Why do normies get so buttflustered about subtitles?

why do normies get so buttflustered about subtitles?

even if a movie or show has one scene where another language is spoken and subtitles have to be read the normies get triggered as fuck, forget about foreign movies

*Americans
subitles are a standard everywhere else because majority of movies are made in english. Aremricans are dumb, not normies per se

I'm American and only watch with subtitles

but animefags have been reading subtitles forever almost like normies don't read subtitles or watch anime

I worked in a video store back when they existed

a tremendous amount of people would want to exchange rentals when they realised it was subtitled

we had to start putting stickers on the boxes to let people know

These were also the people that struggled with pronouncing 'Equilibrium', it's not normies - it's dumb dumbs

They said it takes too long to read them and they miss the film

>These were also the people that struggled with pronouncing 'Equilibrium'

Are people this stupid that common?

>tfw learned english thanks mainly to subtitled films
>relatives and friends complain about needing to learn english for this or that but not wanting to take official courses
>I suggest subtitled films
>"ugh no, I can't focus on both the film and the subtitles"

I an fluent in English and I also have trouble focusing if I see English subtitles.

because reading is hard for normies that's why they communicate in mostly emojis and text speak

Undercover 90s born normalfag detected.

It bothers me because I like to browse the internet or work on things while I'm watching. If the movie has subtitles then it forces me to focus entirely on the movie, which is nearly impossible for me at this point.

Then why not practice watching something you've watched before? The type of film or show you can rewatch over and over.

Kill yourself you add faggot.

I worked at Blockbuster when Pan's Labyrinth came out, we had to label the DVD cases because so many people complained it was in Spanish.

Yes, we can't comprehend our own language. That's why we don't like ugly words taking up the screen and disrupting the visuals.

Yes.

IQ based eugenics when?

Would you handle a shooter like that Sup Forums?

I always used to have this power fantasy where I imagined if someone was robbing shit or threatening people, I could just sucker punch them and jump on their neck because I think about suicide daily, so I wouldn't supposedly have any fear of death... I know thats cringy bullshit though because I'd very likely just be frozen solid & scared.

Still, I don't know if I have a fear of death or not. I acknowledge its narcissistic to imagine I wouldn't have, but I haven't really been in any threatening situation even though I've tried to pick fights at pub and at street after hours. It feels like a walk inside a safe bubble

Youre not meant to die yet. Just remember that. Youre immortal until youre not. Until your time comes everything in-between is meant to scare you but make you stronger through survival. Dont be afraid. You cant change whats meant to happen. You cant predict it, and you cant stop it. In this situation you are immortal. You may strike without fear and stomp his neck, become he hero because thats what youre meant to be.

Or you could lunge, and he will wheel around and shoot you, if you die, then maybe your only purpose was to teach an on-looker a lesson about being a hero. Or maybe youll die because your mother ran a man over on the way home from work one day and your death is the punishment. Hell, maybe your significant other is on their way to the next chapter in their life and youre just meant to be the page turner on the way there.

Either way go in fully confident that whatever happens was meant to, and you are fulfilling a destiny. Youre immortal until youre not.

>It bothers me because I like to browse the internet or work on things while I'm watching

how can one man be so pleb?

What the fuck did you mean by this?

You're a normalfag afraid of offending your cock sucking friends

>subitles are a standard everywhere else because majority of movies are made in english. Aremricans are dumb, not normies per se

no, in other countries they just have a tired 30yo guy talking over the dialogue

quality bait

*tips katana*

>our own language

spanish?

>normies
You mean amerilards, frogs and Germans

I'd call this good bait if I didn't have a friend who does that. Then again, he does have ADHD and is considered on the spectrum

It's needed soon.
Right now, the bottom of the barrel sub 80 IQ retards are popping out piles of kids while educated people wait until they are thirty and then have one or two (or none).
We're becoming monkeys again.

Americans can't even differentiate between then and than. Even here in Sup Forums it usually happens. What is wrong with their education?

idk these days i usually have subs on just because i have the hearing of a 80 y/o chinese lady

I don't take anybody that says 'normie' seriously

This is bait but my roommate actually does this
Even with subbed shows

In cinemas most movies are shown undubbed. Whether TV prefers dub or sub depends on the country, but it's usually at least a mix.

