Any kino that you'd recommend when you're alone on your birthday?

Any kino that you'd recommend when you're alone on your birthday?

Might try pic related just because I want one that is pretty guaranteed to be good. I enjoy pretty much anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mKl5_OxKBn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do americans really watch oscarbait slave flicks on their birthday?

Not usually, haha. I just want a good movie. You're right that it's an odd choice

If I were you I'd watch something like 2001 or Blue Velvet

Love both of those. Good recommendations, thanks!

youtube.com/watch?v=mKl5_OxKBn8

watched this film last night, would highly recommend.

also, happy birthday. how old are you?

A Bittersweet Life

Love this suggestion! I've only seen Tree of Life and have always wanted to check this one out.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm 28

I was going to insult you OP for posting mediocre oscar schlock, but I'll rec New World (2013) (Korean, not Malick)

12 Years a Slave is legitimately a good movie despite all the shit Sup Forums gives it. Steve McQueen is a great director

happy birthday user. i hope you have a good day.

12 years a slave is pretty intense. a great film, but i wouldn't watch it today. i'd go for something a bit more light hearted, something more fun. maybe inherent vice ?

American Beauty

No shit. It's about blacks so of course they'd hate it

Steve McQueen is possibly the best director in the world right now. I cannot wait for his new film that's coming out next year

>Zoo Escape 2: Electric Boogaloo

People unironically watched this?

Thanks for recs. This list is getting pretty great

Yeah, I like McQueen too and have heard the same thing. Does a movie about slavery automatically make it oscar bait?

>Does a movie about slavery automatically make it oscar bait?
Nope, but it is inevitably going to bait the oscars regardless.

shit taste

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Good call on something lighthearted and that's the only PTA movie I haven't seen yet.

Natural Born Killers

Great movie

No, they're only calling it Oscar bait because before people actually saw the movie tumblr, reddit and media where making it out to be some white guilt film (which it isn't), so naturally, because Sup Forums heard those people talk about it like that they latched on to the "oscar bait" label and haven't taken it off since.

very active imagination you have there

I don't have any recommendations but happy birthday OP. I really liked Swiss Army Man, so you might like that

Thank you! I actually really like that movie and it's perfect for today. The soundtrack puts me in a good mood

the soundtrack is great! I don't know if you've listened to Manchester Orchestra but their frontman Andy Hull did the soundtrack for Swiss Army Man. MO's newest album is very similar to the soundtrack, I recommend it.

Nice! Thank you, i'm gonna grab that now!