archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88985858/#88997294
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88941616/#88961676
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88941616/#88961047
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE

truthfirstnow.blogspot.com/2006/09/racist-legacy-of-star-trek.html

>Star Trek: The Next Generation
This new series has African actors play characters who are either blind (Geordi La Forge) with the temperament of a house slave or violent aliens such as Lieutenant Worf.

>Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek manages to redeem itself somewhat with the character of Benjamin Sisko. The series begins with an evil pale alien creature refusing to help Sisko save his wife but at the end of the series it turns out his character is not really African at all but some kind of alien puppet whose fate is controlled by beings who appear to be white women.

Can you identify this episode?

>Not being fully functional
>2364 - 347

@89214747
blocked, hidden and filtered

>blogspot
Anyone who gets worked up over stupid shit on blogspot deserves to die of the aneurysm they'll give themselves before they turn 50.

A pilot on a cold, cold morn'

The one where luxona Troy is in heat

this shit is pretty funny, desu

>blogspot
>2009
>muh racism ramblings
>third post about this today

end yourself

Noob question but when did humans leave the solar system to other galaxies?

In ''The Inner Light'' the population of that planet died out 7000 some years earlier, yes?

Don't tell me they werent human.

>encouraging him

>155 people aboard.

>Star Trek: The Next Generation
This new series has African actors play characters who are either blind (Geordi La Forge) with the temperament of a house slave or violent aliens such as Lieutenant Worf.

They also depict them as smarter than what black people are in real life, as if they aren't smart enough in the present. That's pretty racist.

>Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek manages to redeem itself somewhat with the character of Benjamin Sisko. The series begins with an evil pale alien creature refusing to help Sisko save his wife but at the end of the series it turns out his character is not really African at all but some kind of alien puppet whose fate is controlled by beings who appear to be white women

Actually, Benjamin Sisko turned out to be the space jews (Bajorains) black Jesus. (Fuck the spelling)

Shexy times Op?

No one is mad, its funny

i think that planet was populated long before humans left earth. their resemblance to humans, merely a coincidence.

I think I prefer Ezri Dax to Jadzia Dax. Is this a controversial opinion?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88985858/#88997294
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88941616/#88961676
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88941616/#88961047

Any Riker fatfic?

no one has left the galaxy yet (besides that time Q threw the Enterprise crew some billion trillion lightyears away, but he brought them back).
>In ''The Inner Light'' the population of that planet died out 7000 some years earlier, yes? Don't tell me they werent human.
They weren't humans in the sense that they were originally from Earth. Trek sometimes has races that look 100% like humans, even without some silly forehead bumps.

>begins with an evil pale alien creature refusing to help Sisko
>Boleans
>pale skin

eh, not really. It's usually 50/50 which one is more attractive (the right answer is both, but in different ways), but usually when talking about personality or the ability to act Ezri edges out over Jadzia.

>it's a Wesley and the traveler throw the Enterprise at the edge of the universe episode

Ezris face is all fucked up and misshapen where as Jadzia is literally a goddess tier model

>Its a Wesley has to sleep in the corridor again because his mum is getting railed by an alien patient episode

Ezri was pretty boring honestly.
Didn't help that she was only arround for one season and didn't get much screentime aside from one episode about her family which was crap and didn't make any fucking sense considering the big deal that had been previously made about selection of hosts for trill symbiants.

KEEP YOUR POSTING OF STD IMAGES TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM

Didn't Q just send them to the delta quadrant to introduce humanity to the borg?

We don't know what the aliens in The Inner Light were.
They projected their history in a way Picard could understand, so it's reasonable to assume the projection would have them ressemble the person recieving it, in order for him to understand it and live a life among them to keep their memory alive, which was the point in the first place.
They could very well have been non-humanoid, we may never know.

what episode is this??? :O

>Jennifer Lien died
Fuuuuu.. My heart sank to my stomach for a split second before reading the full sentence.

