How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?

How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdPrxoB9ViI
youtube.com/watch?v=vCOtzFWjZhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?

New 52 Dial H

Make them a sumo?

>no fat jokes

then what's the fucking point

You haven't seen Sanctuary have you?
youtube.com/watch?v=mdPrxoB9ViI

Was pushing fat acceptance and not making fat jokes up until this issue, now everything afterwards can no longer be taken seriously.

Superhero who's fat before he gets his powers and drowns in his own self destructive procrastination because his powers neither necessitate he be fit and him being fit wouldn't enable him to do his job any better.

make them fit-fat. If not that, just make them fat while making no real reference to it or have it be tied TO their powers rather than it being a life choice.

supermeme/10

>Make a superhero
>Also make them fat

Is this a serious question?

He'd have an easier time being accepted if he was "cool", funny, or skillful. His design would have to be done so that he'd seem charismatic in looks, not like Boogie. That usually means strong, determined, decent dresser, etc. The real world doesn't translate fat people like art does often times.

Kingpin is a decent reference I think. Really just don't have them do self deprecation and be serious, while looking serious, and acting serious, and I'd say it could be pretty easy to do so.

Sup

This is the correct answer. You have to make them go full strongfat.

Character who's powers mean they neither need to be fit to do their job AND their powers mean that unlike regular fat people, their weight isn't endangering their health. It's a purely cosmetic aspect of their life (again unlike actual fat people) and they're not going to bust their ass at the gym purely for looks.

I would think of a fit super hero... And take away reason and accountability.

You don't, you make them a villian.

Oh jeez, the fat girl has such an unflattering angle here. That's just unfortunate

He's a walking fat joke bro. He said no fat humor.

You can't make a fat hero because being a horrible person with no positive qualities is how people become fat.

There is no such thing as a fatty who isn't a terrible shitty person and anything that presents fat people as anything other than the terrible people they are is fat acceptance bullshit.

Portray him/her realistically. Like, they are impeded by their weight but they push through the discomfort to continue doing what's right.

Also, unless he/she regularly eats badly, he/she'd probably slim down as seasons go on.

Lastly, an early episode would have them being made fun of as a plot point, but the resolution would be only that people will have different opinions and that you should take pride in your good works instead of letting others get to you.

this is totally untrue and slanderous

Make them like Coop from Megas XLR

you could pull a Steven Seagal and just never acknowledge it

Those are some good points user. Ultimately without fat jokes you're promoting fat acceptance propaganda. It doesn't have to be all about dem jokes but like you said it builds the plot.

Kill them on the first page

Have them in the process of losing weight,

>How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?

Have them become slimmer over time.

Best answer.

THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO

Make them a telekinetic. They move, fly, and fight through their psychic powers, but if their abilities are somehow neutralized, they fall to the ground and can't get up. Adds drama.

>Ultimately without fat jokes you're promoting fat acceptance propaganda
I respectfully disagree with that. Not building much of the character around being made fun of is not at all equal to encouraging bad habits/beliefs.

This, coop sits home, eats and plays videogames most of the day, but he still takes the time to save/destroy his home planet.
Him being fat isn't played up much in the series but his eating habits are.
>Fueling Megas with jamming the fuel tanks with oil from space sandwiches
>Slushies
>The thanks giving episode.
Also best cartoon depiction of Jersey.

>fat guy gets the hot girl(s)

It doesn't have to be much, OP said none. I'm just stating that having some deals in relativity offers a better payoff more often than not for stories. I'm stating it's fat acceptance because you're normalizing it, and could even go so far as to make it a positive factor when there are no negatives. It's either a zero to positive scale, positive being fat acceptance.

This. A fat guy can rock a suit like no one else.

Remember that Robot Chicken about a fat guy hero?

Do that.

Superheroine uses their illusionist powers to make themselves appear fat to disguise the fact they're a hungry skellington.

I don't understand how anyone can allow themselves to get that fat. Good fucking Christ.

In my first post () I say "they are impeded by their weight". I didn't expand on that, but basically I meant it'd be implied often enough and stated occasionally that many of the difficulties he/she has would be reduced if not eliminated if he/she was normal weight.

i'd make him go fast by rolling like a ball

You hit a certain point and either realize now is the time to put work in because you hate what you've become or you decide you don't care

She wasn't fat, but not-Zatanna did that in Squadron Supreme for a while, to hide the fact that she was pregnant.

Give him super strength, but still love to eat and be lazy. Think Coop from Megas XLR mixed with the Juggernauts strength.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with that. However you can only have neutral or positive with your referencing if there is no negativity. You disagreed with this statement:

>Ultimately without fat jokes you're promoting fat acceptance propaganda

Not having negativity at all towards their weight is on a meta view, fat acceptance, and at the very least almost going out of neutral. Because we're dealing with FA, it's hard for it not to be FAP without negativity. You're basically agreeing with me to include some sort of negativity, not no negativity.

Not Sup Forums but one punch man did this right with Pig God, hes a disgustingly fat bastard and the way he fights its by eating his foes alive and its as fucked up as it sounds, hes also somewhat strong and tank a lot of damage, he also stands out from the rest becouse hes one of the few heroes thats actually heroic, as in, he really just wants to fight monsters, resque people and save the world out of the goodness of his heart.

what the fuck, I don't read the mangas and just watched the cartoon. Pig God is a fucking cannibal, THAT'S CRAZY!

Got you m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=vCOtzFWjZhE

What if you hate what you've become but just don't care enough to improve anyways?

You don't hate yourself enough to change.

