ITT we deconstruct why the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is shit

1. Larry is no longer charismatic, he's entirely a gross Woody Allen parody. You might say hes never been charismatic, but I'd disagree, he has his moments, and is very charming sometimes in a funny off colour way. Now he's just annoying. Everything he does is annoying. There's no likable guy, there's just a prick, a prick who constantly makes mistakes, and it's not endearing because he isn't endearing, he's just a prick who fucked up.

2. The actors are phoning it in. Jeff in particular seems like he forgot how to be funny or act. Susie and Leon are holding their scenes up, everyone else including Larry are just dropping the ball.

3. The production makes it look like some fucking Real Wives of Jewish Baldman for some fucking reason. The fly on the wall direction is gone, and now we're living in some Hollywood version of Larry's mundane life. When before we'd follow him to a dry cleaner or moving furniture for a blind guy, now we're waiting for him to walk down Sunset Boulevarde and do a twirl and wink at the camera and say Ain't Life Great.

I'm about out of words now. Fuck you Larry. Whoever told you to make the show more polished is a fuckwit, and you suck for listening to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-g6kHrR6rw
youtube.com/watch?v=hVg5QqJoxuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jeff really does seem terrible this season. He's probably a frontrunner for the Weinstein biopic, though.

Speaking of shit, why the shit did scene groups release a copy of ep2 as ep3?

you really wasted your time writing this. The new season is great. they didnt mess with the formula at all really. Stop looking into things so hard

there's a reason it took this long for larry to write a season. he's pretty much completely drained of ideas. can't blame him, he's been doing this shit since the 80s

You underestimate the autism of this board. There's a thread up right now where people are arguing the continuity and artistic integrity of Friday the 13th movies.

It took me about 2-3 minutes. It was enjoyable. Some of us can write and think easily, for others I'm sure those few sentences caused a lot of trauma, and I'm proud you were able to get through it.

I agree with #3, I miss when Curb looked like shit

>he's entirely a gross Woody Allen parody
t. someone who has never actually seen a Woody Allen film, but just sort of assumes this anyway. If i'm wrong, take a sentence or two to say how he's like Woody Allen?

This season is much better, so far, than the last- which did feel thin and like everything was too much of a contrivance. This feels reinvigorated, like Seinfeld, bursting with funny ideas/observations/bits he's thought abut for the last couple years.

>The fly on the wall direction is gone
This is fine. In the very first episode, the pilot, the conceit was that they had a camera crew following them around. Larry and Jeff talked to the camera. While they dropped the camera crew proper, it was still filmed as if there was one, unnecessarily. Yeah, it was comfy, low budget-ish, whatever, but didnt make much sense and was a little distracting.

This way, cleaner, more cinematic, again feels a little fresher, why not? There is no camera crew and liberated from that conceit the camera can do more and bolster the humor/

You sound like a high functioning autist

He behaves like an unlikable stupid jew. It's a woody allen trope. It's not a hard and fast rule but it's appropriate.

Yeah I'm sure when the highest form of education you got came from a marvel comic you might get intimidated by a handful of words

We should all dumb ourselves down for this poster from now on, so he doesn't get upset, and can feel comfortable with his television and movies away from scary written words

>He behaves like an unlikable stupid jew. It's a woody allen trope.

Aww, bud. Is 'unlikable stupid jew' the best you can do? And it's not a Woody Allen trope. Very simplistic and quite frankly, dull.

Episode 1 was really not good. Had a few laughs but it was disappointing. I attribute it to them finding the rhythm again. Episode 2 was significantly better. Lot of subtle laughs like when Larry said he couldn't sleep because he thought he kept hearing voices making him paranoid and then Leon said he couldn't sleep because he kept having people come in and out of his room. Episode 3 was quite good and had some of the best laughs from a Curb episode since possibly season 5, though I wasn't a big fan of the ending.

The season is good and I'm glad is back and no freddie fuddy duddy like OP is going to mrain on my parade.

Being a Jew and complaining about everything isn’t enough to be a woody Allen copy. There’s still room to carve out a niche within other whining Jews.

>people are into different things

Hmm, you dont say, autismo friend

Cant make a comment right now sorry, Fatwa.

It got repacked

First episode wasn't that great imo, loved the second and third.

Only difference I see from other seasons is the camera angles in some scenes

Jeff always cheated on suzy. Can you really blame the guy?

Its my favourite season of curb

Yes. Shes sexy and would be so much fun in bed. Maybe he just wants a girl to hug him and call him sugar.

>not 4

7 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 8

>The fly on the wall direction is gone
What? Is it really?

curb is shit now, it peaked 2 seasons ago

it stinks of catchphrase repetition, staredowns, vile jokes, contrived encounters and leon is just an unfunny annoying character who should have left many seasons ago

marty and ted danson used to be relatively normal characters to balance out larry, but now they're both insane as well

not a fan of the new camera shit

it would have been better if this season was set during the 2016 election cycle and larry was mistaken for bernie sanders by college students and gets in trouble with snowflakes at the supermarket

Yes it looks like a low budget straight to DVD Disney movie

She calls him a fat fuck with little to no prompting. I love her though, she's one of my favorite character, but part of the humour for me is the fact that jeff is stuck with her yelling at him

good taste

and 9 is shaping out to be the worst season of the lot

yeah but I still enjoy it. The worst Curb is better than Master of None, You're the Worst, Insecure, Atlanta, and whatever bullshit "modern comedy" I'm expected to watch.

>it would have been better if this season was set during the 2016 election cycle and larry was mistaken for bernie sanders by college students and gets in trouble with snowflakes at the supermarket
thanks to you i'm now i'm eternally disappointed in the new season and i haven't even watched it

>DUDE RUDE WAITER INTERACTIONS LMAO

getting tired of this episode lads

also they could have him join a neo nazi group because of his bald head

I agree and I just don't think that Curb needed to continue even though it's one of my all time favorite shows. It already did everything it needed to, the seinfeld reunion was the perfect culminating finale of the original series and it didn't need to go any further. This isn't like Twin Peaks where there was more to explore and it felt like it was cut short, 8 seasons for a simple comedy show like Curb was a perfect run.

this is certainly a rick and morty or big bang pseudo genius fan...
jump on any counters screaming for a packet of sauce?

First ep was one of the best i have seen. Hes not a prick hes making a point of how sensitive all the snowflakes in the world are and that in comedy esspecially observational comedy nothing should be off limits.

The show has run out of material.

JB Smoove having to cause a distraction with a pickle jar at a hotel? What the fuck? Old tired premise and nonsensical.

The show is now basically a Looney Tunes cartoon with live actors. Nothing based in reality.

4. It's not

I really dont like the whole HD look.

This season sucks. Reused gags, reused jokes. Seems more scripted, less ad libbed. Just all around shitty and the morons that defend it are the type of morons that find anything funny (ie. R&M, Orville).

His daughter's web series is insanely better than this season

youtube.com/watch?v=X-g6kHrR6rw

Its been great so far.

What are you on about? The new season is great.

wait this is actually pretty fucking good

only a tiny bit better
like comparing two brands of toilet paper

guess I'll just have to settle on married with children reruns

Why is uncle jun on TV?

There was a minor disturbance in OP's home

>married with children
>funny

it is
youtube.com/watch?v=hVg5QqJoxuU

>laugh track
no

this made me want to throw up 40 seconds in

Woody Allen trope is a jew characterized by high neuroticism, low self esteem, and high intelligence. Larry is a neurotic jew (like pretty much ALL jews, so the trope you're talking about is really the kike trope), but he doesn't have low self esteem, nor high intelligence. So he's not Woodcraftian by any measure.