>that happens and picard overrides environmental controls to the crusher quarters with the asumption that wesley is there and fills the quarters with a cyanide nerve gas composite approximately two thousand parts per million
man the face on wes was priceless

which ep

Look closer, it was in the screenshot. I completely forgot he was even on Voyager until now.

The answer to your question in the image

I'm planning on rewatching DS9 again, when did the show stop being a bad TNG clone again? Was it season 3? No fucking way am I sitting through dumbass episodes like the skipping rope to save the station and imaginary Asian baseball man again.

What is this player?

hold up, who the fuck is that on the right?

Plex. It's perfect for watching pirated content.

A cute

it starts to get good in season 2. First with the Circle arc, then about the middle of it after some lamer ones have passed (Second Sight comes to mind, what a complete bore). Late S2 has some serious high points (the Wire, Tribunal)
S3 have some low points too but that's where it starts to get really, really good too.

I recall something about an ancient alien race "seeding" the galaxy, creating countless races very similar to themselves.
That's why most races are just similar looking humanoids sometimes with vagina looking foreheads.

Thanks

tbf Wesley at the funeral would still be closer to a woman than Geordi ever got
>Autistic android gets more pus than him

Think tank
season 5?

Is Garret popular at conventions? How is he with the producers/writers seeing as they wanted did of him in S2 but being a shexy person had to keep him around.
I wonder about him.

>his spirit animal revealed at last

Wut, in what way was Geordie a house slave? Motherfucker ran the fucking superluminal engine of a starship.

He wasn't a jiving backtalking sassy tough guy who don't take no orders from whitey.
Because apparently the only way to not be an uncle Tom (and this having internalized racism) is to be a racist stereotype.
Welcome to american identity politics. Run while you still can.

they grow up so fast

None of them were hosts but Ezri and Ezri was only hosting because there was no option at the time. What are you trying to say?

>beings who appear to be white women.
But Sisko's Prophet mom was a buh-lack womyn

The Preservers

>ywn tuck your head firmly underneath his double chin, tugging at the hairs on his chest with your teeth
>ywn explore the soft curves of his body, sinking your hands into his stomach and the rolls around his sides
>ywn fall asleep in his arms, feeling safe, warm, loved

XDDD

Why do you guys watch Star Trek if you hate it so much? Literally every episode of DS9 is worth watching.

Sup Forums, I do not think it is wise to continue having a /trek/ thread. I should send a security team to conduct a /trek/ thread instead.

Mr. Worf, fire photon torpedos

Belay that Mr Worf, let /orville/ continue its probing of our thread.

GOMMANDER XDDD

Akoocheemoya on this Friday we are far from the normies Akoocheemoya

This desu

pls don't it hurts

A-Koo-Chee-Moya on this thread we are far from the topic A-Koo-Chee-Moya

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

:-/

Some of that is very wrong.

The Ent D left the galaxy due to the Traveller and Kosinski. Q sent them to system J25 which was still in the galaxy and not all that far away really. The SS Valiant in TOS left the galaxy in Where No Man Has Gone Before.

How fast is full impulse power? Let's say on the Enterprise D, because it must vary.

Fuck this gay earth

And was considered one of Starfleets best engineers. Highly regarded by all who knew him. Served aboard two Enterprises, both of which were flagships. Was promoted to captain and given command of his own vessel. But yeah, he's clearly an Uncle Tom.

It doesn't vary. Full impulse is 0.25c. Maximum theoretical is 0.97c.

Really? I didn't realise it was standardised like warp. I assumed bigger ships would have bigger impulse engines.

Because impulse is slower than light speed there's no variance. Bigger ships most likely do have bigger engines because they have to accelerate a larger mass, so a shuttle engine would be slow as fuck to get going.

>crew compliment: 152
>escape pods: 12 ten-person

So bigger is quicker to reach full, but they're all the same once they get there.

fuck you baron harkonnen, I'll post what I like

basically, yeah. there's a hard limit to how fast impulse drives are, at least in Starfleet ships. I don't think they ever explain it beyond impulse=impulse because then they'd have to confront stuff like relativistic speeds that they can't just wave away with a warp field/subspace.

