Okay fine, it's good, I said it!

Okay fine, it's good, I said it!

Welcome aboard, user.

Can I drink whisky in the engine room, cap'n?

That's one sexy ship.

I'm on board, though I wish Seth had resisted the urge to cast himself. That is my only complaint. I just don't like him. Maybe I'll warm up to him through the show, but that is going to be difficult.

i trust your judgement, mr.shatner.

Good, help keep the ratings up so we can see another season

You're not exactly brave for saying what we've all been saying since Day 1. Did you want a medal?

that third episode tho

i'm lefty and was cringing all throughout

>i'm lefty

>2016
>not left
enjoy being on the wrong side of history, kc loser

Orville confirmed for alt-right garbage, notice how ep 4 was loosly about religion but seth didn't say gods not real once, pandering to the Sup Forums audience.

was the 4th episode aired already?

It's rehashing the usual sci-fi tropes and is not in the least bit original or new, except in how blatantly they're pandering to the SJW crowd. Seriously, they read like a condensed version of TOS seasons.

It's really saddening that people consider this to be DSC's rival desu.

>2016
you ok bro?

it'll depend if they keep the show light, or try to do serious episodes.

imagine an episode trying to wrap up with a picard style speech, but we're left with seth trying to deliver it with any sort of weight...

>using sexy to describe an inanimate object
reddit

Episode 4 was even better than the last.
The humour feels less forced and its working well.

The entire series is basically Seth writing himself into a Star Trek series so that was never going to happen.

>It's really saddening that people consider this to be DSC's rival desu.

mostly just shitposters pushing this desu, they're not hard to spot.

I'm watching and enjoying both so far for different reasons, why would anyone sane pick sides when it comes to tv shows.

Stay mad friendo.

a raunchy little rated R star trek

Almost as comfy as Voyager now. The jokes have mellowed right down and feel almost natural

>BLUE ALIEN CUM ALL OVER HIS WIFES FACE

tv for kuks

>why would anyone sane pick sides
Because brainlets wants to feel clever by thinking they picked a winning side like this is football or console wars.

>2 new space shows on tv
>3 total with the Expanse
>everyone wants them to compete like a dumb console war instead of enjoying all this space content

I'm fucking thrilled the genre is resurging

Most people are but negativity gets more attention. Everyone whines about the end of good entertainment while we're living in objectively the best age for it. I'm so backed up with recommendations I'll probably never get around to most of them.

The question NO ONE is asking, did Ed violate the Prime Directive?

This directive can be found in the Articles of the Federation, Chapter I, Article II, Paragraph VII, which states:
Nothing within these Articles Of Federation shall authorize the United Federation of Planets to intervene in matters which are essentially the domestic jurisdiction of any planetary social system, or shall require the members to submit such matters to settlement under these Articles Of Federation. But this principle shall not prejudice the application of enforcement measures under Chapter VII.

Starfleet had allowed 60 races to die out rather than interfere with their fate. In this episode, the loss of a planet's atmosphere was about to wipe out the last remaining members of a primitive civilization; Federation observer Nikolai Rozhenko refused to stand by and he violated the Prime Directive by saving a small group of that civilization.

The economy is doing better. So less dystopian YA stuff, and more positive sci-fi.

Do they have a prime directive in the Orville universe?

Forgot pic

Nope, it'd be interesting to see that bite them in the ass down the road

I think its probably looking to be more canon than discovery at this point.

It has only been 9 months, the year has only started.

>tfw you live in the timeline that the orville is better than discovery

>canon

I don't even think they're comparable. I like both for completely different reasons. I'm getting a TNG vibe from Orville and a DS9 vibe from Discovery.

>DSC
spotted the shill.

wow, this really IS just like the microsoft shills and "Xbone" isn't it?

You ought not of said that.

What, did you really expected me to call it STD ?
lol rip nigger

Episode 4 was fun. I really liked the concept.

also, surprise Liam Neeson

what is the meaning of this

nice meltdown.
people call it STD because its the most natural abbreviation, and because the show sucks.

Can he cast an actor of his same age that looks a bit like him like a normal director does?.

I admit that he is a talented VA but he lacks the physical charisma of other actors.
He just looks like an obnoxious nerd.

No it fucking isn't you fuck idiot

Why does STD it remind me so much of Game of Thrones...

Parks and Rec takes place in the future, the bioship civ has developed more.

For you.

/tv is officialy the most reddit board

>pandering to the SJW crowd

Nothing in this show has pandered to the SJW crowd.

The third episode was more anti-SJW than anything. SJWs are the ones that are in favor giving kids and teenagers sex changes and the show clearly opposed it.

Doesn't the Prime Directive only matter for pre-warp civs? That's what the movie Insurrection was about.

>The third episode was more anti-SJW than anything.
Why do you keep lying on the internet?

