Why didn't K get himself a nice replicant gf?

Why didn't K get himself a nice replicant gf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YYV5Uyk7Qr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the poison of man is always wanting more

how did joi know that he did want to fug her?

Because he was a beta faggot who needed a fake AI gf
aka /ourguy/

Where's he gonna find a legal one? Replicants are meant for work. They aren't allowed to have relationships except at their master's bidding and with AIs like Joi. The only reason the replicant hooker was available at all was because she was living in hiding, disguised as a human.

what part of R9KINO you dont understand
he is literally ourguy
he most likely shitposted on his freetime on a similar site like this one

>k goes to shitpost

>implying humans are better than replicants inb4 cant give birth
>tfw buying an emator for my joigf
>wallace did nothing wrong

Why does a replicant even need a girlfriend? That's just bad programming.

Sup Forums functions quite well without one.

>Sup Forums functions quite well

Because he knows 2D>3D

>Sup Forums functions

I'm fine, really

Were especially stupid and compliant replicant women not available or something? I agree that it doesn't make total sense.

How do we know she is in hiding?

I work full time and support myself

I'm an ideal replicant and I have no companion nor a real need of one

Just jack off each night and I'm good, mostly

Do you think K goes on /k/?

"Pleasure models" are available, but they are only sold to humans for human use. Setting one aside to be the full-time-girlfriend of a poor skinjob would be a huge waste. Using hologram AIs is a much more economical solution to the problem of replicants needing companionship

I never got the impression he was a gun enthusiast, so no

>tfw when you skinjob gf runs out on you and you realize that even a woman designed to be attracted to you and desire to you still managed to break the conditioning and find you repulsive

Very difficult to make a copy of a human brain and remove the desire for companionship. Actually its a really freaking bad idea since you'd have a literal sociopathic killing machine on your hands. Also since he was a model meant for police work and perhaps military as well, he needs testosterone. So he had to come "fully equipped." Also doesn't hurt for Wallace Corp to reuse K's model for male "pleasure units" as well since that probably isn't a large enough market to warrant a completely separate model for exclusively. So K is able to feel the desire for romantic love as a result.

Is this objective fact? They won't let someone like K have a replicant GF?

>The only reason the replicant hooker was available at all was because she was living in hiding, disguised as a human.
lol wut

Because she and her fellow replicant hookers are afraid of K because he is a Blade Runner who hunts their kind (the kind who run). Replicants are all supposed to be controlled, so even if she did have a legal replicant job as a hooker in red light district, there would be no way for her to be in the replicant resistance without whoever her owner is finding out.

It's only speculation

I think it makes sense though

Replicants are considered tools, not people. Plus replicants getting into relationships seems like a good way to drive them off of their baseline, so I don't think it would really be permitted.

>mostly
Sounds like you are just mostly human

that makes sense, but we just don't know. I guess the question is, does K know she's a replicant? I suppose he might not. I thought when she walked up and said, "I don't bite", I took that to mean that everyone around there knows she is a replicant and that's an ice-breaker...

Of-course her boss could very well be in on the whole thing too. Maybe she doesn't even have one; just a portion of the money she makes is automatically sent to the Wallace Corp and she and the others just walk the streets.

I don't think anyone would object to replicates having relationships with each other as long as they still get their work done. The bigger problem would be the fact that male replicants would be far more common then female ones. Lets face it, male replicants would be the standard model for heavy labor, police work, and military service. Female replicants would only really be something bought for sex work, child care, or in a role that a pretty face would be more desirable. You need far more cops and ditch diggers in society then nannies and hookers.

I'm depressed but I get on in life

>I don't think anyone would object to replicates having relationships with each other as long as they still get their work done.

I think the assumption that would be made is that this wouldn't happen or that it wouldn't happen for long

Relationships are emotionally very demanding. That a replicant is even looking for one is probably a sign that they are nearing retirement.

