How much of this narrative that Marvel is failing is some dreamt up delusion of neckbeards on Sup Forums and how much...

How much of this narrative that Marvel is failing is some dreamt up delusion of neckbeards on Sup Forums and how much of it is true?

Sales are down for all comics all over the board. The difference is that Marvel has huge stock in the movie business. It can single handedly prop up Marvel and its properties for years to come. With their partnership with Disney, they have games, theme park shit, etc that they can wade into for more money

DC doesn't really have that same success...at least not too much.

I mean, I guess the paper-and-ink comic side of Marvel isn't doing as well as it used to. It's failing insofar as the entire paper-and-ink industry is, ie, it's not making the money it used to. I don't think we'll ever see it COMPLETELY go away- five or ten years ago, I would have said otherwise, but now it seems like there'll always be a place for tangible media, even if it's a much, much smaller place than it used to be.

But like... The company as a whole is owned by Disney. It can't fail anymore. Putting aside the movies (contrary to the way things are going now, they probably can't last forever), Marvel's plugged into the Disney merchandising machine, which consists not only of physical product, but also the "magical" experiences Disney has been perfecting over the last fifty years. Even if the next ten MCU flicks bomb, the hard part's already done- Disney's already set up the Avengers as near-mythological characters that stand alongside the ranks of Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the rest. They're set to be regular fixtures in the parks, parades and advertising for the next hundred years, at the very least.

Without getting too deep into the company wars bullshit, the closest DC really has to matching the "Disney experience" is the Six Flags franchise, and admittedly, it's pretty great. I visited one of the Justice League merchandise stores at Six Flags Over Georgia this summer, pretty much every major DC hero (read: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) had their own section of the store with tons of great merch. It really can't come close to what Disney can offer, though, and that's understandable. The Mouse is kind of a juggernaut.

I just want Disney to nut up and acquire DC too, in all honesty. I know the usual argument is that the companies being separate fuels competition and therefore gives rise to better content, but in reality, that just isn't how it's playing out- it's just a waiting game to see what the next "big thing" is, then playing follow-the-leader.

the comic part of Marvel is doing pretty bad

Of course, Disney can keep them alive infinitely, but the question is, why would they?
They can just take the copyrights, shut down Marvel, an d just focus on using the licenses in other, more profitable ways

>mfw when someone saves your meme

Marvel comics is doing bad commercially and artistically, but it is not sure it even matters anymore.
Marvel Comics may only exist nowadays as a throw shit to the wall to see what sticks brainstorming place for future movie plots.

As a business they are fine
As an actual comic book publisher they are so fucked its hilarious.
You will soon see the day when Marvel is only a name on movies.

This is the best feel. Its like a piece of your soul is now immortal.

will the MCU get banned on Sup Forums if the comics division dies?

>But like... The company as a whole is owned by Disney. It can't fail anymore
>It can single handedly prop up Marvel and its properties for years to come.

Have you read the Glassdoor reviews? The money from the films and stuff doesn't really help prop up the comics company.

On top of that, did you remember what happened when Disney's comics division prior to buying Marvel didn't have success in the US?

It's DC fans who just for one day wish they could know what it feels like to be on top

>I made it man, I MADE IT!!!!

should I put it on my curriculum vitae?!

nice meme

Oh god so much this.
I don't read Marvel, it's more like I pop my head in ever once in a while to see if something cool is happening. Spider-Man and Daredevil were the inly two comics I'd bought with any consistency since 2000, but even those two are kinda iffy right now.

So many cool comics coming out outside of the big 2, the only reason we see so much anger/outrage is because the big two is all these angry people had.

50/50.
The comic book branch is losing sales but they have the greatest safety net in the world call Disney.

They could make as many mistakes as they want and never go under really. Truth be told Disney only bought Marvel for the character rights and their potential in merchandising and film and can't give any shits about how bad the comic book branch is doing. Unless Disney downright threatens to shut down Marvel Comics they don't have any real motivation or reason to get their shit together.

not if they continue making cartoons

none. marvel is dying, and we should help them die as painfully as possible

>how much is true

It's absurd.

Right now Disney/Marvel are running the single most successful operation/franchise in Hollywood history. Critical acclaim is icing on the cake.

>Sup Forums

Sup Forums. It's Sup Forums contrarians and epic memesters. If anybody on Sup Forums is falling for it, they're shockingly dumb.

>Disney says NO MORE DELAYS
>Land goes into overdrive and does art for half of comics

>Even if the next ten MCU flicks bomb, the hard part's already done- Disney's already set up the Avengers as near-mythological characters that stand alongside the ranks of Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the rest.

I cringed so hard, I had to poop.

Good job user

Stand proud, user.

Only a fool wouldn't

It's just DCasuals trying to cope with how hard their favorite company is failing.

The part related to Sup Forums is doing historically bad to a point even retailers are saying it out loud.

But will Marvel cease to exist? Of course not. Disney rakes in billions of dollars with Marvel-license through movies, merchandise, video games and toy-lines.

in other words, yes?

>It's just DCasuals trying to cope with how hard their favorite company is failing.
But comics wise their doing great and more importantly their films are making huge profits despite critically being panned.

it's a thread about marlel, not dc
keep on topic newfag

their comics are failing to DC, and their movies just are. Doctor Strange didn't provoke any discussion here, which is Strange indeed, because ant-man had more threads on Sup Forums

See Marvel studios are doing fine, great in fact.
The comics aren't doing as hot, but comics in general haven't been doing as hot in recent years. Both Marvel and DC have both seen rough times creatively and financially, and while DC is slowly pulling themselves out of a rut, Marvel comics is still stuck.

this. Both companies are doing fine overall but comics-wise Marvel is dropping the ball hard and there's no sign of that letting up.

I wish the shills would go back to CBR
but then again, I'm okay with you people pretending everything is okay, while everything around you gets burned in a fire.

doesn't matter if disney is marvel's security net because if a company is losing sales (and marvel is doing awful right now) disney will have to make changes, no one keeps a company just for the rights and merchandize you could win or not, money needs to be made or heads will eventually roll.

>Sales are down for all comics all over the board.
That was true in the beginning of the year, not now.

I hope that Disney closes the doors of marvel office permanently

marvel must die

>money needs to be made or heads will eventually roll.
And considering all Marvel movies make a constant pattern of being one of the top five highest grossing films of said year they get released the amount of money the lose is small time compared to how much they gain.

Sure Marvel comic branch isn't anything useful but any negative effects they have is an absolute fart in the wind and the controversy that would surely arise from shutting them down would be far worse.

>Says marvel comics need to pull themselves out of rut
>gets called a shill

Sup Forums logic

you smell like a shill spirit
with the lights out is less dangerous

as you said, movies, different branche, different building, different people exploring and developing both of them.