Anybody wanna explain to me how this episode was supposedly so deep and meaningful?

Anybody wanna explain to me how this episode was supposedly so deep and meaningful?

The trial with the riveting moral arguments of "durrr this guy iz dum" and "durrrr this girl iz stronk"? The SHOCKING twist that the woman was an author!!?!?

Any meaningful statement made? Any interesting commentary on gender/trans issues besides "girlz are good too guys"?

Just because it's superficially similar to ethical dilemma Star Trek episodes doesn't make it smart or interesting. For christs sake, what a shit episode

It spot lights to the fact people are raising their kids to believe they are the wrong sex today. Also government(s) role in this. The fact that some countries well take your kid away and change it sex with out you having a say. Yes they had to put up the old feminist BS or it would never see air time

>Yes they had to put up the old feminist BS or it would never see air time

The less of this the better.
TOS was revolutionary enough with the first black-white kiss on TV ever. No need to dwell on things any more.

Right...is not like nazis are killing idiots on the street like their jihadist cousins.

There are legit only like 50 real-deal nazis in the entire United States. Stop LARPing.

It was a anti tranny episode and that was based. Praise kek.

its the same type of ep as when riker falls in love with sexual organs dude

>Anybody wanna explain to me how this episode was supposedly so deep and meaningful?

To me, the transgender thing was a red herring.

I think it's really about the tensions that arise when two cultures have vastly different ethics on a certain issue.

because it was neat to see a show like this not have a happy ending

Ah yes, the ol' "anyone who doesn't share my opinions is a nazi" trick.

Killing yourself is the only answer.

except the part where they confirm that "transgender operations" are a common thing but that you have to be an adult to consent to it?

>they're not nazis even when they call themselves nazis

Last time I checked it was the alt-left that was instigating assault and arson.

I thought it was about parents choosing life changing things for their children and how society can pressure something benign into being a pariah's trait.

Well, they're not wrong, you know.

It was a very TNG episode. Top marks for not being STD.

The message was that mentally ill trannies should conform to society and their parents wishes instead of pushing to be sex freaks of nature and repulsing everyone that lays on them.

yeah i dont get why people are calling this a good episode, it wasnt thought provoking at all.

im more concerned about how being on a union ship apprarently allows humans to force their ethics and believes on other races.

would morclans be allowed to change a human female baby to male if the parents were serving on a morclan union ship?

how is this whole episode not a major diplomatic disaster.

cutfags got BTFO

the trite feminist bullshit is exactly why she lost the trial. she seemed to forget that the subject of debate was not which gender was superior, it was whether parents should have the right to manipulate their infant's biology.

>some countries well take your kid away and change it sex with out you having a say
..what?

>he fact that some countries well take your kid away and change it sex with out you having a say.
That has never happened in the history of the world, it's about the role of the government protecting children from insane parents you dumbass.

Nazis are the alt-left.

Because the union has ethics that all participating aliens agree to. You know, like the Geneva Convention on Earth?

>>some countries well take your kid away and make it look at these dubs with out you having a say

>I think it's really about the tensions that arise when two cultures have vastly different ethics on a certain issue.
We didn't need a full episode telling us that multiple cultures disagree on things. That's neither new, nor profound information.

You can tell this episode was written to be superficially deep. Because at one point, they quote fucking Destiny's Child and call it comedy.

>t. "Discoveries #fuckingwhitemale dialogue is clearly better" shill

I hate this show because of the family guy style "humor" which makes me cringe every few minutes

no

>posting this Twiggy wannabe

Canada will take your kids away if they say they want to dress like the opposite sex and you don't humour them

>it's a klingon politics episode