Bad Super Powers

Bad Super Powers

this kill the thread
post LOSS edits in

Would this mean you're permanently 24?

Couldn't you just publish under an assumed name? To be honest, I don't think that would even really be a downside.

Like I get turned into a girl? I'm okay with that.

If I ended up in this, after hours of masturbation I'd just up and use my mathematical prowess to become a super-villain.
Like, shit, if she's discovered the secret to matter manipulation, then why not ACTUALLY manipulate matter?

That sort of misogyny doesn't exist in academia though.
Do they even know what Grace Hopper has contributed to computer science?

but its 2016!
that kind of soggy knees does happen in that year!

Who? Look lady, go get us some coffee so we can get to work.

Why would they actually KNOW anything about the STEM fields, when they can just cry about them from their Womens' Study classes?

>things that never happen

I mean it's not like the thread was alive in the first place.
But these are still really useful. Just don't overdo it. Even if you run at sublight speeds you're still retardedly fast. Plus you could just run at light speed for straights you visibly see are clear. It's not like anything will move in your way.
You can still lift and punch a ton of shit without breaking your bones.
Just don't be such a fatass and fly within your limits. Hell you shouldn't really have an issue with falling unless you somehow get tired immediately rather than eventually.
She doesn't even have to actually do anything she could probably make bank going on talk shows and being inspiring for being a girl who knows math.
It's a mathematical mind but it's still the mind of a girl.

speedforce was created to solve this.
Pretty sure super strenght is paired with super durability since most comics have big hitters taking big hits.
Pretty sure regeneration in real life has something to prevent this.
Ok, this one works
poor fitness flying girl is Cute! Cute! Also shouldn't flying in that form be a mental task?
I'm no even gonna bother.

This would be cool though. Like swimming but on the air. You could have some mechanical additions to help you once you're in the air, a glider of sorts.

Of course not. Research is hard and if millennials did their research, they wouldn't have the energy to be outraged at all times.

Plus, feminists only concern themselves with the meme side of science.

Considering if it works out like running, your stamina will build over time allowing you to fly further and faster with training. Then if you add in a glider and a parachute you can pretty much fly anywhere and glide to conserve your stamina.

One of them wing suits

But air doesn't have anywhere nearly the same density or resistance as water. You can't swim in air.

Stamina doesn't build over time though.

No, but you can still achieve lift in air due to air resistance.

The swimming example wasn't literal, just a comparison.

I didn't mean it literally, I just meant that it takes energy to swim so it would take energy to fly, and once you run out of stamina you can't swim/fly anymore.

You will be able to see the light in front of you

my hero acadamy does this. kid is given super strength but can only use %100 power at first so he fucks himself up bad.

But it does.

Fat sacks of shit turn into successful marathon runners, all the time.

The real problem is you would hit a cap.which would be low enough to make flying only useful for short distance errands.

I get it that he doesnt have his hands anymore?

I mean, even at normal strength we can easily break ours.

But you won't be seeing the light of the correct time.

So? You're moving faster than light.

They got healers, but it's some weird "it takes energy to heal" type power. I guess it's just speeding up your natural healing process?

user, that also happens to us. When you're running, tecnically the light is going in your eyes above light speed. This doesnt mean you cannot see. Defending on how his body proccess this information, it is completely possible.

user, healing and healing 'right' are two different things. If your hand is pulverized (as his hand should), there is no healing that right, unless with some sort if bullshit healing factor.

Yes. Recovery Girl only speeds up your rate of recovery. Also you need to be able to heal from it naturally. So it'll take months worth of healing and jam it into a day. If you overdo it, it'll kill you.
He just busted up his arms and legs but constantly. So the damage to his arms was basically like if he'd accrued years of injuries in months. He needs to lay off or he'll lose is arms.

now what exactly is the "meme side of science"

The trendy pop-sci articles that make it to communities like Jezebel, Snopes, reddit or tumblr. You think anybody actually reads science journals?

it's n-not like i do or anything

dude space

Basically posting a few pictures of space and Neil DeGrasse Tyson quotes and calling yourself a nerd.

Wew

Just run slightly slower than the speed of light. That's still pretty fast.

They have to realign his hand and bones and he has to spend days if not weeks in the infirmary with the Recovery Girl using her powers on him

Right now is using his power at 5% and 8% and even so he gets all bloody and bruised

Anywa, as forShow me a wester character with Super strenght but not superresilience

Woah this one is supermeta, I guess is some kind of summoning strawmen power or something like that.

Is academia like this in the USA, or is the writer just a moron who doesn't do his research?

The writer is just a moron who doesn't do his research.

The writer is a milenial SJW

>They have to realign his hand and bones
How will they realign Dust?

The ability to phase through everything, including air, light and vibrations.

LOL

Wait, that black circle is its nose? I always though it just perpetually had a surprised look.

BnHA?

>you have autism but not the kind that makes you useful for anything

Dogbert is a dog.

Pretty sure cancer isn't a super power.

TETSUUOOOOOOOO

Isn't this how it worked in Chronicle, basically? They got better at it the more they worked it out.

If anything, I'd say this is better than just getting the full power from the start, because it means that you have to develop discipline to use it.

>tfw no gf that is tsundere for science

I never understood the logic behind this one. The others at least [arguably and minus the last one] make some sense for limitations, but what does flying have to do with Physical Strength?

Is it implying you're lifting your entire body up? if so, wouldn't just having Wings and making you have to Actually carry your weight work better? Hell having Wings in real life sounds like it would be enough of a hassle to count as a drawback like the others

It says its affected by your fitness level, not necessarily your strength. Could be a cardio thing.