Reminder that if you're favorite director isn't on this list, you're a certified pleb

Reminder that if you're favorite director isn't on this list, you're a certified pleb.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_auteurs

Good list

>Quentin Tarantino
>auteur

He is. By any measurable standard he is. You can instantly tell that a Tarantino movie is a Tarantino movie. Auteur does not equal good.

The only superproduction that can incontrovertibly be considered the sole contribution of one man is Griffith's Intolerance.

Posting actual patrician list.

Here comes the Griffisu-autist. Thread is ruined.

mcfucking kys, pseud

Studio hacks are not allowed to be called patrician. 99% of the directors in the OP did nothing of significant worth.

>i hatee griffith so much my faves? everything by orson welles!

t. Pseud

If you idolize John Ford you are actually idolizing D.W. Griffith by proxy. Suggesting otherwise is foolish to the highest degree,

its time to edit that page is see

How can you call someone an auteur when he merely mimics everything done before?

based Paul Thomas Anderson

Oops!!

>no Stroheim
>Béla Tarr

Greed>Satantango

Name something Satantango did new

Griffith invented cinema.
Eisenstein perfected it.
Spielberg killed it.
Snyder resurrected it.

it's wikipedia, have at it

>Eisenstein

you're joking, right?
von stroheim didn't use half-hour-long takes

>using (((kubrick))) to bash on based eisenstein
typical ameriacn director doesn't understand editing and juxtaposition. baka

typical ameriacn director doesn't understand laying down the law of cinema. baka

>Nicolas Winding Refn
hehehe hohoho hehehe hohoho

>Guts shitposting online.

typical redditor transplant doesn't know how to quote the post he's responding to

>griffith is a titan of cinema but if you think the artform begins and ends with him, you need to watch more non-hollywood films

>Verhoeven
>Wes Anderson
>Kubrick
>Bergman

all good

I, too, enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

>no Jodorowsky