Where does the "typical nostalgic 80s/90s USA sub-urbs" in films really take place...

Where does the "typical nostalgic 80s/90s USA sub-urbs" in films really take place? Is it a specific state or city they like to film, or is the whole country like this?

Also, where could if I wanted to partake in that sort of comfy existence?

New England

Anywhere without blacks

>nostalgia
wat
my neighborhood looks like that

t. sheltered white boy

needs diversity

chicago suburbs
upstate new york

Sheltered from niggers and other garbage people

Is living in the Chicago suburbs nice? I hear the city itself is a hell-hole.

t. bubble boy

Every state in the union has suburbs. There isn't one region where they exist. Not everyone lives in a suburb but every state has them.

i'm not from america but the leafy green suburbs in new jersey shown in the sopranos is a very comfy place in my head when i think about it

Toronto and Vancouver.

Nah those are just the cheap copies

all the suburbs I been to has no fucking trees

where do you live, the desert?

That is where they were filmed tard

t. jelly nigger

That looks like any neighborhood I ever saw growing up.

Naturally, every neighborhood won't look exactly like that, with trees spanning over everything, many people live in city apartments.

Chicago is a lovely city, all the issues that get talked about are quarantined on the S/SW side. Downtown and most of the west and north sides seriously couldn't be nicer. But yes suburbs are nice too if that's your preference, and probably a bit cheaper than the city, though it's amazingly cheap for what you get

Toronto is hideous and full of non-assimilating foreigners. Haven't been to Vancouver. But yes they do have US-style suburbs

everywhere, they're older neighborhoods. just avoid the newer suburbs which look like sterile treeless shit holes far away from anything interesing

There's a few places in particular. Most of your nostalgia will be for movies filmed in Chicago or California. Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Ferris Buelers Day Off, all use Chicago suburbs to give a sense of home. Halloween, meanwhile, is filmed in LA suburbs.

Wrong

why is the south part of a city always so shitty?

Lets see if we can figure this out

i'm not talking about race. obviously blacks bring down an area. my question was why is it always in the south part of a city. why not the east or the north?

there are suburbs everywhere. I've always wanted to live on a street with those sidewalk-spanning trees though, the three suburbs I've lived in always had street-adjacent sidewalks and maybe one big tree per yard.

Now lets look at a shooting map for this year

>why is it always in the south part of a city

Its really not

Yeah, in the US it varies. It's often south but I couldn't even say mostly

It's not always south, it just depends on where the historical bullshit of not giving enough money/attention/representation to that part of the city while at the same time segregating that part of the city as a holding tank for the browns. This sounds like an SJW answer but it's really not. It's just what happened. Not every major American city, but a lot. I'm not even saying it's right or wrong, it's just what happened.

damn why so many shootings in the ocean?

examples of cities where it's like this?
here in sydney the west is the shit part

>ocean

>where could if I wanted to partake in that sort of comfy existence?

NOWHERE. For the sake of "creating economic equality" Obama shoved the "diversity" into any neighborhood he and HUD secretary Julian Castro deemed too white.

It is sad that the board is so filled with Sup Forumstards.

Having to justificate yourself for stating a historical fact, just out the fear of being called a SJW or reddit

And even then, they still have the guts to say there is a thought police out there