"1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die"

This list is a meme, right?
1001films.wikia.com/wiki/The_List

I mean Pierrot Le Fou is in it and it was pretty bad if innovative, and it finishes with Moonlight which won the Oscar because it was PC (a lot of the academy critics who voted for it admitted never having watched it). La La Land deserved that Oscar.
>inb4 dishonest

Other urls found in this thread:

theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php
youtube.com/watch?v=bJ_5qO7H_Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i mean moonlight wasnt bad but yeah it didnt deserve the award

I just realized Thief isn't in the list, nor To Live and Die in LA, while Star Wars TFA is in it. I'm now absolutely convinced the list is a meme, much like the top 250 of IMDb that once had The Dark Knight as the best movie of all time.

based best emma poster

Moonlight was way better than La La Land, though.

post your trip back on Krager niggerfaggot

>that perfectly shaped butt
Jealous roasties will say it's shopped

> No Sunshine.
> No Gardenstate.

Seems a better list than most already actually.

Ghostbusters 2017 where we broke the glass ceiling for equality and womens rights.

r/emmaroberts is that way you literal cucks.

Can't tell if i should shitpost because it's a Roberts thread or leave it alone because it defends La La Land

>Best Emma
>isn't even called Emma
Fuck off. I love Fake Emma as much as everyone, but Best Emma is Roberts.
Hell, I even said La La Land deserved the Oscar.
Why not both? :^)

thats a big slag

>1001 movies

Have 1000 movies even been made?

Both are forgettable, hollywood drivel

it would take like 12 years to watch 1001 movies

>Star Wars TFA

Pretty sure I could die and not regret missing a movie that didn't even have to be made.

>he watches at 1x
look at this pleb lmao

>wasting 6 years

>not watching at 4x

>it finishes with Moonlight which won the Oscar because it was PC (a lot of the academy critics who voted for it admitted never having watched it). La La Land deserved that Oscar.
funny that you say this because La La Land occupies a more privileged spot in the list

>he hasn't watched over 1000 movies
Why are you here.

you could do it in 65 days if you watched movies back to back for 24 hours straight

Yes, it's utter shit. Use this list instead:
theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

Now let's Emma post.

I think only 800 movies have ever been made so this list is just BS.

>no midnight express
that one is shit too

Most are shit, TSPDT is just flawed. It's das Beste.

>apocalypse now is in it
>platoon isn't

watch more movies, plebs

not an argument
the list is missing masterpieces and putting films that aren't as good

Apocalypse Now is far too high on the list but it's much better than Platoon.

that's like, your opinion, man

Best Emma would spit in your mouth if she heard you say Pierrot Le Fou is pretty bad

Only virgins hate on Pierrot Le Fou.

samefag
I appreciate Pierrot Le Fou in an artsy way, but it felt like going to the theater to watch a play with the dumb props used. Specially the scene in the car. French cinema has a tendency to do this, but for example Le Dîner de cons did it in a much more self-aware way and got away with it.

>Best Emma teaches Jimmy how to perfect a bitch face
top kek
youtube.com/watch?v=bJ_5qO7H_Ms

i need this

You're referring things like the fake car crash, I assume. That, for one, was obviously meant to feel false and staged, they even comment on the staging ironically. Something like they need to fake their own "car crash" look realistic or else no one will believe it, while standing in front of that fake shit.

Please try to use your brain when watching films. Too many people just check out, and use it as a purely visceral experience. The whole movie pokes fun at filmmaking form and structure, and it's really easy to spot. I'd recommend a rewatch (Remember the various references to the film's genre? "Let's go back to our crime movie" at the end of the sequence where they said fuck it to the plot to bang on an island for 10 minutes before they get bored, is one example.)

Also I'm not that other poster. Try to understand that usually classics are well-regarded for good reason.

lel, he's too good at it
I suspect he might be a closet fag

>You're referring things like the fake car crash, I assume. That, for one, was obviously meant to feel false and staged, they even comment on the staging ironically. Something like they need to fake their own "car crash" look realistic or else no one will believe it, while standing in front of that fake shit.
No, I'm talking about the scene with the lights, when they are "traveling"

BTW it was genius at the part when everyone talked like an ad. It felt like a Truman hears his wife recite an ad episode.
That said, the movie as a whole didn't work well for me.

so out of all the possible inconsistencies one could point out when picking what shoukd be 1001 essential films (is gurdians of the galaxy a must-watch from the history of cinema? i don't think so) your complain is about Pierrot Le Fou?

you have to go back my friend

I didn't bother watching Guardians of the Galaxy, lel

>being a stoner

I once was one too, but then I found out about Best Emma