>one of Starfleets best engineers
Hey remember that time he fixed the Enterprise by literally turning it off and on again?

I just find it weird that Ezri seems to come out of nowhere when there have been several references about how tough the selection for potential hosts.
It's years of training, lots of screening and testing by joined trills, all that stuff but IIRC Ezri actually does mention she was busy doing shady business with her family right before being jointed which kind of contradicts the idea that host candidates are the result of a sort of elite academic training.
I dunno, I remember that annoying me a lot while watching the episode about her family and weird mining business, and when I wasn't annoyed I was bored because it's a shit episode and it really didn't set up Ezri as particularly interesting.
Still think it's kind of a waste of potential to have Dax change character at that point of the series. Would have been better to either do it earlier to have more time to explore the difference between the two Daxes (though it makes sense since it took the writers some time to really figure out what they wanted to do with Jadzia) or not do it at all.

....man are you sure you watched the show? You completely missed the entire plotline where Dax was stolen and put into a murderer and it was exposed that there's only a strict selection process because there's so few symbionts.

Ezri was "chosen" for one reason only; she was the only Trill close enough to host Dax and keep the symbiont alive. That's it. It could have been anybody, literally any psycho or retard could host a symbiont. That's why she's so anxious and kinda fucked up, she was never prepared for the joining.

Jadzia leaving and being replaced by Ezri was definitely a stupid move, but they did their best to explain the change without delving into the real-life politics about the situation.

Having just recently finished my latest run-through of DS9, here's the thing about Ezri: on the one hand Dax should have died with Jadzia, on the other hand Ezri makes my dick hard as diamonds so it's cool

I think I did but season 7 was kind of a blur until the Nog arc and then the big party-piece to end the series.
Which really makes the choice to change Dax even weirder. With a chain of almost 10 episodes to end it all and wrap all the storylines, they must have known how much time they had left, so why bring in a change in the cast so late when it's clear they won't have the time to properly develop the character?
Was there some behind-the-scenes reasons I'm not aware of?

>Was there some behind-the-scenes reasons I'm not aware of?

Yes. The showrunners just didn't renew her contract or something.

If that's just it, then that makes a nice contrast between how well the production went for TNG and DS9 compared to the shitshows of ENT and especially Voyager.

>Voyager

Yeah I actually really enjoyed Voyager, learning about all the fucking petty drama kind of spoils it just a bit. Any Trek fan would be better off not knowing the stuff that goes on like that. even better yet if it never happened.

>Yeah I actually really enjoyed Voyager,

Once it gets to season 3, it becomes a very enjoyable show. I'm always baffled by the neverending hatred it seems to garner.

>Any Trek fan would be better off not knowing the stuff that goes on like that
Are you kidding? Imagining Mulgrew being bitter and Jeri Ryan afraid of going on set when 25% of post-Kes Voyager is Janeway and 7/9 in the ready room made the show much more watchable for me.
Plus, all the drama meant we got more Doctor too.

>ywn earn the respect of Dr. Leah Brahms in a Jeffries tube

gotta lo-res shot of her tits

He's a super nice guy, genuinely likes the fandom, I think.

Part of it is due to the Gilligan's Island endings some of the episodes have.

What are you waiting for, a god damned engraved invitation? Let's see it

From memory, what happened is Jadzia's actress was out of contract got a lead role on another show and asked for a new deal with DS9's final season that would let her split her time between both, so she'd have a reduced DS9 role.

They refused so she left on bad terms, and didn't even allow them to use stock footage of Jadzia which is why you never see anything about her again.

>Part of it is due to the Gilligan's Island endings some of the episodes have.
Explain to a young man what this means.

I dislike it because it takes a promising premise and goes absolutely nowhere with it. It just ends up feeling like a bunch of rejected TNG episodes with a less likable crew.
Very rarely does it actually feel like they are far, far away from home.

"Hey we found a way to go home! Oh whoops, never mind that's not going to work because X stupid reason. Guess we're still stuck here"

Seriously?