Depression is an acceptable answer though. Not that pretend shit either, I'm talking about wouldn't give a damn if you killed someone or jumped in front of a train depression.

Sorry if i spoil it for you user.

by making her a total qt

I actually love spoilers. I spoil almost everything I watch as I'm only attached to a handful of media. OPM is great but you could tell me everything that would happen and I still wouldn't mind. Is the official manga up to Pig God or is that only Mr Doodles manga so far?

>tfw spoil self on media before reading so you know if it has a happy ending or not

DC had a character like this in the short-lived Sovereign Seven, though he was TV-fat, not actually fat-fat. He was telekinetic, but his powers were a function of his metabolism: using them burned up his body's energy reserves incredibly quickly, so he had to eat constantly to have enough energy stored up for when he needed to use his abilities, since the more impressive his telekinesis, the more fat he burned. If he'd kept himself at an average level of body fat, he'd only have enough fuel for a few minor tricks, or risk damaging himself by going for more powerful acts.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

It makes me feel so fucking good knowing that the person who wrote this had to watch Trump being sworn in today.

Being 14 is fun, huh?

Is he eating a bowl of butter?

Not him but had Hillary been sworn in the Left would be just as gleeful as he is right now. That comic is tasteless, and hurts womens images in art. The writer should be fired, blacklisted, and blocked from ever writing again it was that bad.

>write a typical normal superhero
>then simply draw him fat

A comic about the blob becoming a good guy and trying to find a way to lose weight, thinking he could be accepted as a good guy more easily if he was fit, it could be part making fun of weight loss part serious look at what persons self image plays on the psyche

Id make like the hulk. A skinny guy gets trigger and becomes fat and eats things. The fatter he gets the better he gets at eating. Low forms could eat wood. Higher up fatness eats metals. Eventually able to eat lava, even stars or thors hammer.

Also he'd be half black half asian, bisexual left handed and normally when not in his fat form a vegan.

Oddly specific, self insert?

Except for the Sanders people

Basically make the character Charles Xavier but morbidly obese and house bound. His body is frail, weak and inadequate but his mind is his power.

Have him connected to other people's minds, using astral projection, shit like that. He could be hauled up in a warehouse and never leave it...Maybe take it further and have him on life support due to the enormous strain that using his power takes.

Pig god is a minor caracter so he just gets awesome moments but no arc(so far at least), in the webcomic the hero asosiation is seen as inneficient or corrupt and its existence is in danger for it, a new hero asociation called "Neo Heroes"(at least its called that in the translation) its about to make its debute and MIGHT be setting up to a marvel civil war type event, a good one.

The redrawn manga is in a turnament arc (a boring one in my opinion) and a monster asociation showed themselves and openlly attacked all heroes and stomped and almost everyone, that part its good becouse they showed a few S class heroes in action, they were cool as fuck, murata, thank god, its shitting 25 pages every 2 weeks so this might end fast, next update its 43 pages long and it comes out the 30th.

Murata is doing this because season 2 of the anime is going to adapt all of this instead of the Garou arc, God knows what for. And I really can't bear the tournament arc, but the rest is good.

we had that with Herbie Popnecker

>astral projection
Would it be fat like him. Because the ghostly figure of a morbidly obese man floating around sounds hilarious.

Literally thr most powerful being in existance

have them be realistially fat, and have it not be commented on, anymore than anyother facet of their character

>Had to
You can just not turn on the TV user, it's not that hard

Wasn't that basically the idea for Dr. Y of Sup Forums's Mediocre X-Men team?

Thanks, sounds really interesting. Will have to check it out, though Mr Doodle still irks me with his artstyle. Have a great day.

If you're talking uber super fat, unable to move fat then that's just not some thing a super hero would willingly let them selves come to.
So make the fat a curse.
A man who bears willingly bears a curse or something that renders his body fat and globular.
And if he didn't the world would explode or some shit.

psychic, long range

First post. Best post.

I was going to say something about him needing to turn into someone else, but then I remembered Rescue Jack.

One's art inproves a lot as it goes on, its still doodle country but everything else is awesome, i wish i wasnt on my phone to show you(computer die on me a month ago)

A mastermind hero who works behind the scenes, possibly overseeing heroic minions or a team of people who come together to follow his commands. Possibly someone independently wealthy or a facilitator who sets heroes up in lawful temp jobs like protecting cargo or passenger airliners. You could even do a play on the weight by calling him "The Middleman."

Mr. E from Mystery Inc was kind of this, he was almost a villain but he was cool.

I thought first season of LSH did a pretty good job of that. Too bad WB said 'no fat team leaders'

hacker?

He's got a suit that siphons fat for its power. In order to use it, he needs to be fat, but the longer he stays fat, the worse his health gets, so he has to defeat the BBEG before he dies.

Six-pack and Bueno Excellente

Underrated

What a fat fuck

Is coop from Megas cheating?

That's not really Boogie is it?

Did a fat person hurt you?

He's probably gotten fatter by now

You know they'd be watching anyways.
People are masochistic like that.

Self hate is the first step to suicide.

Alan Moore did it with watchmen

Make hero fat.
Write them as you would any other hero.
Done.

He's actually started working out alot and got married and had a son.

>he's actually started working out a lot
No he didn't, he continues to get professionals who volunteers to help him who he then turns down. Also he's clearly a bad influence on his wife who's constantly getting fatter too now.

I wouldn't. Fatties are as inhuman as "people" under 6'0''.

DOCTOR ROBOTNIK LOOKIN'

Big Bertha of the Great Lakes Avengers?