Can you pinpoint the point where GoT went down the drain?

Can you pinpoint the point where GoT went down the drain?

S01EP01

That time the unsullied guys sneaked into casterly rock through the sewers.

FPBP. GET aids GOT fags.

The official "jump the shark" moment.

Well, the show started its downhill when Stannis fucked Melisandre on the map table.

The last nail in the coffin was when the sandsnek stabbed Areo Hotah.

People who never watched GoT when it was good will forever be ass pained.

Sand sneks

This

These guys nailed it.

Death of Barristan Selmy and the general portrayal of the character

When Ned has his head chopped off.
it got even worse after arr kid Stannis died.

this

When Tywin got offed by le reddit man

Somehow, even tough i always knew that there will be dragons, i only watched the show for the semi-realistic medieval setting and intrigue.

O boy how i would loved if they ditched the druginz and the night kang for more medieval stuff with a little bit of fantasy backdrop.

>everyone who is cynical/nihilistic is reddit

This tbqhwyaf. The whole reason GoT popular in the first place was its subversion of tropes and ""realism"" with drops of traditional fantasy beneath the surface. With the show succumbing to the very tropes it initially rejected and just going full anime, its no wonder both critics and normies alike are starting to be more and more critical of the show.

Season 5 is definitely where things went down the toilet

It started to swirl in season 4 and the last bit went down the drain when Arya killed littlefinger in that retarded scene.

Yeah just like people who didn't get scammed by LOST.
Get a grip, fanboy, nobody gives a shit about your cheap fiction.

The entire septum arc. What a fucking forced boredom.

The whole show was prepping for that final battle with wights and the night king from the very beginning.

in hindsight season 2 episode 1 is when things turn bad, season 5 is when the show turns to hot shit.

actually, a lot of people do, and to call GOT cheap you're doing nothing but revealing some unjustified frustration, user.

when the books started diverging into too many meaningless plot-lines that didn't lead anywhere and spreading people around the world

people like to think it's the tv series who ruined it, but there's a reason the author can't finish the books and it's that he wrote himself into a corner

S3E10. D&D spoil the end of season 4 at the end of season 3 because they have the foresight of a goldfish. After that we had a fourth season of half-shit half-good and in season 5 it went full shit.

Maybe so. But it could've been done so much better, certainly without the many instances of plot armour, ridiculous narratives and over-the-top character portrayals for one.

It made a great meme tho senpai

Came here to post this

FPBP

Fuck, where do I begin? The pointless arch with the high sparrow, Bronn and Jaime rescuing Myrcella only to have her die 3 minutes later, Cersei putting the high sparrow in charge.

Fixed

same, i don't give a shit about ice elfs or whatever the fuck

This. Even if the books are glorified Harry Potter-tier, they are still worlds better than that trash called "GAME of THRONES". (They couldnt even bother to call it A Game of thrones like the book).

I literally have no clue who the high sparrow is.

I could tell it was declining for a while but the part the stood out to me was when Arya was on the run from assassins who CAN CHANGE THEIR FACE and decided it was a good idea to be in broad daylight and talk to random people.

the evil pope

the pope in rags, also the communist agitator

when they killed the main character in the ninth episode

When they killed Stannis, I was done with this show after that.

The character they created so they can have a 'religion is bad m'kayy' storyline to please GoTs largely reddit fanbase.

This.

Literally S05EP01

I'm not that well versed in GoT, but is that where the books stop? Because you could definitely tell a massive drop at the start of Series 5. The worst part is that Series 1-4 were a great bit of televsion and Series 4 ended on a very interesting note, but it just didn't live up to expectation.

I stopped watching when Stannis died. Not that was the whole reason, but I wasn't enjoying the show and his death just caused me to loose interest since he was really the only contender I was interested in. He was one of the few morally grey characters left.

he was in the book, and he was as much a commie as he was religious so not sure about that

You shut the fuck up about Tyrion! Your'e waifu SHIT! A SHIT!

Oh i 'member now. It was that militant hobo dude.

