The Vietnam War

No episode 7 thread for docu kino? Lets change that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AugOt7LmkUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_falseflag37.htm
usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2008-02/truth-about-tonkin
bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_globalmilitarism120.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is probably one of the best things on TV right now. I fucking love every bit of it.

>stop hey what's that sound starts playing

>US Fireteam disembarking their helicopters on a secret raid five miles into North Vietnam (1968, Colorized)

RIP, Mogey

*wins the war*

nothin personnel, imperialist

>Shellshocked South Vietnamese grenadier contemplates life after witnessing Pvt. Mark Wahlberg single handedly slaughter an entire village using a flamethrower and hand grenades. (1968, Colorized)

>*Kills a million of your men, women and children*

Heh... you did okay for a beginner... kid

I heard a lot of people are disappointed in how they the tend to absolve the US of a lot of wrong doings. It just tells us the same party line we're used to without digging any deeper.

Fucking Nixon.

They just finished a segment explaining how General Ewell's unit killed indiscriminately, resulting in ~11000 kills at least half of which were civilian noncoms, and that no one was ever held accountable.

WHEN THE FUCK WILL IT'S AIN'T ME START PLAYING!!!!!???????

FUCK THIS PROTEST FAGGOT HIPPIE SHIT BOREFEST

It's called Fortunate Son, you unfortunate pleb.

I'm pretty sure its "it aint me" by the fortunate sons so your both close

I own the soundtrack user, it's not in there. The only Creedence Wlearwater song on the show is Bad Moon Rising.
>pic related, I own it.

Is there a way for non-american to watch this without torrenting? This is my stuff right here.

Thanks in advance, I'm bedridden so I dont have the energy to get my laptop for torrenting

you best have the original score too nigga

I do

Do you speak french?

nice

No unfortunately. Found a stream of the first episode earlier that was subtitled in vietnamese so I have no idea what those black pyjamas were talking about. English subs will do

Sorry user I only have it in french, if you wait a few days you'll easily find a stream I assume

It's cool man, thanks anyway

Dude charging up the hill expecting to die alone then notices his entire company of 18 and 19 year olds following behind him

>The CIA actually fucking supported Ho Chi Minh and prevented him from dying

Holy fuck I hate CIA niggers so much.

youtu.be/AugOt7LmkUQ

Found a stream for the second episode just in case anyone needs.

Ho Chi Minh would've probably been easier to work with looking back.

Yeah but commies.

He was a revolutionary overthrowing his colonial dictators and puppet government. He didn't give a fuck who would back him, so long as he got his country back. The US had an opportunity to support him, but chose to support colonialism (french) and that shit backfired bad.

Read some Westad user.

Watching it online for the explicit version, not sure if it makes much of a difference other than interviewees saying "shit".

Only on episode 2, don't spoil what happens next.

esp 1-5 direct links [720p]
esp 6-10 direct links [720p]
watching esp three atm, burgers btfo desu.

The USA gets BTFO.

see:
all files are in the global net, the player on pbs is geofenced not the files themselves.

parts 1-5 have been uploaded to RARBG in 1080p if you're interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

Just started ep. 6. Ron Ferrizi. God damn. Hard mother fucker.

Ho Chi Minh did NOTHING wrong. In a better world, we would have helped him and he would have become /ourcommie/.

ironic that Nixon opened up to Communist China in 1972. could have done that in the mid 60s

Literally Our Guy

damn Nixon had someone whispering in the ear of the Saigon govt during the election

>NV was able to plan the entire Tet Offensive in secrecy

How did our intelligence fuck up so bad? Why was it busy filming MLK having sex?

lol thx it's noted in that thread senpai. wrote up a long reply but accidentally the tab n kuk'd myself, keywords included: gulf of tonkin, uss liberty, bay of pigs, pearl harbor, etc. basically the show makes the tonkin incident look like a joke on how silly washington dc leadership is when really there was full planning and agreement to start the war at that point. (ep 3)

kosher tv documentary is kosher, though it does make a point about how folks went to war without much chance of 'winning' , if that be the case the whole war after tonkin is an exercise in colonialism/globalism (in b4 sjw libkukz).

commies won the cultural wars at home in usa. merika may have won the fighting war with soviets but they lost the hearts n minds of their own populous through cultural marxism n subversion via hippies. here are some interesting links to read:

> bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_falseflag37.htm
> usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2008-02/truth-about-tonkin
> bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_globalmilitarism120.htm

in b4

This doc has really changed my view of LBJ in relation to Vietnam.

How so user, I'm curious what your previous view was an now how it's changed.

Yeah whatever, I think the NVA and Viet Cong had something to do with it.

>Chips volunteers for a second tour in Vietnam so his idiot brother Bob won't have to go
>Bob gets into drugs, keeps going AWOL, flees to Canada, dies decades later in a drug den in Hong Kong

Freakin' Bob man.

LIEUTENANT DAN

ICE CREAM

On episode 8, that nurse looks and acts just like a friend of mine who is also a nurse. I really should text her some time.

