowl can't end the Fett template because Kix is still alive during the ST era.

But a confrontation between Rex and Cody would be very cool.

stream when?

>but I'd still like to see Clonebowl for the end of the Fett Template
You know more clones other than Rex and Cody exist prior to ESB, right?

STREAM NOW

It's that time for the Dash Keikaku and Recon debriefing.

stop projecting, you want the bbc

Never, Canderous was arrested this morning, he's being taken to Gitmo

>Filoni is dead set on wanting him to be Santa

I think Dave knows it can't work though. Nick is not old enough (physically) to be Rex.

Also I doubt Rex, who'd be the most qualified person to lead the mission and probably has more military and field experience than anyone in the rebellion, would be put under the command of a smuggler.

I can never tell if Filoni's just teasing fans or actually dropping a hint.

Obviously not, I mean, only COMPLETE AMATEURS would make a mistake like that.

>Implying Gitmo can hold a Kazakh national

It's okay, they will send her to the main Rebels base where the spiders will abduct her as their new queen. They used up their last one.

But that would be gay user.

Not EVERYONE can be Umbara.

>Nick is not old enough (physically) to be Rex
I disagree, I think he's pretty close and Rex is only ~3 years until that point in time.

>would be put under the command of a smuggler
That smuggler is also a General of the Alliance. Its also probable that Rex doesn't want a command position.

>dropping a hint
I'm pretty sure he will canonize it when Rebels reaches that point, likely in season 6 (to represent it taking place in the Episode 6 timeline).

Supposedly the energy blast of the starkiller base is capable of accesing something similar to hyperpace in order to reach worlds lightyears away. It's a pretty neat concept, and I hated the use of the starkiller base in TFA.

Hyperlightspeed weapon.

yeh.... faggot

>I disagree, I think he's pretty close and Rex is only ~3 years until that point in time.
Closer to 6 years. We're what, 2 years from ANH at this point? ANH to ESB is 3 years, ESB to ROTJ is 1 year. So that's a good 12 years of aging for Rex.

>ANH to ESB is 3 years
Is there any source to that?

It's just that GRRM barely touches on the subject the way you described it. He might mention a thing or two here and there but its hardly anything at all.

You are of course free to convince me otherwise. What economic and social forces are present in a significant way in ASOIAF and how do they?

No idea if it's been officially recanonized as three years, but it was mentioned as three years in the original novelization and everyone's used that as the basis ever since.

The Wook still has it as three years after ANH in the article for ESB, but there's no citation- probably because it's considered common knowledge at his point.

>and how do they drive technological innovation?
silly mistake

muh dragons

>Rex is only ~3 years until that point in time.

More like six. We're still two years away from the events of ANH, and RoTJ takes place 4 years after ANH. By the time of RoTJ, Rex will physically be 70 years old. He'd be too decrepit to be in the field.

>That smuggler is also a General of the Alliance.

I recognize that. But even still, I think the alliance would realize Rex would be a far more better choice if he was able given his background and assign him instead of some (general or not) smuggler jackoff.

>I'm pretty sure he will canonize it when Rebels reaches that point

I don't. I think Dave really wishes it could happen. But the man isn't stupid and has put aside things he would like to happen because he realizes it wouldn't work.

Like the Darksaber being Mandalorian Iron, Bane and Revan as Force Ghosts on Mortis, Vader vs Maul on Malachor.

Look at this bullshit! STORMTROOPERS WITH LIGHTSABERS!? George would have never allowed this shit! It's an elegant weapon for a more civilized age, the tool of a Jedi, not some Imperial thugs! I'm calling the new President!

They are. There's not guarantee it's even a waifufag anymore, and the threads aren't spammed with the green weird chick even.

RECON NAO

I'm just saying user, I think the force is with me on this one.

>watching all the movies in order
>see Alderaan at the end of ROTS
>see i blown up at the beginning of ANH

Alderaan's design in ROTS is so damn good that it makes you feel more for the planet.
Not to mention Bail's big role in the back half of ROTS.

I think there's an argument for chronological order instead of release order.

>Nah. Maybe if they weren't broadcasting on a Disney channel.
Disney has never shyed away from cold blooded murder of people. I mean Musafa was trampled to death and Bambey's mother was shot and bled out. They did execute Ezra's parents too.

