i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
doctorwhomagazine.com/win-tenth-doctor-adventures-vol-two-cd-box-set/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(dubs)
first for renegade master

Post Jodie outfit ideas.

What's the consensus on Torchwood: Aliens Among Us 2?

Reminder that 'PANINI AND BBC WORLDWIDE ARE CUNTS' in the first letters of each sentence in new DWM.

KEK

Back once again (again), it's the...

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
SUNDAY EDITION
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>A Quick Run Before School
By Rachael Riley

>The Skateboarder
By Gallifrey_Immigrant

>The Soul Bug, Part 3: Bitter Pill
By Catharticspurious

>K-9 GETS REAL GODDAMN BUFF
By Badass user

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

Neos feedback:

I posted my thoughts here
Overall: pretty good!

Who wrote this section? We might be able to work out what their beef is.

I always assumed the editor but nobody knows

No more "ask the showrunner" sections in DWM?

>PANNA

no it doesnt

I see no reason to assume such a thing. His run hasn't actually started, what would he be talking about?

Thanks! I think I'll pick it up based on your review!

Seems that Torchwood is where the Big Finish talent is these days.

Stop being illiterate.
>Pressed
>At
>Next
>Interestingly,
>Not
>In

>Pressed
>At
>Next
>Interestingly,
>Not
>In

>If you look hard enough, there's always something hidden in plain sight
THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMEN!

post jodies

My bad, I thought some of those periods were commas for some reason.

That's the second time I've seen rage at BBC Worldwide recently, the first being Clayton Hickman after they rejected a Shada design thing he'd been working on for months

BBCWW are fucking idiots tbf.

The Eight Doctors is retarded. Do we know if Terrance Dicks was assigned the premise or if he came up with it himself?

One of these days I wish someone would just go mental and spill ALL the behind the scenes gossip on Doctor Who. A complete expose that shatters all of the carefully maintained silence and gives us a glimpse at the amount of nasty, bitchy fuckery that has so obviously gone down in every area.

>“There’s a school of thought that you can write the Doctor the same, and the actor will make it fit by spinning the words in their own voice. I don’t really agree. I think the scripts are always stronger, more individual, if you tailor them for the specific actor. Tom [Baker] and Paul [McGann] lines could possibly switch, in my experience, but everyone else feels very much distinct when I’m writing them."
t. John Dorney
Thoughts? On the Tom/Paul thing in particular.

-

>Big Finish has also confirmed that River Song will be returning for at least another two box sets of The Diary of River Song, which will take the character into 2020.

Awesome, vol4 and vol5 confirmed.

-

>“It just feels like another opportunity to keep the flame alive,” Billie Piper says. “You know, I felt as though, because everyone’s doing it [Big Finish], was I missing out? Also, it’s all people ask me at conventions,” she smiles. “It was getting awkward.”

Hmm, a reference to Edge?

-

>“No, I do,” Billie Piper says. “I really like [cons]. I like meeting the kids, because I now have my own, so I know what it means to my kids, with their passions. Before, I found the child attention quite annoying, because I just wanted to go about my life, but since I’ve had children, it’s a really emotional experience for me.”

She also confirms she hasn't watch Capaldi Who, as her family are not big TV watchers and her kids aren't huge Doctor Who fans.

Funny thing, Camille Coduri (Jackie) makes a point to compliment Moffat and call him extraordinary.

-

The editor of DWM saying Chibnall is being reticent to talk about S11 fits into a fairly consistent pattern of behaviour he's exhibiting, which might indicate he'll be less open about the runnings of the show.

Yeah it's a great range, not just Aliens Among Us but all the other releases in it too.

I think he was assigned introducing Sam but came up with the tampering flashback stuff himself.

>New showrunner
>fresh new star for the doctor
>both of which have done fantastic work before
Who /extremelyexcited/ here?

eccleston pls

Big Finish address Eccleston, Smith, Capaldi audios in pic related

Yeah, I suppose Chibnall has done some 'fantastic work' in every area that isn't Doctor Who.

>there are people in this world who hate the best season
Really makes you think.

TOP TIER
Series 9, Series 11, Series 10, Series 12

Great Tier
Series 5, Series 13, Series 8,

Good Tier
Series 3, Series 1

Mediocre Tier
Series 7, Series 4

Shit Tier
Series 2, Series 6

>Series 12
>a showrunner's second series
>in great tier
>ever
lol

I hope we get more spooky episodes

Hinchcliffe?

dubs and chibnall era is the best ever

Cartmel

Kek, I didn't ask Piper about Big Finish though, all I told her was that I had preordered her first volume and was very excited to hear it.

Also holy shit that's hilarious, I wonder why they're so pissed off?

So, who is your least favorite Doctor actor, anons?

I actually ended in Smith's run, so I can't say anything about Capaldi.
Colin Baker I think gets a bit too much flak, considering when he had a chance to shine in good stories he was very good and balanced eccentricity with seriousness well. The main issue was the writers suddenly deciding that the 6th Doctor was a complete asswipe for most of his time.

My pick is Matt Smith. I was never sold on him as the Doctor, and he always felt like he put way too much effort in being "le wacky." Then when he would become serious and intense it felt like I was watching a temper tantrum. While Moffat's writing didn't help, Smith in general just felt like he was pretending to be this age old Timelord instead of being it.

>Anything beyond series 3
>Good

Kek

Lambert? Letts? Come on user, try harder.

