Were they the last good films?

>no forced diversity
>no overesaturated picture
>no overdone cgi
>no meme combat every moment
>no jump cuts
>every actor perfectly fits their role
>saga of the oldest tale in existence

I think it was. There are a few films here and there that come close to the series as a whole but everything since has paled in comparison.

BvS

>there are a few films here and there

>babby's first fantasy
>good

>12 hours of walking.
>Good films.

Chose one.

My fav meme

until now? yeah I think so, but blade runner 2049 is just as good

hope we see a revival in cinema because I can't take another 20 years without kino

For the love of fuck get out of your comfort zone. They aren't special for having white people, it's just a series of giant blockbusters. Cinema isn't dead.

>the oldest tale in existence
Lol

oh yeah it's just a coincidence that they happen to be good while movies with (((diversity))) are flopping left and right

I'd ask for what you consider to be good cinema made since then, but I can smell your list of pretentious arthouse garbage from a mile away

Dumb nu right poster

Whom do you serve?

fantastic rebuttal

I was actually thinking about this just yesterday. No movie has captured the magic of hollywood meme as well since.

There's still good movies coming out obviously, but massive budget blockbusters have never come close since

What about the legolas shield surfing scene that was pretty memey.

Reminder lotrfags are legit cancer redditards. Gimli ane Legials were quipping left and right. Literally quipping their kill count.

Sheeeeeiiiit...

>soon whitebois

Your post is literally a meme. A big meme. Let me guess you're under 25

Nobody will take your meme buzzwords seriously, Sorry

Gets me everytime that pic, it's so cliche you'd think it was satire.

Not an argument. Either post your proof that cinema isn't dead or fuck off.

What proof? Anything I post will probably be disregarded and replied with meme buzzwords. You cant reason with the nu right, you can only mock their dumb smelly, crusty asses

I don't agree with your points, but yes LoTR was the last film before diversity quotas took hold

Watch more kino

They might be the last great blockbusters. I guess The Dark Knight was good too, although it hasn't aged nearly as well as LOTR

It's an indisputable fact that LOTR is the best fantasy films ever made. Perhaps even the best films ever created.

Capeshit and Disney shit make just as much money, box office has nothing to do with quality

Kek look at this board.

>dark knight before LOTR

Eddy is a good guy who worked hard to be where he is. Its not his fault

>no meme combat
>oldest tale in existence
So these are the reasons why the lord of the rings movies were the last good movies. Great criticism OP

And what if I told you everyone posts here thinking Sup Forums isnt satire when a majority are that image.

Here's a free sample of (you) 4u, take care of it

It was filled with meme combat, and big army fights were terrible. You also suddenly realise that when Theoden was making his grand speech, not one of the soldiers would've heard shit he was saying.

This
See

china had less than africa, this is what insectoid mentality brings to you

>No movie has captured the magic of hollywood meme as well since.
LOTR is so good because it's NOT a Hollywood movie. It's a New Zealand film.

>box office has nothing to do with quality

Ghostbusters: answer the call

.....fucking Gyllenhaal? He's a fine actor and all, but really?

>i go to the cinema twice a year during the summer blockbuster season: the thread

I found the child

good argument

The actors are all American and we paid for it, its an American movie

I hate how Sup Forumstards use the scene like Lao Yang knew a thing about what he was talking about. The scene really shows that despite spending a year 'talking' he still doesn't understand how things work and really it was Eddie who was making progress in-spite of Yang constantly trying to do things the Chinese way (by cheating and catching cheats) and never learning.

>no overdone cgi
are you blind or just a fanboy?

it's American

>mfw googling actors to tell you that literally nobody was american
>mfw Hugo Weaving was born in Nigeria

Star wars made 2 billion dollars
Nobody is arguing with op, they are just making fun of him

The first one sucked. The second one was ok, and the third one was the only one that was really good, but it hasn't aged well. I love the fantasy genre, there's much better shit

bit sad really

saw quite a few people saying they'd never heard of fucking Kurosawa the other day

No. It's on par with any other modern CGI chink flick. It's terribly dull and ugly cinema. I saw the first movie when I was 15 immediately after school and actually started reading a book in the cinema out of boredom.