>turn page
>it's a Euron chapter

Oh, i agree with you there.
>Two seasons of sparrows become a creepy growing force in westeros.
>dies
>no one notices or cares
Goddamn, no wonder fatfuck can't finish the books.
To put in context, Ned Stark dying gives us the context of the outrage felt by the Starks. His first son's death and the red wedding interrupts plot lines and surprises the viewer.
All the death in later seasons just felt pointless. Haven't seen this guy in a while, well, now he's dead.
I wonder what little finger master plan was, on, he dead too

When Danaerys was introduced.

littlefinger seemed pointless once he left Kingslanding, i mean yeah he got the Vale somehow but it didn't really seem like he could really keep it for long or do anything with it

urban scheming makes more sense the rural scheming, specially if you are an outsider in a small village

In the books
>catelyn stark is a throat cut zombie for a brief moment
>knight lady Breean confirms in the next book she's still around
>entire plot about secret targeryan prince
>oh no, I have the super plague. Oh wait, now I'm cured.

>kill the masters written in big bold red letters in fucking English in fucking Mereen.

>turn page
>it's a bran chapter

Season 1 - little finger scheming on level with the high spy of westeros
Last season - let's trick creepy assassin girl. Well shit, now I'm dead

also that dorne prince, spent too many chapters developing him and then be burned into pointlessness and forgotten

also more shit in dorne nobody cared about, in the series dorne was really shitty, in the books it was not so shitty but it was boring and pointless

True. I enjoyed the books that far, even if i skipped over some character's chapters entirely.

After Tyrion kills his gf and father.

When Arya kills the waif

When they turn Littlefinger into a SJW strawman

After the Red Wedding it just seemed like every season tried to top the "surprise character death" moment, without success. If you look at D&D interviews before or during season 1-3 you get the impression that the Red Wedding was the only reason they even made the show.

Season 4 was okay, but I stopped watching halfway through season 5.

>turn page
>it's a Theon chapter

This was very disappointing. All his scheming amounting to basically nothing, his final scheme seeming clumsy and pointless. Like, what did he have to gain there? Seriously, if they wanted to kill off the character they should have just had him fall off a horse in a freak accident instead undermining six seasons worth of character development and turning him into a tard.

/thread

It goes like this:
>Season 1=Book one
>Season 2=Book two
>Season 3 and 4=book three
>Season 5=loose adaption of books 4 and 5
>Season 6 on=original D&D material
I'm not sure if it's true, but someone on here said that Martin was originally hired to write a trilogy and only extended the series after the first book became such a hit. So the first 3 books are great but there's a massive drop off in quality afterwards because all of the storylines were originally supposed to wrap up in 3 books and now he has no idea how to continue them. So you end up with books 4 and 5 taking 11 years to come out and being 2000 pages of practically nothing happening.

>it's a Theon redemption arc episode
It's Jesse Pinkman all over again. Why couldn't they just kill these faggots off.

I hate what they did with Theon in the TV show.

>Stannis
>dead

Season 5 is an adaptation of the 4th and 5th books, they just cut or changed a huge amount. Off the top of my head, most stuff in S5E1 is from the books, including Stannis at the wall, Mance Rayder burning, the Sons of the Harpy and Tywin's funeral.

>turn page
>it's a brienne chapter

i think originally he was supposed to do a time skip, that's why the kids were so young

but then he decided against the time skip and ruined the series by getting into too many pointless plot lines

>Turn the page
>Its a Areo Hotah chapter

What i hate most is the "trial" he underwent. They made him beg like he was some sort of a children's book villan.

The show died with Stannis.

Haven't even watched s6 or s7

why? he is one of the decent actors in the show

hey, brienne and jaime chapters were fun

>turn page
>it's a dany chapter

What are you imblygin?

"Valar Morghulis"
"Valar Dohaeris, but we are not men"
That's the first real cringy moment in the show.

>turn page
>it's a chapter

danny herself was shitty, but there was a lot of fun fighting and war stuff in her chapters

but those chapters were so separated from everything else that yeah, it was kind of annoying having to travel to the other side of the world to read about bullshit instead of advancing some relevant plot and characters

Either when Sam was surrounding by Others and they left him alone or when they brought in some random girl OC girl from Essos instead of Westerling like in the books. But probably when normies completely ruined the series by turning it into Harry Potter tier garbage.

