Am I the only person that doesn't care the X-men are out of MvC4?

Am I the only person that doesn't care the X-men are out of MvC4?

I think its kinda fitting that during the X-men's peak as a franchise they dominated VS series and now that Avengers are the center of pop culture, they dominate the VS series.

I mean shit, it took 5 games for Thor to be playable and another revision for Hawkeye to be playable. MvC2's roster was bullshit in all honest. Fucking Bone Claw Wolverine, Marrow and Cable were the only Marvel additions.

Who do you think they'll reveal tonight on ESPN2?

Probably Cap and Morrigan.

I don't mind the X-Men not being dominant over the Marvel half of the roster anymore. If anything, I welcome it. MvC2 in particular was oversaturated with X-Men characters.

At the same time, though, it feels wrong to not have 2 or 3 X-Men characters, though (especially Wolverine, seeing as he's had perfect attendance throughout the whole series, all the way back to Children of the Atom). This is why I'm hoping the rumors of no X-Men characters being in the game at all are untrue.

Don't know about the X-Men but I always found weird that the Marvel vs Capcom games ignored the Fantastic Four.

That's because the series has never gone up to 4v4 combat (and because of technical limitations regarding the Human Torch in MvC3's development). If we're getting any F4 characters at all in MvC Infinite, it'll be Doctor Doom (and MAYBE Super-Skrull).

Yup, and not only the F4 but also Daredevil, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Elektra.

I'm a bit miffed, but you do make a good point. The MCU characters are far, far better known now than the X-Men, so I think even if there wasn't a conscious X-Men anti-push we wouldn't be seeing many of them compared to the Avengers.
Well, Ben and Johnny are generic as fuck in terms of power-set, and Sue's powers would be tricky to implement well. Plus, it's always felt weird to me when something has only part of the F4 in; go all-in or leave them out.

I just always thought the Avengers were boring. Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, fucking Hawkeye, really man? FF and X-men were always interesting teams but the avengers always seemed like the most B/C-Tier load of literal Who's aside from Cap. If they had literally anyone else movie rights we wouldn't even be talking about them now.

Me too, can't wait to play as Deadpool's replacement.

Although, I am super bummed about Doom potentially not being in it.

Yeah but the movies managed to distill these characters to what makes them appealing and resonate with the mainstream despite next to no childhood attachment. You gotta admit thats pretty impressive, especially how much the MCU outgrosses the X-men movie despite all the name recognition Fox has.

Wow a special snowflake who doesn't care about the X-men, nice blog you have there

It's impressive they made them successful but I still personally don't think any of them are that interesting aside from Cap. I understand the focus on them but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bitter about it.

I agree with this user except I never liked Cap and at least Iron Man and Thor were passable

if he isnt in mvc im going to die.

>Marvel shills at work on a Sunday

Take a day off. Does Ike even pay overtime? Log off.

I wonder if Marvel mandated that Medusa and Black Bolt be the most powerful characters in the game?

>Am I the only person that doesn't care the X-men are out of MvC4?
yes. you should kill yourself shill

>samefag
>also avengers are pop culture centre
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

>movies
none of it matters.
avengers suck

You are not the only person
the modern world has millions of young people who are fans of the MCU and dont know the X-Men very well because Marvel has thrown them under the bus in the comics with no merchandise, cartoons or videogames.

>samefag
With who?
Also you're fucking delusional if you don't think Star-Lord and Hawkeye are better known in 2016 than Psylocke and Gambit. Hell, they're probably better known than Storm and Cyclops, if only because they're more recently relevant.
Fox has basically squandered the long-term appeal and relevance of everyone except Wolverine, Magneto, Professor X and Deadpool.

Disney shills need to fuck off

is this bait?

No you're probably not.

But am I the only one who wants a new all X-men/Mutants fighting game?

I misread this as an "all X-Men and New Mutants fighting game", which I would play the fuck out of.
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say. Are you honestly saying if you went up to a normie who'd never read a comic they'd be more likely to know who Psylocke was than Hawkeye?
(And yes, appealing to normies is entirely necessary if you're making something like a video game, which has a much larger audience than comics do.)

I'm not sure you've ever spoken to somebody who watches the Marvel movies. 90% of them just know the actor names, not the names of the characters they play.

Nah, you're pretty right, OP. The previous MvC games neglected tons of great Marvel characters for flash-in-the-pan X-Men like Marrow, not to mention rehashing Wolverine a thousand times.

