How were the Phase 3 villains so far? Thoughts

How were the Phase 3 villains so far? Thoughts..

Ego and Vulture are finally the memorable villains this universe lacked
>When our Lord God Ego arrives at his planet and My Sweet Lord starts playing
Fuck you all, this is my favorite movie of the year, i'm so sad we won't have a nice trilogy instead the guardians will be shoved in the infinity war flicks

Niki Lauda was the best part of Civil War.

Zemo - fine.
Kacilblah - wasted trash.
Vulture - good.
Hela - meh.
African-American Panther - TBA
Thanos - TBA.

Terrible, they need a giant monster like the kino of all film BvS had

Oh, and Ego was pretty crap too.

>Vulture
>memorable

lel he was as generic as they come. Ego at least had an interesting story of what he was trying going for him

Chris Patt was too self-centered for my tastes. No idea what they were thinking.

chris' dad*

GotG2 was atrocious, and the first is my favourite of all the Marvel films. It was the film equivalent of a fucking bottle episode.

Hela caused a phase 3 in my pants

>still no disney Doom

they were probably thinking his name is literally fucking ego

You're a giant nigger and don't deserve an opinion.

that's your opinion
I loved every second of it, guardians 1 and 2 are my favorite franchise of this decade

I'm fucking glad it wasn't connected to the rest of the franchise. It means I can actually actually the GOTG series without having to shift through everything else. It's just a shame that's going to be ruined thanks to Infinity War.

Oddly enough i liked 2 a lot more than 1, had more of a human element to it while still balancing the seriousness with the lightheartedness.

I felt like the songs didn't quite mix well with the second movie.

I love mr blue sky but the intro felt flat.

i thought the chain, come a little bit closer and father and son were well integrated. though the chain is one of my favorite fleetwood mac songs so maybe i'm biased.

>that's your opinion

Usually I would agree, but there are times when I'm willing to make an exception and this film is one of them. Opening with an extended scene of dancing Baby Groot was nauseating for a start; I could almost feel Marvel's focus-tested dick being forced down my throat.

Guardians is having a third movie in 2020, retard.
It's just they're shoved into the gay Avengers shit.

GOTG2 was pretty good. Would've been better if baby groot didn't get so much spotlight as a minion knockoff. Also Drax should've gotten throat chopped in the first scene and remained mute the rest of the movie.

Why are you watching children movies if you hate things that childs like?

Guardians 1 lifted me out of a deep depression two years. I'll never be able to hate it for that. I like that both films manage to be both amusing and emotional. They're also more memorable than the other MCU films.

>two years

*ago.

Ego and Vulture are the only okay ones so far, the rest suck or probably will suck

Is Hela Loki's daughter in the movie universe?

Odin's

>WHY DIDN'T THE MOVIE START WITH PEW PEW PEW AT THE CGI SQUID MONSTAH

Loki and Odin's? the fuck

Helmut Zemo was different, which I appreciated, but didn't have a threatening enough presence.

Kacilblah looked cool, did cool stuff, but lack of dialogue meant his potential went untapped.

Ego was fucking great.

Vulture was entertaining enough, but he may as well have been Johnny Dangerously in a bird suit.

Hela gave me an erection. Even with that, I liked her a lot. I think The Grandmaster stole the show though.

The film did start with "pew pew pew at the squid monstah", it just also had Marvel's Minion dancing in front of it. It was a bland scene with a bad scene on top of it.

Vulture was a decent departure from what everyone else was expecting, it's really fitting for a guy that's picking up alien scraps

When has based Goldblum ever not stolen the show?

>Marvel's Minion

That isn't going to catch on. Stop it.

Not enough screen time.
Not enough screen time, underdeveloped motive.
Great.
Don't know yet.
Great.
Haven't seen yet.
Haven't seen yet.

There hasn't been a single good Marvel villain in the entire roster. They're all either shitty over-the-top cartoon villains with no real motivation beyond "I'M EVIL" or else they're villains with pretend "depth" that amounts to a contrivance on top of a cliche. With the "serious" ones like Zemo being the worst examples of cosmic magic that we're supposed to accept as "smarts".

I thought Cate Blanchett was very menacing as a villain. Also muh dick

>telling someone on Sup Forums a meme they're trying to force won't catch on
i don't even have an analogy to describe how much time and energy you wasted even typing that

Probably less than you did typing that, m8.

>people complain that capeshit ends with generic cgi monster fights
>the Civil War villain sucked it was just a guy!

Two days before I watched the film I saw a middle-aged man wearing a t-shirt that had Baby Groot in a hammock on it, and it read 'Wake me up when it's the weekend'. Marvel's marketing arm already decided exactly what he was before you even laid eyes on the film.

not even him but I have no idea what relation your post has with his

So marvel has t-shirts?

They're getting a bit better with the villains, I'll give them that. Still nothing to go crazy about, but at least Marvel's listening to the complaints.

Time for your meds.

Pretty shit.

I especially hate Ego and the Strange villain. Shallow as fuck motivation. Captain America supervillain relied on too much plot . Haven't seen Thor, Spiderman or Black Panther yet

I liked them all so far (haven’t seen Thor 3 yet), but I did think Kacilblah needed more screen time to flesh him out more as a villain. A little more depth was needed for his defection to Dormanu to make sense. We needed a good flashback scene like the one in Kung Fu Panda 1 that showed us how he ended up the way he was and also showed us how similar and different he was from Dr. Strange.

Zemo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ego, Vulture > Kaecilius (?)
Not rating the Thor 3 villain, the BP villain and Thanos cause their movies haven't come out or I haven't seen them yet

I think Ego started strong but they fucked it up by not explaining at all what the fuck he wanted with a dead universe of just himself. He was bored on his own planet and seeded life everywhere but then wants to destroy it all in his image, so he'd be bored again just like in the first place?

>Ironic isn't it Thor? The grapefruit squeezing the human

I appreciate that the film means a lot to you, but that doesn't make it good. Put aside the toy commercial that is Baby Groot and you're still left with a stagnant mess that doesn't come close to the first one. Star Lord's story was nice enough but at the expense of everything else; Gomorrah was utterly wasted, Drax was Drax but dialled up too far, Rocket's warping scene gave me second-hand embarrassment and the musical choices took a shit. Also confining your intergalactic space-opera to one location for 80% of the film should've been reason enough to trash the entire script and start over.