Band of Brothers

Just finished watching this masterpiece, god damn I didn't think it was possible for a TV series to have better cinematography that most war movies. How does The Pacific compare? Because I'm watching that next.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8STtnrPcfzM
youtube.com/watch?v=ztvmUXkS5h0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think anything can top Band of Brothers. It's simply the GOAT.

>How does The Pacific compare?
That's the debate user. Some people think its better than Band of Brothers.
I don't agree, its definitely good but not quite on par with BoB. I think my problem is that it focuses more on a smaller cast while band of brothers was about the whole company.

I haven't seen the Pacific but I have seen some scenes and the characters seem extremely unlikable

>How does The Pacific compare?
It's not nearly as good as BoB, but it's fairly decent.

>the characters seem extremely unlikable
Most of them are great, but Robert Leckie was just awful.

its romanticized bullshit

Yeah it's fantastic. I watched the Pacific when it was on TV but don't really remember much about it, I think it was quite bland in comparison. IMO BoB's most memorable episodes apart from the ones with the Schwim are after the war is over. Definitely give it a go though.

youtube.com/watch?v=8STtnrPcfzM

This shit is in literally every WW2 movie and it makes the characters extremely unlikable for me, soldiers mistreating PoWs.

Casting David Schwimmer was a mistake, other than that, excellent WW2 series.

It's not a popular opinion but The Pacific is better in almost every way.

The cinematography is better, the color grading is better, less shaky cam bullshit, better practical effects and CGI, etc.

But you won't like the characters as much, and episodes set in Australia are just boring.

I think I just got ear cancer from that godawful wubstep intro, which was more than twice the volume of the actual video.

Anyway that's the way troops treated POWs in war, including the US who were far from saints.

So basically just technically better?
Haven't watched The Pacific yet

I know I guess it is accurate but it makes me hate the characters, in Saving Private Ryan Upham was actually my favorite character by far

Why though? Stuff like this certainly happened, and you can't really blame them. Tentions run high during a war you know.
I thought he was great tbphwy.

I suppose. The cast of BoB is just too memorable even if everything surrounding them isn't as good.

If you go into it with lowered expectations you'll have a good time. Watch a good copy because it doesn't look like grainy grey/brown shit like BoB.

Can't blame them but I don't like it

Pacific isn't as quality as Band of Brothers but it is still a very good show in it's own right.

Does The Pacifc have the intro interviews like Band of Brothers?

Nope.

>Anyway that's the way troops treated POWs in war, including the US who were far from saints.
The Nips were notoriously brutal to their POWs because their nu-bushido code said that surrendering to the enemy is dishonorable, and as such they weren't worthy of fair treatment.
But as a result of WWII we got things like the Geneva Conventions that set out ground rules for how you're supposed to behave during conflict.

Apparently they were notoriously brutal to their own people too i.e the Okinawans which they didn't see as true Japanese and thus they were used as meat shields and suicide bombers because they weren't protected by the bushido code.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztvmUXkS5h0

sure, if you like jewish propaganda like a good goy you are.

Kinda cool how you root for different sides compared to now and then.
It was better before though now it's just kinda painful to watch, especially the last 2 episodes.

>No fictional scene where the cast walks into a Nazi death camp
0/10, how did the Pacific get away with this??

Were you there?

David Schwimmer was fantastic for the role.

BoB is impossible to top but The Pacific is still a good watch and has more depth than most war films. Plus our guy Rami plays one of the main characters :)