Now that the dust has settled

Can we all agree Ghost In The Shell 2017 was a better sci-fi than Bladder Runner 2049?

>the streets look more like the original Blade Runner than the BR2049
>shot on real location and enhanced with CGI as opposite as empty plastic set with orange smeared everywhere
>isn't 3 hours long

this

Both will be forgotten when you fedoracore pleblords start calling mute by duncan jones kino in a few months

Bro I literally have been hearing about that movie since years ago

Can you please tell me what PS2 game is this? Thanks.

BR2049 was shot on real locations you retarded chimp

No it's a set in Budapest

>HURR it copied another film more closely so its better!

It was shot all over the world fucktard

Ghost in the Shell 2017 was a better film and better cyberpunk than Blade Runner 2049. That much is obvious.

I wont say that GitS is just as good as Blade Runner 2. But I have been saying since the beginning that GitS LOOKS just as good as BR2

Kek

GitS wasn't too bad for what it was. It tried too hard to cram multiply stories and characters into it and it made the story a bit off-putting for fans of the series. They shouldn't have resolves Motoko's backstory in one film and they should have done a closer adaptation of the original, with little hints sprinkled throughout. I't basically should have felt like more of "A day in the life of Motoko Kusanagi" Instead of "Evil corporation doing evil things to be evil with Motoko needing to stop them"
If it does have a sequel, which I personally would still go see, they should do a very grounded police investigation style version of Innocence. Batou's actor was great and Togusa's actor didn't really get a chance to shine, but together in a story they would easily be able to handle a somewhat lowered budget movie about an investigation that was even hinted at in the live action GitS. Plus, without Scarjo sucking up a big portion of the film's budget, they could make it more grounded and more character and story driven rather than the visual spectacle that we got.
>Honestly, Innocence is a better "Story" and would be much easier to adapt as a film in my opinion

It looks like shit and every screenshot in this thread is awful CGI mess.

No, Blade Runner was shit but had better action segments and decent acting.

Secibd favourite kino of the year

>Looks as good as BR2049
Yeah, no. Like I said, I enjoyed it for what it was but it REALLY missed it's mark when it comes to certain things like the philosophical questions and they made the city feel too weirdly sci-fi in a lot of places where it shouldn't.

I'm bored here at work so I'm just going to keep posting some gifs from Innocence

Nah it was mediocre and badly directed.
The story was 1:1 of the anime, the anime story was never good and it's even less relevant and has nothing to say in 2017. And Scarjo looked bloated and fat

Blade Runner was pure fucking kino with some of the best talent working in Hollywood having creative control

>we are reaching contrarian levels we thought were impossible

You niggers are just ramping up the shitposting for (you)s because finally there is a movie most people on Sup Forums liked.

>1:1 of the anime
Says someone who's never fucking watched the anime or would know how autistic this sounds.
>Scarjo looked bloated and fat
At least you said something right
Rebecca Ferguson would have been a MUCH better looking Major

Fuck off normalfag the movie was shit, why does America think it's cool to ruin Japanese shit?
>Hiroshima
>Nagasaki
>now this
The fuck is wrong with you people?

Ghost in the Shell is what people think Cyberpunk is.

2049 is what Cyberpunk actually is.

I see a lot of complaints about 2049 only having ~30 minutes of the big rainy city but those people are retards who don't realize that Cyberpunk is thematic and not a specific location.

sure user

This is true. If you look at the city from the anime it has next to zero large advertisements and/ or holograms and sci-fi shit. It was too much sci-fi and less of a dirty cyberpunk world. It got some things right with character looks and certain little things, but every shot of the city was too much.
Blade Runner had a much better feel to it than the live action GitS
God they ruined that shot and missed the fucking point there

Wew where do I even start
First off all the shots OP posted look like overused CGI trash.
Second, BR2049 used very little CGI. For example this shot is an actual projection of the actress and all the lighting you see is real