"Our" intelligence. Go fuck yourself.

thanks for sharing, faggot!

hamburger hill should be in the next ep

why did they support the french

Yeah I guess hindsight is 20/20. This documentary just makes me think about how awful the CIA is. It also makes me really mad about all the idiots who were so desperate for the Iraq War. Like, here is an example of a diplomatic failure, now, let's please not repeat it out of sentimentality. Oh fuck.

Why did who support the French?

Where are all the Sup Forumstards in these threads? Oh yeah that's right.

>Oh yeah that's right.
?

(there not here because they're scared because it's a war the commies won...)

They're not here because they haven't watched PBS they're entire lives and don't know this doc exists.

Hmm, this documentary is a cultural phenomenon, but other than that, they are usually all up in our shit in every topic possible...

>this documentary is a cultural phenomenon
Have we seen ratings yet? I see it discussed a lot in the press but noone is really talking about it at work.

Yeah you're right. Totally unpopular show. No reason for it to attract the likes of Sup Forums. Because it's so unpopular.

>implying Vietnam wasn't a stalemate that led to both sides having huge losses and Vietnam eventually adopting capitalist market reforms

>implying you aren't just creating secondhand rationalizations for the clear and decisive military defeat of the US military

Also, stalemate? The US got kicked out. You need to stop reading conspiracy propaganda and start reading actual history.

>Forced opponent to sign a peace treaty with South Vietnam, just the the goal had always been
>Defeat

>It was a tie!
We left Vietnam achieving nothing but a lot of kills and the next day the country we were supposedly defending ceased to exist.

>Americans lose 50,000 men and billions as well as international prestige and respect while the Russians lose literally nothing

ok, he's just trolling

>Russians lose nothing
>Collapse anyway

So this... is the power.... of communism....

fucking what?

Vietnamese is such a joke of a language, it sounds like a frog on speed suffering from a massive hiccup attack

>HURRR AMERICA LOST THE WAR
>Lol paris peace accords? What's that?

>he doesn't have a private tracker

>DUDE MISTAKES WERE MADE XD JUST FORGET ABOUT IT GOYS LMAO NO BIG DEAL SO SAD, BUT NO BIG DEAL JUST LEARN FROM IT N SHIEET

Viet Nam is a unified Communist country, to this day. Just keep arguing, just keep vomiting your ignorant garbage.

Stopped watching because it was really biased against Ho and the VC (Who were basically the good guys)

America were savages

>America beats the shit out of the NVA and Vietcong
>Force the North to agree to a peace treaty
>America packs up and leaves
>North Vietnam violates the accord and invades South Vietnam once the Americans leave
>This somehow means the North Vietnamese beat the Americans even though American troops had completely left Vietnam over a year ago

Also, one of the key objectives of North Vietnam was to expunge colonial influences from Vietnam. Considering the US has several naval bases there as well as a garrison of troops, I'd say they did pretty poorly.

>Communists
>Good guys

Wew

Lol if there were fox news in 1968 there would be 24 hour send your son to Vietnam propaganda. This country is fucked

We clearly didn't beat the shit out of them enough, and we didnt "force" them into any talks

Cant believe there's actually a nigga in this thread saying Vietnam was a tie baka lmao

>America beats the shit out of the NVA and Vietcong
Yeah, about that...

Anyone have any books to rec on the VC? I've been very anti-commie my whole life, due to my dad's firsthand experiences in the Soviet Union. Still feel blind hatred towards them, but I do want to understand where the VC are coming from.

Where I can find the other episodes? In thepiratebay there are only 5

F-movies

and you've got the whole season on TPB anyway, check again

Try limetorrents they have them there

>Dumbass kid grows up reading military history
>Gee Wilikers, war is great!
>Gets cozy assignment far from the fighting
>Fucks up on purpose and dies

Nah

The doc already goes pretty in depth, what else is there to get?

HCM was a pure nationalist and commie-lite, and his message got hijacked by his super-commie political officers like Le Duan. And after the war when they started their forced land redistribution and """"reeducation camps"""" the viets realized yeah this ultra commie shit isn't that great and implemented semi-market economy like Deng Xiaoping's China.

Don't forget

>throws a massive bitchfit and runs away from home for months until his dad signs his release form.

Mogey is exhibit A for why blind patriotism is a dangerous tool.

Was My Lai already featured in one of the episodes so far?

>expecting a documentary funded by the Bank of America and other corporations to be anything other than the standard liberal 'we were the good guys but we made mistakes' argument

Dummies.

But the documentary accurately portrayed the US as blatant villains who committed atrocities and accomplished nothing other than massive, pointless, body counts due to a misguided theory about the potential for communism to spread, an over-reliance on raw, non-contextual, statistical data, a complete failure to win the minds and hearts of the Vietnamese people, terrible choices regarding the many South Vietnamese puppet governments, and an archaic battle plan led by truly incompetent officers and politicians who were way in over their heads and had massive egos.

IN VIETNAM

HE WAS 19

NININININININININI