>Fans will also remember that there was a flashback to the Doctor and Nardole first encountering the vault in Extremis, which chronologically must be set before The Return of Doctor Mysterio, because the Doctor hasn’t seen Nardole since he’d left the planet Darillium… “Well, exactly! So, er, I don’t know. You’d have to ask Mr Moffat. Because I’m not very clever, and I get a bit befuddled by it all. As does Nardole, I suspect. I really studied it, but I do sometimes marvel at everyone else’s ability to understand all that. It’s not my strong point.”

kek

doctorwhomagazine.com/win-tenth-doctor-adventures-vol-two-cd-box-set/

^Easy competition, enter and you might win a nice set of the 10DAs Vol2.

Next DWM issue has a big Bradley interview that looks interesting.

Go to bed RTD

>I reckon it has the potential to be a more radical reinvention than Rose in 2005, the TV Movie in 1996
No.
>Could next year's Doctor Who be an even bigger surprise than Spearhead from Space must have seemed in 1970?
Almost certainly no.

le chibnall bad meme

absolute kek

I love Sylvester as a person, I love his voice, and I love his Doctor but he's probably the weakest actor of the thirteen when it comes to showing real range.

who hype for CUTE era

I don't blame Colin Baker, although he's far from the best actor, but yeah, the writing makes 6 the worst for me.

>>both of which have done fantastic work before
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Davison, I think the few times he's not a cipher he's just plain irritating - to me personally. His performance is not one I particularly enjoy watching, or hearing, at least in comparison to all the other Doctors who either come across to me as much more dynamic, interesting, or frankly just enjoyable. Yes, he is a more skilled actor than some of the other Doctor actors. That doesn't magically make his performance more enjoyable or interesting, just more technically competent.

The pictured TARDIS "purse" is kinda poorly constructed. The snap popped off after just a couple weeks of use. Would use and enjoy those coasters though.

You are so edgy

dubs and this trip is wrong

Good to know. Yeah the coasters are a neat idea.

BTFO

o shit

How's Matt Smith's career in Hollywood doing?

Do a loss

>They didn't outright rule out Eccleston

Don't lie to us like this BF, you know very well that Eccleston will never return to Doctor Who.

The Doctor Falls has to be the most overrated episode in years. Yes, the episode had MOMENTS of greatness but, after sidelining the first ever multi-master story in the first ten minutes, the episode was about two things: 1. The Doctor protecting a group of people we had never seen before and had no reason to care about. 2. The episode desperately trying to convince us to feel sad about Bill being a Cyberman when it was as plain as day that Moffat was just going to pull another Deus Ex Machina out of his arsehole and have her be okay again.

The main reason that it isn't considered the mixed-bag that it is is because, for Moffat, a mixed-bag of a finale is a stunning achievement.

This.

What is your opinion on Death in Heaven?

>The Doctor protecting a group of people we had never seen before and had no reason to care about.
well done for missing the point not only of the episode but of the Doctor's entire struggle. he doesn't need to know them in advance to care about wanting to save them. they don't have to be special.

>real range
Don't you mean RRReal RRRange?

kek

Well fuck me.

Tom, recently, at Fantom Films

This is so neo it hurts

I'd rank it just below TDF. I loved the Missy scenes but the Danny stuff was dull as hell and the Cyberpollen and Cyberbrig were ridiculous.

kek, the world was lacking this also, related: is there anywhere i can actually read that mr men book?

That point was illustrated much better in The Time of the Doctor, And it doesn't excuse a bunch of nobodies taking up so much screentime when Michelle Gomez and John Simm are over there standing in the corner with nothing to do.

The 8 one in particular?

The Mr Men stuff is all under :Hargreaves" on VK fwiw everyone

Now if only VK wasn't locked under a private community.

I can put them in a MEGA if you want

Davison is actually one of my favorites. I loved Davison's approach as an older, jaded intellect in the mind of a younger man. People always knock Adric, but I thought his interactions with the Doctor in a father-son manner would encapsulated what made Davison so unique.

He's morphing into Jon Pertwee.

Yes please

How many years does he have left in him, lads?

tomorrow

Well, at least he's no longer fat, so give him make up and a curly brown wig, and he could play 4 on-screen.

Tom Baker is immortal. He'll just keep getting older and older until his flesh weathers away and the spooky skeleton inside him is finally free. Then we'll finally have our skeleton Doctor.

He has to become Dobby first.

Mr Men Dr Who books here:
mega.co.nz/
#F!sb4QHZDb!cHPl7Wp0sQArmrS78SvAhQ

quit being so damn nice and helpful all the time, it makes it hard to hate trips

Based Neo

Naturally.

Merci beaucoup mon ami!

>speaking french to him

It's futile. Neo's into Claudia.

follow his example

No I'm not reee

Yet you referred to Jack/Jillian/Jemimah Miles as a genius for initially getting Claudia.

I can respect Claudia's music and not "have a thing" for her, in much the same way I can admire Mortimore's writing and not agree with all his views.
And I don't even actually remember doing what you say anyway.

It's just someone taking your earlier shitposting too literally

Mm-hmm-hmm.

I had this really weird dream once where after getting stabbed in TDF, Missy regenerated into an octopus, and it wasn't a realistic one, it was a cute, cartoony one. And it was a male, but still had Missy's hair and hat, so it was some kind of weird trap octopus. Any weird Doctor Who dreams you had?