yawn. kind of a letdown so far

Other urls found in this thread:

theawl.com/2013/09/i-am-an-object-of-internet-ridicule-ask-me-anything/
youtube.com/watch?v=t98TRRI8iow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

P R E T T A Y G O O D

>he doesn't use tongs at buffets for pastries & bread

There's noticeably less improv but Smoove is killing it

I kinda like what he's doing with the fatwa this episode...like it frees him from engaging in social engagements and isn't mentioned again

shit i forgot this was on
when is it replaying?

it's too cinematic

are they really not improv-ing this season?

Dat Tesla advertisement tho

this

it got the Trailer Park Boys treatment. as quality of production goes up, quality of the rest of the show goes down

probably 11.

>it got the Trailer Park Boys treatment. as quality of production goes up, quality of the rest of the show goes down
Eric Andre too.

I feel like Curb is still good, but the cinematic lighting and filming ruins the atmosphere. And the fatwa shit seems kind of forced. Hope there's another normal season after this.

>hehehe le disturbance in the kitchen again!

4/10 episode

first episode was shitty, but i liked the second one better. haven't seen this one, is it closer in quality to the first or second

first episode was the best.

everything in the first episode felt so fucking forced. every single character interaction seemed like it could have been ended with the actors looking at the camera and winking or something.

Fatwa sex talk was the highlight of the episode because I guarantee you it turns Muslim women on.

Court room scene and the Elizabeth Banks shit was garbage though, way too absurd/lot of bad acting.

Ending was also weak as fuck, the chef should have had a payoff.

Anyone else notice Stevie's dad as the judge and that dude from The League who lied about being in the World Trade Center on 9/11 as the chef?

Where's the Vice Principals thread?

>did you just youwho me

They haven't improv'd much for the past few seasons, ever since Larry got a few of the ex-Seinfeld writers on-board. It's fully-scripted now with some improv in spots.

Episode 2 > 3 > 1
Pretty good so far, agreed it's a bit too cinematic but I think the quality is consistent with where they left over (not quite as good as the first couple seasons but still one of the better comedies around)

the last few seasons of the original run where still great though.

Is he a replicant?

Who beeps a cop?

It would be a waste not to suck on it.

The beginning with the shampoo bottle in the shower was prettay prettay good. Everything after was kind of downhill, though I did kek at the fatwa desu senpai.

Just watched the first episode. Forced, but still managed to laugh hysterically a few times. Dunno how to feel, but will definitely watch the rest of the episodes. I feel like Larry should have just left the show how it was.

Smoove was funny as hell in the first episode.

Huge Curb fan here.

This show is just not what it used to be.

The plot isn't relatable and the dialogue is way more scripted. It feels like a completely different show. Sad to say that, despite a few good laughs, I am massively disappointed with this season so far.

I finally saw this show for the first time yesterday. Saw like three episodes, not sure what season. How dreadfully boring. The show is so forced and follows a by the book formula that I could never imagine myself watching another episode. Is the improve aspect supposed to make up for the uninteresting skits.

Oh, one of the episodes I saw was with the black penis cake. Like what is the target audience ages 16-23. Utter Trash

nice bait

I think the change is that the real LD is no longer misanthropic enough. He's become so respected in popular culture that he's gained all this confidence and is now content. His comedy suffers because of it.

I'm happy for him, and it's self correcting. Great work, grows content, comedy suffers, becomes bitter, then he's funny again.

I enjoyed the first 2. This one sucked. Elizabeth banks was awful. The whole restaurant thing didn't work. The final payoff was meh.
Also, wtf is up with cheryl? she seemed so wooden and had like 2 lines.

No I'm serous, I was disappointed. But then again the friends that recommended this show to me also like rick and morty so I'm not suprised by how immature their taste is.

i thought banks was great

what comedy do you like then?

Larry David

> but he was not wrong. the cop should have watched the traffic signal.

Curb went downhill when Larry and Cheryl divorced and the blacks moved in.

That's when they really jumped the shark

leon is the best character pleb

That was the best season tho

Nah, it's strong all the way through. Palestinian Chicken is the best episode.

buy tesla

post daughters

Personally I love Seinfeld. But there were enough funny characters to carry the show. In curb it appears to all hinge on larry daivd, and you either like the absolute forced larry david doing a jew set at level 10 all the time or you don't.

Remeber I only saw three episodes, maybe they were the bad ones, I dont know. But I'm not going to waste more of my time to find out.

What a concept, the creator/writer/main actor carries the show!

the end of episode 2 was one of the best lines in the entire show
>Just get rid of the Muslims!