>qt replicant secretary asks you a personal question
>call the police

Is K a self hating replicant?

the scene went like this:
>*she touches K's hand and he stares back blankly*
>"You're not gonna kill me are you?" /sarcasm
>"Depends. What's your model number"
>"Why don't you look into my eye and find out."
>*K's JOI ringtone plays*
>"Ohh. You don't like real girls. Well, I'm always here"

K probably knew, he was a professional runaway-replicant hunter and he fucked with her. He definitely suspected that she was a replicant at first. I actually got the impression that she was a human as I first watched the movie, from how unafraid she was of him after the threat upon her life and how she called herself a "real girl." But it turned out nope, she is definitely a replicant.

I just get high every day and this is the only way I get along

Because they're real human beans
No matter what memories you implant, they'll always want companionship (and if you implant something really traumatic to prevent this, you'll impede their working efficiency and emotional stability)

I see. I just read it differently, but I suppose your way makes more sense.

Too bad, I'd be more inclined to take the bait if it was a replicant hooker because at least that's kind of exotic to me.

Albeit her opener doesn't make that much sense unless she already knows he is a replicant, but why would she let on that she knows that?

Consider this, she's a hologram so she's not seeing him through her projected eyes.
That emitter likely scans body language.
K started smiling the longer she spoke to him.

What is the sex scene song

not him but shes def a replicant, JOI "syncs up" with her.. maybe thats possible with a human but idk

Oh I know she is a replicant, I knew as soon as the resistance leader told her to spy on K, but the question was there K knew she was a replicant at that time. My reading of the scene was that he did, and I took it mean that she and her coworkers are known replicants. Seems believable enough to me that Wallace as replicant brothels and prostitutes.

So when she asked K if he would kill her and he asked about her model number, I didn't see it as playful flirting

Keep in mind I am autist

>fuck hooker
>tell her it was cool to fuck a replicant
>she gives me a confused look

>have replicant GF
>GF needs to have baseline test every single fucking day to make sure she doesn't go rogue or kill me
>Every time we have sex or share a tender moment, I know that the only reason she does it is because she had memories of me implanted in her, along with god knows what else
>One day she isn't at home
>Read on the news that she went on a killing spree and had to be retired

Meanwhile with the hologram you have no remorse, because you know it's just a computer program.

joi syncing seemed like the program just detecting the shape and dimensions of the person to properly overlay the joi projection, not some kind of cybernetic interfacing since they move dependently

independently i mean

Would you feel bad that even a woman designed and conceived purely to love ultimately ran out on you?

I still don't get the hologram thing. How the fuck was she being projected out of thin air? He carried that little thing around with him sure, but the majority of the time it was concealed, so how the fuck does it project a perfect hologram? So much dumb "future tech" shit.

I'd feel better if it wasn't a real person

Nanomachines, son
Either that or manipulation of electromagnetic radiation. Radio can pass through solid objects so maybe they found out a way to project real light in the same way.

Seems ludicrous, but alright. Would have prefered it being a projection within his own mind tbqh. Implant the Joi right in his head so he can see her but nobody else can.

youtu.be/YYV5Uyk7Qr8

It's called Joi, fitting

>k posts on /k/

Yeah, but still pretty crushing. It means there is no hope.

Because he's a Blade runner who's also a replicant so that means both humans and his own kind hate him. Join was the only one who'd at least give him something of a relationship. He wanted something real which you can tell by him telling Joi "you don't have to say that" when she tells him she loves him

Thanks, my guy. Cant check songs at the moment and only wanted to buy that one song

You see multiple Replicants throughout the movie that are the same model as her. The resistance scene I counted 3 of her

Really? I didn't get a good look

Wish there was a screen shot

I'll watch for that when I see it again tomorrow

ah, patrician

K is likely less than 10 years old
K wanted a traditional look in his AI
K likes old music
K doesn't understand all his emotions

he doesn't want a whore, he wants a normal housewife

CELLS INTERLINKED

>Also since he was a model meant for police work and perhaps military as well, he needs testosterone
TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW