So why wasn't he there when tommy lee jones opened the door

so why wasn't he there when tommy lee jones opened the door

he was standing there

This is how I understand it. The money is in 114, and Llewlyn died in 112. The doorknob was blown out of 112 and you could see both the sheriff and anton looking at the doorknob hole for the light to be obstructed.

But the sheriff opens the door and there is no one there. why

i think they happened hours apart, tommy seen the screws and knew he was there hours prior.

this always confused me too but i was too lazy to rewind

Anton Chigurh was the Sheriff the whole time.

>blinked when they showed Moss die
>thought it was just some random mexican dude who died
>had no clue what the fuck was happening the rest of the film

underrated

>thinking Anton was real

People really didnt pay attention.

Am I literally the only real kinomancer on this board?

I had to rewind, because I wasn't sure if it was Moss or not. It was pretty odd to only show the protagonists corpse for a split second from a distance away.

Anton stole the mexicans

He knew he was waiting for him and dipped.

in the shot before he entered the room you could see two doors - it was basically a coin toss for tommy lee jones and he chose correctly (anton was in the other room)

Maybe the real Anton was the friends we made along the way.

God I hate this post-modern worthless nihilistic fucking trash.

>It was pretty odd to only show the protagonists corpse for a split second from a distance away.
No, it makes perfect sense within the context of the movie. Coenkino

Back to Sup Forums

It was meant to show how easily you can get killed IRL and be seen as nothing but another corpse

Moss imagined him there, hoping for that moment that would most likely kill him, that would justify his being a sheriff and martyr like his father.

so did he kill the guy's wife?

THERE AIN'T NO LOBOS

Perhaps

Anton was hiding and the sheriff had a bad feeling so he didn't search the place

the money was just out in some grass by the road across the border. Nobody ever found it except Woody Harrelson and Chigurh killed him before he retrieved it

anton learned from the last motel that llewlyn did the money vent trick. anton enters the other locked room the same way, blowing the door out
basically what
said.

Yack Spahrrow

>Moss
>protagonist

uh isn't anton behind the door in the hotel room when he opens it? i thought for sure you can see him

Because Anton is already gone.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Ultimo hombre, last man standing. Their must've been one.

go hang out with a bunch of 65 year old truck drivers then you miserable twat

Yeah, this is it.

It wasn't just the imagination of the sheriff and that Anton wasn't there. The sheriff never knew what Anton actually looked like, so what we see is the actual Anton behind the door of the adjacent room.

Exactly. Think about the title. Think about why the movie (and book) go on for a good while after Moss dies.

Pleb detected

Well in the film hes arguably the protagonist, that or there are two
In the book bell is more central because of how much monologuing he does

>had to rewind
>didn't see it in a theater on release
why are you here?

two doors, aye but only one had the doorknob missing. The sheriff and the killer were both looking at a door with no doorknob.

Rewatch the scene. Both of the doors still have a knob, just the lock is blown out. It is hard to tell if both locks are gone or only one.

yes, but it was the guy's fault

50/50 chance.
But seriously, you see him check his shoes. He did that before after he killed a guy. She's probably dead.

Anton ended up getting it in the book, even after he killed Carson. I thought it was implied he managed to do it in the movie as well, since he wouldn't waste his time tying up loose ends (killing CJ) if he was still racing other parties to find millions of dollars.