/hor/ror General - The Official Sup Forums Horror Thread

Welcome to /hor/, a 24/7 general for the entire month of whenever the fuck anons feel like making it.

Question of the thread: What movie features your favorite death scenes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3qP3Tx19w7c
youtube.com/watch?v=co6sCbkkP68
youtube.com/watch?v=Udw8n_9i0gk
youtube.com/watch?v=jthyIL1njOg
youtu.be/lB_PB0cYVVo
youtu.be/p6vTI7aDIHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>favorite death scenes?
Well Street Trash comes to my mind

youtube.com/watch?v=3qP3Tx19w7c

Anybody knows the name of that short film
>Fake ad for an action figure
>kids are teleported into the realm of their action figure
>turns out it's a complete mess
>one kid is killed
>the other is kidnapped by a creepy old dude

It's a short made by someone that directed a movie recently.

Can't remember who and can't find it on the web.

youtube.com/watch?v=co6sCbkkP68

W is for Wish? It's part of ABCs of Death 2.

yeay thanks dude !
my peepee is diamond

I started watching They Look Like People because of recommendations it bored my tits off, stopped after 20 minutes. Is it really that good and worth slogging through?

If you like quiet slow burn films it's got a pretty tense atmosphere. But nothing really happens at all in the film. It's more of a look at psychosis than an actual outright horror film.

Aunt is a big Gremlins fan so I recommended her the Critters movies (plus that one fan-made short). She enjoyed them a lot, got through everything in a single day. She also thought Ug was Hugh Laurie.

Is there anything similar to it? I showed her Ghoulies but she didn't like how they look. She probably wants something a little more "cute".

anything with melting, so the Blob is right up there

Any horror shows or movies set in research facilities where people are trapped or isolated? I know of The Thing (MEW prequel included), Helix Season 1, and Resident Evil off of the top of my head.

GUISE DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME

S01E08 "Ice" of X-Files is another for any who are interested

This is one the best out of all 52.

I love how the main villain talks like the GI PSA guy

youtube.com/watch?v=Udw8n_9i0gk

And the ep with the killer penis mushrooms.
Psi factor had one that's pretty much a direct ripoff of Ice,

Movies:
Nine Miles Down
Deep Blue Sea
(and pretty all the other deep sea horror movies mentioned in previous threads if you play fast and loose with the definition of research facility, as well as stuff like The Intruder Within and Sector 7).

Do you guys think a Lovecraft style story involving Cthulhu could be made into a movie?

I'm a big fan of the mysteriousness in his writing style, but I'm not sure how well it would translate into a movie.

Followed Jay's recommendation and watched Starry Eyes, bored the shit out of me, not my cup of tea. Check it out if you like Dario Argento type of horror.

The Shadow Over Innsmouth would make a better film then muh Cthulhu

They lack the cute factor but the Tremors films have that same upbeat creature feature feel. I'd go as far as to say that the first Tremors is actually the best example.

You need to look up the first season of Fortitude

>remote village
>suspicious closeknit community
>fuck ton of snow
>paranoia
>polar bears
>X-Files / Twin Peaks / paranormal theme

Just watched pic related. I enjoyed it. Was a fun

I think so as long as the movie ends with a wrestling match between Cthulhu and Hastur on top of the Superdome.

not research facility, but Hateful 8 nails the isolation feeling. apparently it was inspired by the thing and really feels like it..

Starry Eyes won me over because A) I was surprised at the quick jump to carnage at the end, and, more importantly, B) after teasing that chick's tits the whole movie they finally delivered. Great areolas.

Apollo 18
The Thaw

and another one that takes place on a space station that I don't remember the title of, came out a couple of years ago. it had found footage elements iirc

I watched The Blob with some friends to celebrate my birthday right before I shipped out for the Marines. The first person to show up to the party was later wounded in Afghanistan by a suicide bomber and is now medically retired.

Strange to remember what it was like being young.

yeah I appreciated the tits. total butterface though.

I thought she was cuter the first time I saw it, but this time around she made a lot of Emlia Clarke-like faces and it turned me off. Still think she's got that odd-hot look like Christina Ricci.

Research facilities specifically are less important than the implications of forbidden science they're associated with (as horror settings) and the numerous possible dangers they can contain. Other than research facility I don't know how to describe that. Thanks for the Nine Miles Down recommendation, I've never seen or heard of it and I was looking for something fresh.

The Nightmare on Elm Street 4 soundtrack is really good, been listening to a lot of this kind of shit this month

The Thaw I've never seen either. Thanks.
It does now now that you mention it.It's missing a peripheral fear of the unknown that I'm craving but still cool.

>The Thaw I've never seen either. Thanks.
mind you it probably is a shit movie, I don't even remember if I finished it

Saw it last night, pretty entertaining. Dialouge was great. Plus B was a qt

CHAMPIONS OF ZOOORB

A total QT

whats the best worst horror you ever saw

youtube.com/watch?v=jthyIL1njOg

That's fine. The whole tone/mood I'm seeking is pretty cliche as it is. At least in video games it's been thoroughly explored. I'm playing Extermination and The Thing for PS2 and wanted something similar..

Forgot that one. I watched the whole thing on Amazon not knowing what it was. WEW.

mother

Science crazed

play Cold Fear too.

we need Ronny Yu back to save our slashers

>This

It's on my list, good user.

Xtro 2
Creepizoids
Deep blue sea
Leviathan
youtu.be/lB_PB0cYVVo

For their variety, eeriness, music, and original imact, The Omen is tough to beat.

They Remain (just released, based on Lairdo Barron's story "--30--")
A Cold Night's Death (classic worth finding)
Black Mountain Side (great setup, ult. disappointing)
The Last Winter (like it more than its IMDB rating)
Altered States
Prince of Darkness (research group trapped in a Church)
Pandorum, Alien, Event Horizon etc.

Hobgoblins

sup james

The Omen 3 has a really nice shotgun suicide scene, the effect is pretty good. Or maybe it's 2.

It's guaranteed to be made at some point, will probably flop though and put anyone off making any kind of interesting Lovecraft related film

>watch cannibal holocaust
>that turtle scene

w-why did they do that?

They needed food.

But why did they have to actually kill the turtle so visciously, couldn't they have just used special effects?

It is a massively underrated show. I am surprised Sup Forums has overlooked it.

my man, how the fuck do you think people have eaten turtles forever

that turtle lives forever now, not bad for a turtle

By killing it first before ripping off the shell and cutting off the feet. Like, at least that south american rat thing was cut in a juggula to die, at least the monkeys had a quick death. That turtle got fucked up

Why are you guys so fucking retarded?

youtu.be/p6vTI7aDIHc

I don't really have a favorite death scene, but I just rewatched the Sixth Sense for the first time since I was a kid, and the death at the start of that movie works well. It was great. Really holds up. It is a little surprising people thought he wasn't dead the whole movie considering the death is shown at the start.

Welcome. The x-files I was thinking of is Firewalker (and really they've done a lot of isolation horror)
The Psi-factor episode is called Perestroika.

If you havn't seen The Intruder Within, that does have a certain element of what-hath-science-wrought to it.

Super common trope but right now the only other example I can think of it Alien Resurrection. Maybe the various versions of The Island Of Doctor Moreau.