JB smoove is once again the best part of the show

How the fuck does LD not age at all. I just rewatched season 5 and he looks exactly the same

your wrong

naw he still had some black/grey hair. now he all white

Your comment says absolutely nothing at all. I'm not saying that it's unexpected or unusual. Just that he tries, and In my opinion, falls short. It's all contrived scenes that cater to a more immature audience. Nothing more nothing less

They're both great and they're extremely similar. Curb is looser with it's improvisation. It doesn't always work, but the style is more aspirational and the form of comedy is higher. It doesn't have a new model to look at each week. It also doesn't have a laugh track and it doesn't have zany Kramer and Newman. They're both extremely formulaic.
Saying Curb 'caters to a more immature audience' is an obnoxious criticism. Congratulations for being in your 30s, devoid of taste in comedy beyond the 90s and posting on Sup Forums. You are archaic and obsolete. You are a far higher form of tasteless pleb than a teenager, who atleast might progress rather than your regressive dismissive rotting outdated corpse.

Is Larry really liberal? He seems to portray them in a bad light.

JB Smoove is the only funny part of the new season, and even he can't save it. It's become too absurd and forced. The camerawork is too "hollywood" and the show has lost its low-budget feel.
It really seems like Larry has lost his touch. Season 8 was among the best, he should've quit on a high note.

>It's become too absurd and forced.

Really? It has always been absurd and forced, but managed to be funny anyway. And JB Smoove sucks.

disagree on 8, this feels about the same level to me, strongest seasons are the Cheryl still wife seasons

k

i think the third was the best so far, the first was too self aware, larry was laughing at all of his own jokes

>you will never experience fatwa sex

IS THAT PHOTOSHOP?

this and /pimp&hoez/ kino are the two best shows on television tho'

>the pickle gambit
Hmmmm

P R E T T A Y
P R E T T A Y
PRETTY GOOD

>curb your expectations

>/pimp&hoez/ kino
what's that?

that new xmen series on fox

ah yeah, i watched the first episode a few months ago and thought it was too "teenagery" or something (theres a better word for it i cant think of)
does it get better?

>Mr. Buck Dancer

>Its all contrived scenes that cater to a more immature audience

Wow! He accurately described the show and he still didn't like it! Shock!

there's a cop and a chef and a judge and a fatwa fucker and a hat and a rake and a pair of Steamgelove sunglasses and a bodyguard who hates mumbling and a missing little sister that's not a little sister and the horn is too loud and a yahoo and a tight lipped manager and a disturbamce and a what a fucking clusterfuck this episode was.

Larry is going senile. this was enbarrassing.

I think he leans left in his personal life but all of his comedy is apolitical for the most part in that it makes fun of everyone.

yore enbarrassing.

wow. very clever.

Just happy they got rid of that fucking dumb disguise. Part of the humour is watching Larry David act, and if you can't even see his fucking expressions, it's pointless. Terrible decision to have worn it for so long, and there's too much of a recurrent plot, rather than an episodic format.

theawl.com/2013/09/i-am-an-object-of-internet-ridicule-ask-me-anything/

Does he still do this? I was hoping to use my vacation time to go to Montana, but I might just go to New York and beat the shit out of this guy.

Its so blatant its almost as if its lampshaded.

Curb is built around the concept of the schlemiel, what do you expect?

He is a health nut and obsesses over what he eats.

He's literally a billionaire

The Fable of the Ducks & the Hens

youtube.com/watch?v=t98TRRI8iow

Meh, I think it's still really good. I'm enjoying the season a lot. Maybe my only complaint is how upgraded it looks. But I think the writing is as great as always.

its much weaker, for instance the chef scene went for about 45 seconds too long and felt entirely scripted

Yeah I can agree about that scene, very true.

this fucking guy

that was probably my favorite ever episode of curb

>they fell for the black judge meme

she was, these faggots are just miserable they're the same with every comedy show that has new episodes

Its like he hired a bunch of twitter girls who wrote CYE "funny storylines in 120 characters or less"

It's fucking shit, if we're being honest if this were Season 1 we'd not watch a Season 2

larry is not the kind of person to wax philosophical in a courtroom, ironic or not. and what the fuck is the point of elizabeth banks being in the show?

Is Norm on the new episode?!

She converted to Judaism somewhere between the last season and this one and is thus qualified to star in Curb

Yeah where the fuck are all the payoffs this season

Leakfag here next episode is closer to a standard Curb episode.

wtf theres a new season?

she really has that "I HAVE A VAGINA" look

>take money from tesla
>invest it into production
>polished sitcom production ruins the show
>forced advertising ruins the show

the eternal jew strikes again

This episode was desperately unfunny. Season in general just feels tired.

This was by far the worst episode.

>end series
>wait 6 years
>new season out of nowhere
shiggy