I'd be very okay with an Avengers-based MvC game. Bring some new faces in there. Captain Marvel is a good start, hopefully they bring in Star-Lord and Ms. Marvel as well.

They're pretty much locks in all honesty.

I'm just hoping Green Goblin and Songbird make the cut.

Marvel's stance, back when they still licensed out the F4, was that you weren't allowed to make only some of them playable. It was either ALL of the F4 or none of them.

Capcom originally was going to have them in 3, but they couldn't get Johnny working right, so they just combined all four characters into Super-skrull.

Well, almost all the X-characters I cared about were already removed going from 2 to 3 so I guess I don't mind as long as the new roster isn't just MCU stars only.

The lack of Doom and Super-Skrull is actually worse than the loss of Storm, Wolverine, Deadpool, Phoenix and Sentinel for me. I'll definitely miss Magneto though.

I mean, was it retarded that X-Men made up so much of MvC2 and Marvel as a whole for a long time? Absolutely.

That doesn't make it any less retarded that X-Men are basically out of the game. "Two wrongs don't make a right" and all that.

Especially when MvC3 was balanced totally fine in terms of X-Men/non X-Men. There was Wolvie, Magneto, Jean, Deadpool, Storm, Sentinel and X-23, 7 out of 25 Marvel characters, all of whom are also fan-favorites. I don't think that's an unreasonable amount to have in a game about Marvel at all. If anything it's pretty unreasonable to have LESS than that considering what a big role the X-Men have played in the Marvel universe for the better part of 30+ years now.

Now we're gonna get Deadpool and maybe Wolverine if we're lucky.

>rehashing Wolverine a thousand times
>literally only one Wolverine rehash in the entire series

Wolverine (Logan, Laura, Old Logan), Deadpool (with Gwenpool shottoclone), and perhaps Magneto are pretty likely to be on the roster.

"No X-Men" is an assumption by some journalists, with no actual proof as of yet, with only 4 characters confirmed.

They could have made it like Captain Commando - Reed Richards is the only one playable, but he calls all other 3 for special attacks.

They probably aren't actually out of MvC Infinite, but I also don't care.
I'm more concerned with whether this will have the proper 6-button controls. Swapping in MCU characters doesn't bother me. I'd actually like to see Nebula, Hogun. Black Panther, Bucky, Daredevil, and so on. I don't really care if it means losing Cyclops, Marrow, or Doom as long as it's a good game.

>Am I the only person that doesn't care the X-men are out of MvC4?
Why anybody would care about the MvC line after MvC2 is the bigger question.

2 wasn't too bad. It was a step down from MvC for me but not as much as MvC3 was. I'll admit I got absolutely sick of "I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE", "LEMME RIDE", "VIPER BEAM, VIPER BEAM, HYPER VIPER BEAM" but I at least kept playing the game unlike MvC3.

My MvC2 team was Wolvie/Ken to wear 'em down and build up the super-bar and Cyke/Cable/Iron Man to spam giant beam attacks. So there goes most of my team.

Either someone hype to draw people to watch, or some throwaway character everyone knows was going to be in because who cares about ESPN.

I meant post-MvC2 as in MvC2 was the last good one, I now realize the wording was ambiguous.

I liked 3 more than 2 personally. Even 1 honestly.

2 just felt like a giant unbalanced clusterfuck sprite-dump borderline mugen tier fighter.

six buttons
hp hk is infinity stone
MP MK tag
LP LK assist
would that fix everything besides the obvious slower gameplay

no X-men, no buy

Last i heard, there are no assists.

I'm not entirely convinced of that though because assists have been a staple of the vs series since the beginning.

no they are confirmed not to be in my suggestion is how to salvage this train wreck

Is there a source saying there will be no assists?

As for salvaging this i dont know if that's possible if things are as bad as it looks. This SFxT style tagging system has me worried along with the display of no assists.

>with only 4 characters confirmed
5. Captain America is confirmed.

So, have we gotten an actual roster list? Or is everyone just assuming that there will be no X-Men characters?

Basically nothing is confirmed besides the characters we just saw and that it will be 2v2. That footage looked pretty early beta as well so it will likely look better by the time more gameplay footage comes out. At least it better.

I never played 3, but 2 was pretty shit and the opinion that it was great is probably just held by people who remember liking being able to pick so many different characters, but from a technical standpoint the game was a broken mess

I ship it

Not feeling the graphics and design.

>they decide to throw x-fags a bone
>it's --- OML ---

Holy shit, who is this wizard

I want the fantastic four