Peter Jackson needs to go back to practical effects and black comedy.

it's also ridiculous to expect the fucking Congolese of all people to have magically known how to maintain all the infrastructure and how to build a proper society once the Belgiums fucked off when they made absolutely no attempt to educate the local population on anything

say every single engineer in America fucked off and took all engineering education resources with them. would you expect that the average high school graduate would then know how to maintain train lines or how to manage an entire fucking country? no imagine the same thing but with a population that had no education whatsoever

The dark knight trilogy
>no forced diversity
>no overesaturated picture
>no overdone cgi
>no meme combat every moment
>no jump cuts
>every actor perfectly fits their role
>saga of the oldest tale in existence

>mfw op actually believes the lord of the rings is the oldest tale in existence
The absolute state of this board

It's easily the most effort and talent that has or ever will go into props, costuming, makeup, art, practical effects, locations and physical worldbuilding.

>actually started reading a book in the cinema
That's pathetic, user.

Best Freinds go on a journey together and fall in love. One of them leaves to be with a roasty and the other kills himself.

It is the original story.

LOTR is real ancient history

There was a lot of stupid shit with Legolas and cut scenes like the scouring of the shire.

It wasn't all perfect.

>scouring of the shire
wasn't this in the book though

Lol

>ROTK should have been an hour longer
Why not put Tom bombadil back in it while ur at it m7

>WE WUZ THE FELLOWSHIP N SHEIT

Imagine living like op Lmao

so it was a diverse movie after all!

well, to be fair i wouldnt be open to the idea of fucking a guy either. But to each his own

Even if it made you Mifune?

>nomatter what happens, they will never take LOTR from you

feels good man

It was raining like hell out and I was comfy. Figured it would pick up at some point.
It didn't.

hmm so you were inside the cinema but knew that it was bucketing down outside and so you sat there in very poor lighting and read a book that you really had no reason to be carrying in the first place?

Tips fedora
Tolkien hated it when people called it a fairy tale
It's based off of Pagan mythology and from ancient secret books that he had access to

Ancient books from a basement of Oxford only he was allowed to read
Real Pagan history that was destroyed by the ((christians)))
This is what the lord of the rings was about

Why would you ever not carry a book? What do you do when there's no one to talk to?

…This is all based on Truth…and he would get ANGRY when people said this was only analogy and metaphor. He would say, ‘NO! It isn’t analogy and metaphor! This is what I learned from my reading…’

This, hobbits are real, Old books prove it

>Level of diversity is an important factor in films

It started to rain when I got there.
Also
>immediately after school
Hmm why would I have a book?

You're fucking seething.

>Tolkien hated it when people called it a fairy tale
He referred to it as a fairytale himself. He hated it being branded satire, seeing as with fairytale you can cut close to some universal truths without being overtly political

He said it it must be true

>I'm so le sceptical
Go back to your faggot website

Orcposting is patrician tier

gee I wonder who you voted for
racist dick

>Denis Villanueve
t. Amerifat

This is now an orcposting thread

>no overdone cgi
You need to rewatch RotK. Green screen everywhere.

no Idris?

reported for racism

Mods don't care about racism

Orcs are fictional retard

So is your sexlife

(You)

Passion of the Christ.

>no overdone cgi
Return of the King was full of overdone CGI. Even in Two Towers, a lot of the battle scenes looked fake.

There are only three Americans on the whole main cast list

Peter Jackson and his Kiwi mates poured all of the money they had into the movies too

This. When the British left India they left behind the rail networks and trains which are still in use today because they were actualy shown what to do and how to keep those things maintained.

Some of these African countries were left with all the sae stuff but they had no idea how to use any of it because the people who ruled over them didn't want the blacks touching any of the equipment.

Filthy orc detected

>LOOKS LIKE MEME'S BACK ON THE MENU GOYS

Lel saved/10