I think you'll find that the word prince is gender neutral in valyrian

>turn page
>it's a Victarion chapter

Gave me a cringe flashback

>why? he is one of the decent actors in the show

Alfie Allen is great, but they botched his torture arc by showing it in detail, making it obvious what was happening and that Ramsay was lolrandumbevil. And after he was mindbroken they didn't know what to do with the character, they keep going back and forth between "redemption arc" and "bitch boy". In the books him defying Ramsay and rescuing Jeyne was a great moment, but in the show Theon just came off incompetent next to Mary Sue Sansa. The bottom of the barrel was in the latest season when they made a slapstick joke about him having no balls.

The books are currently stopped with John being stabbed, Dany being with Drogon in the plains, Sansa coming down from the Aery to the rest of the vale, Arya has figured out how to warg into other animals on purpose and is still training to be a faceless man, Davos is going to Skagos, an island that is the only place in the world with unicorns that's also populated by cannibal wildlings to save Rickon Stark in the order of Wyman Manderly who is the one that is feeding Freys pies made of other Freys that he is having disappeared or killed and making it look like an accident
Stannis has gotten most of the north on his side partly from their loyalty to Ned and hating Roose and partly from driving out the Iron Island invaders, has captured Asha Greyjoy and is currently snowed in a few miles away from Winterfell, Theon is also his prisoner after Theon has rescued Jeyne Poole, Sansas old handmaid and childhood friend who is the one they actually send north to marry Ramsay and Theon is just there to say that yes she is actually Sansa as part of the Bolton plot to take the north, because why the fuck would Littlefinger ever send the real Sansa when he can send any northern girl around her age

In season five I already started to worry, season seven has been a big disappointment. As a standalone series or movie, it would have been decent, but for SEASON SEVEN OF GAME OF FUCKING THRONES it just wasn't enough.

gosh i love the books

>turn page
>it's stuck together with the next page because of dried cum

It did feel a bit like it was supposed to cathartic fanservice. It's too bad, because he actually had an interesting dynamic with Sansha, and the idea of having to rule over people you know you can't trust is something that fits GoT well and also fits Sansha's character development and new found courtly prowess quite well.

>when Sam was surrounding by Others and they left him alone
Remember when the Others were mysterious characters with unknown and interesting motivations instead of just ice terminators?

>voluntarily sacrifices his own daughter

That's when I stopped being Team Stannis.

>every man must die but we are not men lol
>azor ahai can be a women aswell >:(
>kill the masters but take this Queen
fddgdssdghddgking bullshit

>Mance Rayder burning
The lord of bones burns at the wall in Mances place, Mances disguises himself as the lord of bones after that in the books

I seem to recall fapping to the chapter where Dany has lesbian sex with a chambermaid

Yeah, they fucked with the designs of The Others a lot. They were supposed to be really beautiful ice elves or some shit like they but they turned them into generic, boring looking zombie types.

>Tells Melisandre to fuck off he's not burning Mance Rayders baby
That's when I was even more on team Stannis

I just started rewatching season 1, and I'm really surprised at how different the show feels. The sets are obviously cheaper, there are less effects, and some of the editing is cheesy. It makes the feel feel a lot more like one of the syndicated fantasy shows from the 90s. At some point, they obviously made a decision to make the show look more like a modern fantasy movie.

>The pointless arch with the high sparrow
it put an end to the struggle between cersei and the tyrells

>he hasn't read the leaks

>Dany schlicking trying not to wake her up
>wakes her up anyway, girl goes down on Dany and makes her cum like no one ever has
>girl immediately goes back to sleep because Dany was bothering her when she wanted to rest

That was one of the only redeeming moments in an otherwise shit season, Stannis was a boring and pointless character.

>fifteen-year-old Cersei sneaks into Jaime's bed

S04E01

Tywin and joeffry

What book was that in?