Forewarning: arguments of this nature are always going to be TL:DR

I would argue that his consideration of how economic forces such as the Iron Bank's influence on the politics of King's Landing is one such example. There is admittedly a major difference here: whether or not these are explicitly incorporated into the plot versus incorporating the effects and consequences of long-term economic decisions into the plot. For example: nobody's going to have an explicit conversation about the long-term effects of supply or demand on King's landing, but at several points Tyrion makes observations about food prices and the increase of whores. That's the sort of attention to detail I'm talking about when I say "GRRM is a thoughtful writer who incorporates these issues into his writing".

So in terms of larger-scale economics, one reason why I enjoy his works and consider them to be well-fleshed out is that he makes an effort to describe the economic effect of Iron Bank loans on the war effort, Old Town's position as a trading hub, and the consequences of Dany disrupting the trade route.

In terms of technological and/or social developments, admittedly there's a bit less to talk about. GRRM does make an effort to describe different sailing methods and the long-term effect of living with certain resources: one favorite example is how weirwood is demystified in the book: it's a Westerosi export used as an exotic wood in the construction of the House of Black and White. Another example would be how Wildlings live beyond the wall and their inability to form long-term settlements.

Admittedly though, GRRM isn't a speculative writer: he does not make plots out of thought experiments. You'll never get the sort of thought-out scenario like in speculative sci-fi.

Rate your Rogue One hype on a scale from 1 - 10.

Rogue...Rogue One

How? Thrawn pretty much said to Kallus "I'm watching you and waiting for you to fuck up". Kallus can't be this retarded to walk into a trap. He knows no matter what he does he's fucked.

Come on, how come no one is talking about the episodes reveal?

>Pablo is evolving!

4-5

>Hyped for Mads Mikkelsen to do someting
>Not hyped for the weeks of bitching

Regardless if I think it rocks or sucks, dealing with other Star Wars fans will be interesting to say the least.

Was that a TIE Defender? Cause if Thrawn has TIE/Ds everyone is about to get their asses kicked.

>I think the force is with me on this one.

And I think you don't know the power of the Dark Side.

And by the Dark Side, I mean probability based on established facts.

Fucking Clancy Brown.

6.5--7. Looks better than the force awakens. Plus I like the idea of a story that bridges the gap between the clone wars era and the OT.

Lack of creativity from the writers.

What do you mean?

Matt is a qt.

Seven. I don't think if I'm excited because I think it's gonna be good, I kinda think it could go either way, I'm just excited because it's Star Wars, and I think it'll be super cool to see OT stuff rendered in HD with today's technology, and to see Tarkin and Vader return in full ANH mode.

Oh no. Clancy Brown is doing all the fucking here.

Facts have no power anymore user. Memes are the new age.

All it will take is one clickbait article.

Well that's not supposed to happen.

It's just my opinion that no matter what happens with the new canon it's going to infuriate pretty much any hardcore fan. Not even for the same reasons, I'm just pretty sure nobody's going to be happy.

Watch all of TCW in chronological order before watching RotS and it makes the movie a lot better.

Personally what I did was watch the original Clone Wars cartoon up to right when the implied sex scene in the second volume (right before they're on the rainy planet), then switch over to TCW and watch all of that in chronological order, then switch back to CW and pick up where you left off and then go into RotS.

Pablo said that the entirety of Revenge of the Sith takes place over the course of a few days. How is that possible? I always thought it took place over several months.

>The Iron Bank
True, it's mentioned a few times as having great power and influence. Still it's more of an offscreen bogeyman. GRRM never actually show us the Iron Bank using the economic forces said to be at its disposal. It never has a real impact on the world.

>Old Town's position as a trading hub, and the consequences of Dany disrupting the trade route.
Also just something mentioned offhand.

>incorporating the effects and consequences of long-term economic decisions into the plot
>In terms of technological and/or social developments [...]
What I recall from the Lore is that Westerosi social structure has been frozen for thousands of years. With Lannisters and other families having the same station and lands for millennia.

The world progresses and revolves around magic and drama. Doom of Valyria? Magic. Civil war in the 7 Kingdoms? Drama. Dany becoming a great warlord? Magic.

It's nice to see him not play a villain for once, or at least a character who doesn't have a real dickish side like Mr Krabs.

Days makes more sense than months.

>>Rebels
>>Anything Imperial posing any kind of threat