>tfw I have had subtitles on my entire life so for me no subtitles is the thing that is distracting

Wow, touched a nerve, why do subtitles trigger you so much? Are words and images too much for your plebbit mind to comprehend at the same time?

Sup Forumsutists like me love subtitles.

I actually prefer movies with subtitles now. I find it easier to understand what's going on.

Why are so many movies mumblecore these days? I know it's not just my TV setup either because it happens on several sets in my house. I even get different copies of the same film. Shrek 4 was ATROCIOUS, the music was so fucking loud and the dialogue was really hard to make out. Interstellar was like this too.

Jokes aside I'm not autistic enough to turn subtitles on on English movies.

Lose and loose.

I am.

I think it depends on how much reading you as a kid, for me reading subs aren't any more hindering than just listening to the audio.

Or as it has already been said many times, something to do with Americas shit education system.

I don't even watch anime and I always use subtitles. They help me concentrate on the film and make it easier to understand what's going on in the flick

>why do normies
>things that never happened

stop replying to an autistic troll you idiots

I do it with Blu-Ray commentaries. They make good white noise and can be pretty comfy sometimes
>ywn have a beer with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell and watch some decade old movie you made together

Is it possible to be at least somewhat competent in Japanese language by watching animé or nip shows?

I dont have a problem with subtitles. I have a problem with normalfags pretending they're not normalfags.

See what I mean? Look how they get absolutely booty blasted and attempt to shut down the conversation, while frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs. Must be a sickness of the normie mind.

100% this

I've been watching movies with subtitles since childhood, even though I understand english with no problem now I still turn on subtitles because it's part of the experience.

People like this are the reason why "american education" meme exists.

wise words my man, have to humble in this world

generally reading is discouraged in america

they raise people like cattle there, programming them since early childhood and then set them off to eat one another.

But hey, MUH FREEDUMBS, don't want to become like a soviet hellhole.

>RREEEEE I DON'T WANT TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!! FOREIGN LANGUAGES TRIGGER ME
t. americunts

lol and the first guy was worried his post was gonna come off as cringey bullshit. sheesh

Only dubbed movies I've ever seen are childrens movies, the rest are subtitled.

>people who enjoy movies dont prefer reading
surprise surprise

I'm fine with subtitles if the movie's main draw is the writing, but when I care about the visuals, as with anime, it's a serious issue. I want to be free to look at the focus of the shot, but instead I have to keep my eyes at the bottom of the screen. It's terrible.

THIS. Close the thread, Americans are fucking retarded.

Probably because Americans have problems with reading.

I guess it's more with anglos. People around here are used to read subtitles.

But I'm dutch and I still fucking hate subtitles.

If I wanted to read, I'd get a book.
>tfw American so I don't need subtitles to watch 90% of movies
Feels good

>I an fluent in english

this, if you are reading subtitles at the bottom of the screen, the movie(what you are supposed to be fucking watching) is at best getting partial attention. it's no better then browsing Sup Forums while watching a movie. not the worst thing in the world if it's capeshit or something but if you are trying to immerse yourself properly in a movie it's not ideal.

i also like how some of you are acting like being able to read is some special skill only you have. unless you live in detroit, it's not special get over yourself. watching subtitled movies doesn't make you some film critic it just means you probably live in shit-skin-istan or france.

>this, if you are reading subtitles at the bottom of the screen, the movie(what you are supposed to be fucking watching) is at best getting partial attention.

t.Billy-Bob

its objectively worse than understanding the spoken language.

sometimes i dont want to read a movie. i want to watch the actors act, stare at the bottom of the screen waiting to read what the fuck is going on

tfw can't get best friend to watch oldboy because it has subtitles

Not an argument.

>if you are reading subtitles at the bottom of the screen, the movie(what you are supposed to be fucking watching) is at best getting partial attention

It takes me literally one second to read a medium length sentence. Scenes with more complex dialogue tend to just be back-and-forth conversations where it isn't crucial that I pay close attention to what's on screen.

Its only burgers who dont want to read

it's called mexican dummy

right so it's a distraction, even if it's minor. wouldn't it be better, all things being equal, to not have that distraction? or is your movie experienced really enhanced that much from sniffing your own farts from being able to enjoy subtitled movies unlike the plebs?

>implying Americans can even understand English

There is literally no reason to ruin films by dubbing or having a voice over unless the viewers can't read (cartoons).