Can anime even work in live action or hollywood just wasn't able to make a proper adaptation yet?
Can anime even work in live action or hollywood just wasn't able to make a...
depends on what kind of anime.
live action movies of rurouni kenshin were pretty enjoyable
As a long time anime fan im going to tell you my feelings about this whole thing. No and yes.
1. It wont work because the orginal fans will get mad that you made a character a nigger, because thats what hollywood does now
2. SJW's will get mad because you made everyone else white.
3. Hollywood has no respect for the source material. They didnt grow up reading shonen jump and watching fan subs.
4. Some anime is actually possible to adapt. The type of anime hollywood adapts is always the worst fucking choice on the planet. Look, i love DBZ but it has no place being a live action movie. What im thinking is something more like cowboy bebop, Baccano, monster. I think baccano in particular would make a great live action movie, its set in america in the 1920's
5.Im glad hollywood will never get anime right because they will never be able to ruin it like they did to western comic books.
Look, the next big thing in movies is actually video games. Someone needs to make that bioshock movie or something that kicks it off
1. Most anime characters are modeled after actual white phenotype. Casting isnt an issue
2. Depends on the anime. Most seasonal anime wont work. alot of the anime reactions and conversations would be total cringe transfered into real life. This is why anime conventions make you want to blow your brains out
3. At some point in the future a good anime adaptation would be made. Ghost in the shell COULD have been good if it was shot by shot remake of the original. Instead they fucked it up by casting a horrible actress and ruining the story
most anime is too far set out of reality to work as live action film, the more serious stuff like perfect blue could work tho
Anime is modeled after Disney animation, thats why they have big eyes
Originally sure. But you cant explain why japanese charcaters with japanese first and last names look like this on the regular.
Sorry. Japan is well known to be madly in love with white people. Most of asia is. In korea they literally chop off parts of their jaw to look more white. Its not a mystery. the "white beauty standard" exists because on a mathematical level whites are the most attractive race
japanese themselves can't even make proper adaptation of their anime or any live action movie in general
japanese live action movies are fucking terrible in general.
because on a mathematical level whites are the most attractive race
You can tell yourself that, but it won't make your ugly face more attractive to the other sex.
y-you cant get laid >:(
super dooper argument there kiddo. Pic related. White objective beauty standard at work
SORTA MAKES YOU THINK WHY 99% OF ANIME CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE WHITE PEOPLE AND NOT FLATFACED NIPS
but anime characters do have flat face
This is what on model japanese anime characters look like
posting korean propaganda
asians are ugly
GTO 1998 live action is kino.
Seriously. Video games should be next, they should be made by serious directors, and they should be respectfully adapted.
Bioshock, fall out, stalker, half life, etc.
Cowboy Bebop could actually work. Keanu would make a good Spike.
keanu would be a terrible spike. When is the last time he did a character that wasnt totally depressed and gloomy? bill and ted?
This, the rurouni kenshin trilogy was kino
Also the Jackie chancity hunter was pretty good, but they were only faithful to like 50% of the show
I like you.
stalker would be good but how would you adapt it? hire a bunch of guys who can speak english in really good russian accents? shoot the thing in russian?
Spike is depressed and gloomy though, he just hides it well
Isn't Stalker already based off of a Soviet film?
but OP that's a video game
its based off a soviet film that is based off a book called roadside picnic
Stalker (the game) took creative liberties and made the "zone" a nuclear accident area.
In the book and the movie it was an "alien pitstop" which in my opinion would make for some serious kino
Spike has charisma,keanue doesn't.
Real talk can we all agree that the anime was shit?
Yes, Japan does it plenty. Nodames live action for example is fucking fantastic and feels identical to the show.
I watched the gintama movie. It was funny t.b.h. Never even seen any of it beforehand. Also, the jjba movie was average though.
it was objectively enjoyable
It was boring, the Light novels about Junko should of been adapted
just set in an area of america that snows a lot like Alaska
Well, the Crows Zero movies were very good. They weren't from anime though just manga.
the first one was fine, but the following ones are just shit.