Was there any joke that made you laugh out loud in this series?

because its a combination of everything that is trenedy in movies and tv these days.

longform story arcs, (as opposed to episodic story of the week form) JJ trek's aesthetics, drama drama drama, social justice preaching and pandering, and obnoxious CG space battles with lots of explosions and lens flare

>because its the most natural abbreviation
Except Star Trek abbreviations have never included ST, so you're either a normalfag or an idiot.

You think they should use models in 2017? Maybe they should simulate models in CG just to please hipsters like you.

Can you explain why its SJW then?

Nice catch. I thought it looked familiar.

>social justice preaching and pandering
Next time just say you didn't watch it. Pretending you did just makes it easier to call you out.

>Orville confirmed for alt-right garbage, notice how ep 4 was loosly about religion but seth didn't say gods not real once, pandering to the Sup Forums audience.
Because every show on mainstream Sup Forums does this all the time???.. You really have fucking problems you garbage pile of a person,

yes and is confirmed GOAT so far

you said this on the other thread, confirmed shill

other treks also didnt have initials that literally spelled out "std" you mong.

well, look at what orville is doing. it uses CG, but it has the same effect as if it were models.

its not about the CG, its about obnoxious shaky cam battles with tons of explosions. Trek has a specific kind of space 'feel" and STD just doesnt get it at all, while orville does

I commend your effort trying to defend your shitty show, CBS shill, but please. its way too obvious.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... do you need a hug?

Ok Seth. Keep the cuck plots cumming. :)

You're fat pretentious whore.

That's not how you spell /lit/.

kek... the fact that you guys are this mad about it. you are all going into full meltdown mode and it's hilarious to read. please keep posting

>What is TNG

>cbs shill
Technically, STD's production company is paying a marketing firm that hires independent contractors to use gig economy services to get online shills to post for pennies.

The T in TNG stands for "The," not "Trek." Just like TOS is "The Original Series," fucking retard.

We're a failed species.

>Complaining about people calling things sexy
Quoth the redditor.

>Being a nigger
>WE'RE a failed species.
errrrrrrrrrrr............ I don't think so Jamal

>unironically watching a show about a cuck played by Seth Macfagland that has a trans episode three gigs in
Sad!
>inb4 it wasn't pro-trans
Giving trans shit attention in any way is pro trans.

battlestar galactica ending?

>2000 year old civilization with no concept of space or stars or planets or anything
>hey guys you're on a big ship here's the stars check it out
>cool thanks

what a great story

>Waaaaa why's there space battles in muh sigh figh
Uh maybe because no one wants to spend an hour an episode listening to people talk to each other about boring as fuck shit. There's a reason why Star Trek isn't as popular as Star Wars, and why Star Trek 2 is the best Star Trek film.

>s-stop talking about it
holy kek

the fact it was an actual surprise too was neat. We didn't have a week of promo's yelling "watch Liam Neeson on The Orville"

>no concept of space or stars or planets or anything
they did have a growing concept that there was something beyond their known reality

>never experienced night
>suddenly the sky opens
>wow cool thanks space guys

if the sky suddenly ripped in half to darkness with no warning or explanation you think people would have lost their shit a little more.

it made a decent episode, I'm sorry you can't get over your liberalitis

>NASA develops a prototype EM drive that works
>Wow cool thanks space guys

wtf has "liberalitis" got to do with anything you great spastic? My point is exactly this , imagine your entire view of your reality being revealed to be bullshit, it would blow those people's tiny minds off. The fuck are you on about, librealitis

how does the bait taste?

That's not really on the level of the sky of your world opening to reveal a previously unconceived of endless void

>makes reatrded post
>blown the fuck off
>hurrr it was bate i win

orville fans

Then why do they always call a ship "she"

>Has pictures of emo twinks saved on his hard drive
The absolute state of STD cucks.

I agree, realistically some would have mindbreaked at that moment

On the other hand, how much hard logic should you apply to a sci-fi comedy that nudges the 4th wall?

The 1st three all felt like a pilot episode, for some reason it feels a bit more established in the fourth episode, like they're finding their footing now.

I like how they aknowlege the lameness of the capitan. I liked Startreck but was confused at the wankfest over the obviously incompetent capitans.

It's not too far fetched to assume that everyone kind of knew what's up, especially with how Mr. Ordinator or whatever the fuck he was called was running a gestapo operation on everyone who dared to question his dogma or why there's strange metal doors all over the fucking place that they can't open or touch.

>Ship starts sending out a distress signal
>Fuck the captain we'll save those people while we're sitting on our thumbs
In Star Trek they'd have sent a shuttle or had incredibly convenient timing where the away team comes back in just enough time so they could then go rescue the other people.

yesterday's episode was actually #2 in the production order, but for whatever reason fox aired it as episode 4 (this is why norm's character is still hitting on the doctor, and clayden is trying to get bortus pregnant)